Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was reading a blog that someone posted to someone else. I was nodding along, reading and agreeing with everything that was mentioned... then I saw this:

http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/2010/03/researching-mexican-or-us-sleeve.html

Nude/Semi Nude Photos

Some doctors in the US and Mexico require pre op photos, some do not. Some require photos of you nude, some give paper undergarments to wear, some take pictures of you in your bra/underwear, and some take photos fully clothed. They don't typically tell you this until you arrive for surgery. You should probably ask if this is a requirement. If you choose to decline ask if they will decline to do your surgery..........

I have never heard of this for weight loss surgery! I know they tend to do it for b4/after plastic procedures but WLS??? Aceves doesn't do this does he? I am a VERY modest person. I can't even stand to have cleavage showing in public! This is something I absolutely WILL NOT DO! For ANY surgeon. Please tell me Aceves does not require this!!?? If he does I need to start looking for another surgeon!!

Oh, good heavens, NO!

This is one of the reasons I don't care for blogs that don't attribute odd requirements to the persons who require them. It just scares folks.

Oh, good heavens, NO!

This is one of the reasons I don't care for blogs that don't attribute odd requirements to the persons who require them. It just scares folks.

Phew! Thank you! I panicked when I read that. I can understand why she doesn't name names- liability, slander, etc. But on the particular note it sure would have been nice to have a list lol.

NO to the WAY! I have never heard of this. It sounds like a violation of all kinds of privacy laws. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah good luck getting this former fat boy in front of a camera for a nude or semi nude picture, I don't even like pics after 150+ pounds lost. A LOT of heavy people are the same way. There is no way a doc would require this of you, especially in the USA with the HIPA rules and all.

I was thinking the same as you all, that it was a privacy violation, my mind took it a step further as well. Forced nude/semi-nude pics would be assault, at least in the US.... but Mexico has different views and laws so I wasn't sure if this really happened or not. Thanks for the replies!

I was sleeved by Dr. Aceves two weeks ago today!!!! No one even mentioned pictures. But weird enough going home through San Diego Airport I was chosen to go through that x-ray machine. I just smiled big and thought i felt sorry for the viewer lol Cathi

Wow, I hope they didn't take nude pics of me!! lol No, never heard of it for wls, but my sis had to send a nude pic to get a price for plastic surgery in MX, and one of the most popular ones does this is well, they have to get an idea of how much Lipo, skin, whatever to remove and adjust the cost accordingly.

:)

I had surgery with Dr. Aceves today and they didn't even take a clothed picture of me. There may be docs that ask for nude before/after pics, but without written consent from the patient it is illegal (at least in the US). No worries! You have made a great choice!

One of the doctors seminars I went to required photos of you in a bra and underwear. I was totally freaked out by that! And they require you to write a 5 page essay. It is crazy how all of these dr's have different requirements.

My doctor's nurse took a front and side picture of me during my consult for my before pictures. I was fully clothed. It makes sense that they would do that. If they would have asked for a semi nude or nude, I would have declined and then would have been shocked if they didn't understand.

As for HIPA laws...it would not prevent a doctor from taking before pictures, but would prevent a doctor from sharing them with someone you did not, in writing, authorize.

But...it sounds like from other people, you have nothing to worry about.

=-)

I was reading a blog that someone posted to someone else. I was nodding along, reading and agreeing with everything that was mentioned... then I saw this:

http://wasabubblebut...-us-sleeve.html

I have never heard of this for weight loss surgery! I know they tend to do it for b4/after plastic procedures but WLS??? Aceves doesn't do this does he? I am a VERY modest person. I can't even stand to have cleavage showing in public! This is something I absolutely WILL NOT DO! For ANY surgeon. Please tell me Aceves does not require this!!?? If he does I need to start looking for another surgeon!!

No, Dr. Aceves absolutely does not take before and after photos of any kind. The only ones I've ever seen are patient requested where you stand side by side with him smiling, and you are fully clothed in hospital gown wear. I didn't take any photos during my hospital stay. Anyway, do not worry, you will not be asked to do anything that is uncomfortable such as taking newd photos.

One of the doctors seminars I went to required photos of you in a bra and underwear. I was totally freaked out by that! And they require you to write a 5 page essay. It is crazy how all of these dr's have different requirements.

That is crazy. The pics are bad enough.... PLUS a 5 page essay??? What is it supposed to be? Your "thin thesis"? :lol:

TOO FUNNY!!!! THIN THESIS....:D YOU GUYS REALLY MAKE MY DAY .... BUT IF INSURANCE IS GOING TO COVER IT THEN I SAY... DON'T FORGET INTRO ,BODY, AND THEN CONCLUSION ...FAT 4 NOW MAKE SURE I GET A COPY OF YOUR THIN THESIS... AND SMILE BIG FOR THOSE PIC..:becky:...

That is crazy. The pics are bad enough.... PLUS a 5 page essay??? What is it supposed to be? Your "thin thesis"? :lol: