Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not sure where to put this. Need some help from post-op'ers.

Ok, so I am still considering Mexico a very viable option and one which I will probably stick with because I am not finding ANYTHING and the states that I will be able to afford w/in the next 2 years where I feel totally comfortable with the information I have gathered on the physician like I do with Aceves. So, while I continue to search the US, the possibility of getting sleeved in the states is fading fast just like it did the first time I looked into it and I am looking for ways to shave several hundred off our travel costs.

I have been looking into alternate forms of transportation. Taking a bus costs more than my other option and I have taken one b4, and now looked at the itinerary of a "sample trip" so to speak (random date selected to check pricing and itinerary), and I hate how the go to point A, point B, point C, back to B's neighboring town which we will call point D, on to point E and F then back to point D before FINALLY ending at point G which is you destination. This is just an example but this is how buses work unless YOU (I) charter one(which is insane for 4 ppl and ain't happening on my end), and it drives me absolutely bananas! My second option (and last that I am aware of other than flying) is a train. This a down fall that this will take more than twice as long as a bus. The upside is it costs less (little comfort though when we are talking about the fact that you spend a day and a half longer traveling to save $100), I have never ridden a passenger train but I imagine it will be easier to get up and move around which is critical post-op (correct me if I am wrong) and my oldest absolutely adores trains to the point of obsession lol so he would be in hog heaven!! Plus, don't passenger planes have a place you can lay down and sleep instead of sleeping in your chair like you do on a bus?? THAT would be a MAJOR bonus!

So what I need to know is: Do I have my facts correct regarding passenger trains? Do you think you could have handled such a long trip just days post-op?? Am I NUTS for even considering these as options, lol?

You may have posted this before, but can you leave your husband with the kids and go by yourself? Lots of people do and seem to get along just fine...

Ok I think you should travel alone like I did & you will save $$$$$!!! I'm 3 weeks post op & traveled to Mexico alone & saved money by leaving my family behind...you'll meet ppl & you won't be alone at all!!

Situation resolved, found a sitter for the kids, but thank you for the replys!!