Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just curious when can I start eating salads I'm only 8days post op. My body needs something I can't shower without feeling like I'm going to faint. :( one more week of liquids then ill begin my soft foods. But uhh help lol

Lettuce is difficult to digest, and isn't going to give you a lot of energy, drink some regular gatorade, or Powerade, Vitamin Water, or propel.

I had a 3 month restriction on any raw fruit, veggies, or nuts because those foods are difficult to digest.

If you can have cream soups(strained of chunks), or sugar free jello/pudding eat that stuff. Make sure you are getting in your all of your clear fluids.

I'm just curious when can I start eating salads I'm only 8days post op. My body needs something I can't shower without feeling like I'm going to faint. :( one more week of liquids then ill begin my soft foods. But uhh help lol

I am a month and 1/2 out and cannot imagine eating a salad yet. I just don't think it would sit well. I can't even tolerate dense foods yet. BUT everyone is different and every NUT has a different plan. Are you getting your shakes in? The shakes have enough Vitamins / nutrients in them that you could eat only shakes for 2 months and still be healthy (so says my Dr). Maybe your body needs more calories - Soup? Protein shots? etc.

My guide book from UC Irvine says: Salads that are finely chopped can be added at 7 to 8 weeks.

I'm in the middle of week 7 and the only raw vege I've had is tiny pieces of onion, tomoto and lettuce. I was fine, but my stomach was a little rumbly, so I haven't gone any further yet.

@day dreamer, ahh Im always drinking Protein Shakes uh there irritating me now lol haha they were good at first but then it just started tasting nasty I'm tired of my Protein Drink and liquids I get so dizzy I need something to like satisfy me of something lol help !

@day dreamer, ahh Im always drinking Protein shakes uh there irritating me now lol haha they were good at first but then it just started tasting nasty I'm tired of my Protein Drink and liquids I get so dizzy I need something to like satisfy me of something lol help !

Can you have full liquids? Yogurt (NO fruit chunks or seeds), sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding, creamed Soups that were thinned out and strained were all allowed for me before the mushy stage.

1. Combine bulgur and boiling Water in a large bowl. Cover, and set aside to soak for 1 hour.
  2. Add oil, lemon juice, onions, parsley, mint, tomatoes, and cucumber; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Thanks

SEO Company Canada

1. Combine bulgur and boiling Water in a large bowl. Cover, and set aside to soak for 1 hour.
  2. Add oil, lemon juice, onions, parsley, mint, tomatoes, and cucumber; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Thanks

SEO Company Canada

Mark, these recipes that you're posting look good, but they are not necessarily appropriate for WLS patients, particularly not for early-stage sleevers, like the OP of this topic. I don't know if you've had weight loss surgery, but I rather suspect that if you had, you would not be able to tolerate this particular recipe a few days after surgery (and I don't think I could tolerate that much wheat even at 3+ months postop).

Thanks

SEO Company Canada

This recipe looks something like Tabooleh (a middle eastern dish) without the cucumber. It is absolutely delicious but I only tried a couple of tablespoons at a time and not until week 6 (the end of my soft food stage).

Have you had your blood pressure checked? By day 10 I had dropped significantly...probably in large part due to the "low sodium" diet I'd been on for 3 weeks! Anyway, get checked...

I think raw veggies are off limits for at least 1-2 months. (Every plan is a little different.)

For the first few weeks, feeling dizzy is perfectly normal. Try drinking broth (not salty) and they count as liquid. Instead of Water, drink broth a couple times a day, just don't go over 50ml. Good luck. You will feel better soon.^_________^