Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers!!!!!!!!!!!

That's funny!!! I had been viewing videos on You Tube and hers was one that I REALLY followed. I watched so many of them. She really told the story from surgery day on. Where are you having your surgery? Just wondering if we will be close enough that you will hear me FREAKING OUT!!! lol I don't like hospitals or doctors or any of that stuff. Too bad I can't show up drunk....

Dr. Rodriguez in Tijuana...somewhere..... I live in Los Angeles, so I just drive down. Seems crazy but all the kids are doin it! Now your talking - where's the Margarita Machine... the waiting room I hope.

It's almost our turn to start our new lives I don't know about ya'll but August 8th cannot come quick enough...what is everyone doing to get ready??

Hi Kayla, I know how you are feeling, my surgery is the 16th of August. I wish you strength when you need it. What kind of pre surgery diet are you on? All liquid? sounds hard. I hope You do well. Mine is a 2 week modified fast, one healthy meal and 3 Protein shakes a day. I don't know why some doctors want all liquids and others don't. Whats up with that?

Dr. Rodriguez in Tijuana...somewhere..... I live in Los Angeles, so I just drive down. Seems crazy but all the kids are doin it! Now your talking - where's the Margarita Machine... the waiting room I hope.

I will be in TJ, too! I know I would NEVER do anything to impede my surgery but... I know i won't be the "Ideal patient" who walks in all happy and calm and walks out the same way. But I hear that they will give you something to calm your nerves if you need it. I WILL BE FIRST IN LINE.

I like that - Sleeve Sister. Sounds good! I'm just getting the swing of this forum. I've been a voyeur for months and am diving in. Are you on a Pre-op diet?

Me too....I joined about a week ago here. I am scheduled Aug. 22. I have my nutri. appt. next week. I know I have to be on a pre-op, two week, no-carb diet....but I will find out just what I can eat and not eat next week. I have been on a low carb diabetic diet for a month when they diagnosed me with Type 2 diabetes. My sugar is normal now, thank the Lord. I hope to lose a few more before surgery. I am really motivated right now, and hope to stay that way....Every once in a while the fear of surgery creeps in, but I am fighting it. I am determined to use this "tool" to become healthy again. Good luck to you. Please let me know how you are doing as soon as you get back to your computer after surgery.

I am on August 10 and am VERY happy to have found this Forum. I am 2 days on my Bariatric Advantage Protein liquid diet, so far so good. In the past two weeks I have given up tobacco (smoked and dipped occasionally), alcohol, diet coke, and now food...HA! I bought some of the shaker bottles at GNC that have the little wisk ball in them and they work GREAT for a shake on the run.

Also have some Crystal light powder and several Water bottles with measuring lines on the sides. I have a stack of books to read through during my recovery but honestly just want to get to it. Two weeks cannot go fast enough.

I am scheduled for Aug. 22. Good luck to you,. I will pray for you and all our friends on this site. Keep in touch!

I'm having mine on Monday, the 1st! I am very excited and anxious...I will spend tomorrow cleaning and packing a bag - then checking the bag 10 times to make sure i did not forget anything LOL

I have everything purchased and all lined up for when i get home from the hospital.

I just can't wrap my head around the change coming in just a few days - so excited!

I'm on Aug 24, which still seems SO FAR AWAY, but its under 4 weeks now.

I have a 2 week all-liquid pre-op diet, so I've been preparing for that mentally, partly by eating lots of good food now ;)

Yesterday I bought some thermos Soup containers to keep my broth warm when I'm at work (no microwave access). I just ordered some nectar Protein and powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup Protein the other day, as well as the Netrition sample pack (ordered the other sample packs months ago).

Oh, and I've bought some really cute tiny (dessert) plates for when I get actual food again. I found some at Ross that had my initial (K) on them.

I bought liquid Vitamins (at Costco), and ordered chewable Calcium when I got my nectar protein. I still need to get the B-12s. Otherwise, I'm just counting down the days until the liquid diet starts (11!) and until surgery (25!).

I LOVE READING EVERYONES EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!! I AM ON DAY 6 NOW OF liquid diet AND I HAVE LOST 7 LBS =) !!!! ON 9 MORE DAYS TIL SURGERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

birdlady and newdaycomn I added you to our calendar - just click on August All-Stars in my signature to find the August forum! You both have several others to share your date!