Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The more I eat, the more I lose, the less I eat=STALL

I lose weight in a stair step kind of fashion. I'll lose 2-3 lbs in one week, then I'll lose nothing for another week or two. I have noticed when I eat more (low calorie of course), I lose more. When I'm not eating really, I don't lose. WTH?

If you don't eat at all your body will go into "survival" mode and try to hold onto any little thing you put in. This is the same way whether you're sleeved or not, that's why typical "starvation" diets don't work.

You have to eat small meals every 3-4 hours so that you body can burn fat. If you don't eat your body does not burn as Indymom and Autumnlily correctly mentioned.

Me too! I know its crazy...but I found if I add some carbs to my diet I lose more...wierd huh? And I do the same thing with the weight drops. I lose nothing and hover the same 2 lbs all week then on the weekend it seems I drop like 2-3 lbs like nothing??? I just keep pluggin along cause I keep losing. (I was sleeved April 12th so we're like a month apart...but I have been doing this for @ a month and a half.)

I have taken pics though and the difference is hard for me to see day to day...but the pics the other night kept me sane! Do you keep track monthly or so of your measurments? I see changes in inches even when I don't see pounds shedding.

Keep up the fantastic work!!!

Tammy~

Can you give me an idea of your typical day eating? When do you add the carbs in? With meals or just in-between? When I eat my meal, the only thing I've been able to in is protien.

Me too! I know its crazy...but I found if I add some carbs to my diet I lose more...wierd huh? And I do the same thing with the weight drops. I lose nothing and hover the same 2 lbs all week then on the weekend it seems I drop like 2-3 lbs like nothing??? I just keep pluggin along cause I keep losing. (I was sleeved April 12th so we're like a month apart...but I have been doing this for @ a month and a half.)

I have taken pics though and the difference is hard for me to see day to day...but the pics the other night kept me sane! Do you keep track monthly or so of your measurments? I see changes in inches even when I don't see pounds shedding.

Keep up the fantastic work!!!

Tammy~

Yes, I am a stair-stepper, too. Frustrating to say the least. I will lose about 3.5 one week, nothing the next, gain .5 the next, nothing again, and then lose another 3.5ish. I'm experimenting with my calories, too. I'm maintaining about 1100 a day, then I walk and burn off about 250. Sometimes I'll eat again to get back up to 1100, sometimes not, sometimes I'll eat way more and get up to about 1800. I'm still experimenting, but I've found that I do lose better if I eat more than 1100. As weird as it may sound, I'm kinda uncomfortable doing that, terrified I will post a big gain. It's a struggle in my head for sure.

Can you give me an idea of your typical day eating? When do you add the carbs in? With meals or just in-between? When I eat my meal, the only thing I've been able to in is protien.

Hi,

I had been sleeved on16.07.11. Returned home only 4 days ago to a collection of whey Protein powders, Soups ( cup in the Soup type), Soups in tins and yogurts. As you can see nothing very exiting! After my 1st day on that menu I decided to go back to days of my son's infancy.

Simple things:

- take 2-3 carrots (roasted-keeps nutrients in) and some green (boiled) green Beans, add chicken stock, beef or veg. Blast it in the food processor, spice it ( I used dill, black pepper and Magge ).

- few mushrooms, 1/4 of roasted or slightly fried onion, mix a Soup in the Coup- mushroom flavor with Water, blend it in the food processor and heat it in the microwave for 2 min.

OK, I think by now you get an idea about my cuisine. I'm experimenting all the time. Sometimes I'll add different spices:chili, paprika, and on...

After taking my first sip my stomach is very quick in letting me know the answer.

I imagine next week I'll start experimenting with many more different ingredients. Adding slowly foods with more substance. I'm trying to eat about 50g of Protein a day plus some carbs, especially that I'm type 1 diabetic on the insulin pump

Good Luck!

For my day...(lets start with I am a rule breaker...lol)

Get to work for 7 am. Cup of coffe with cream and sugar (normal no low fat no splenda...just reg old sugar and cream)

Break @ 9am is Breakfast. 1 packet sugar free maple & brown sugar oatmeal

drink a bottle of Water through out the day

lunch 11:30. Lots of time lunch is delivered so whatever it is, Moe's, Chilie's, Panera, chinese, sushi...I pick out about a half cup of mostly Protein and the a veggie or fruit.< /p>

If there is dessert...and there usually is...I go back @ 2pm and have like 2 bites of something...cookie, brownie...whatever it is but seriously like 2 bites or a handful of peanut M&M's. If we have sushi I have like 2-4 pieces of a roll depending on how long I have to spread out my eating time, spider rolls (softshell crab) and sweet potato rolls with eel sauce are my FAVORITE!

Dinner: whatever I make for the fam. chicken is big in my house or I'll make something for them and eat a bite here and there of dinner. If its Pasta I'll have a few bites then add some imitation crabmeat to my plate. (thats my grab n go)

After dinner I am a night time snacker...I cannot break that habit along with all the other changes...so I have a handful of kettle corn or 2 bullseye caramels (60 calories a piece)

Basically I track it all on my fitnesspal and I'm honest...I try to keep the carbs in check...if i have more at lunch I have to be more careful at dinner. Some days I'm good, others I'm bad...but I want to live the way I want and so far its all working for me. Could I lose faster if I picked my lazy bootie off the couch and exercised or skipped the M&M's....sure, but I want to be happy too.

So...theres my day, love it or run screaming....lol!

Do what works for you and MAKES YOU HAPPY! That is whyt we all did this right???? :)

Wow! I'm speechless!!

All this food and you're still loosing weight. OK, there's life after a surgery.

How long ago was your sleeve done? It'll give me something to look forward to....

If you're asking me when surgery was...it was 4/12/11. This has been my NO LOSS week...ugh! This weekend better get back on track! I always do better on the weekends, its tough at work with all the planned eating times and snacks!

I too am playing with my intake to see what is going on. I do the same thing...lose, stall, lose, stall. It is frustrating. BUT, I do think it is the calorie restriction that does it.

I basically eat between 600-850 a day and that is really hard for me to do most days. I will be 11 weeks out on Monday and sometimes, I just can't get it all in. I use myfitnesspal.com and have found on the days I exercise, I burn about 250-300 calories at a time. If I am only consuming 700, that is only leaving me 400 net for the day!! No wonder I am not losing!!

So this week, I only exercised twice instead of everyday and I lost 2lbs instead of .5. I think I need to try to do something to up the calories so I can exercise or not exercise for a while! It is so hard to wrap my head around all of this.

My plan only wants me to eat 3 times a day, 1/2 c, with no snacking, but I can't do that. I can't eat enough at one time to get enough calories in. So, I snack. I have to.

Maybe one day it will all just click!!

Kelly

I'm having the same problem. I'm about 5 weeks post-op and have hit a stall. I too am exercising and am often at a deficit for calories. Some days I only consume about 500 calories. I have been adding a Protein shake and am now trying to eat more than three times a day. Like you I can't eat enough during meal times to get my calories up. Especially, heavy foods like meat. I have decided to add a couple of Snacks too. However, I'm worried it will slow my weight loss.

I too am playing with my intake to see what is going on. I do the same thing...lose, stall, lose, stall. It is frustrating. BUT, I do think it is the calorie restriction that does it.

I basically eat between 600-850 a day and that is really hard for me to do most days. I will be 11 weeks out on Monday and sometimes, I just can't get it all in. I use myfitnesspal.com and have found on the days I exercise, I burn about 250-300 calories at a time. If I am only consuming 700, that is only leaving me 400 net for the day!! No wonder I am not losing!!

So this week, I only exercised twice instead of everyday and I lost 2lbs instead of .5. I think I need to try to do something to up the calories so I can exercise or not exercise for a while! It is so hard to wrap my head around all of this.

My plan only wants me to eat 3 times a day, 1/2 c, with no snacking, but I can't do that. I can't eat enough at one time to get enough calories in. So, I snack. I have to.

Maybe one day it will all just click!!

Kelly

Actually, I did a test this past week and I SHOCKED the hell out of myself!!

I snacked more (only 100-150 calories more day), didn't exercise as much-only twice instead of daily and when I weighed this morning, I lost 5.6 lbs!!!

WOW WOW WOWWWW!! THAT IS CRAZYYYY!!

I am so happy I almost screamed!! I now weigh. 185!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not been this low since I can not remember when!! I only have 20lbs till goal!! YAY!!

Kelly :D

quote name='moongirl' timestamp='1311488009' post='183831']

I'm having the same problem. I'm about 5 weeks post-op and have hit a stall. I too am exercising and am often at a deficit for calories. Some days I only consume about 500 calories. I have been adding a Protein shake and am now trying to eat more than three times a day. Like you I can't eat enough during meal times to get my calories up. Especially, heavy foods like meat. I have decided to add a couple of Snacks too. However, I'm worried it will slow my weight loss.