Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calcium Citrate chewable--Which one taste the best?

I like and have used the Celebrate Calcium Citrate 500. They're waferish, don't get stuck in my teeth, and in maintenance, I only need 2 of them.

You can contact Celebrate via this link, and they will send you samples. I told them I had VSG, and they sent me 100% free, no shipping all of their Vitamins for VSG patients. The only thing I didn't get was the Iron supplement because I use their multi chewable with Iron already in it.

http://www.celebratevitamins.com/component/chronocontact/?chronoformname=sample

I take the Bariatric Advantage wild cherry chewables and I HATE them. They don't taste so bad, but they're gigantic and chalky and it's pretty gross.

I also get the caramel chews...they are delicious. I just ordered the chocolate but haven't tried them yet. You need to eat 4 per day in order to get all your Calcium, but I eat them on my way home from work each night during my 45 min drive home :)

Bariatric Advantage chocolate or Caramel chews. I think they taste really good. I haven't tried the lozenges.

I like the Bariatric Advantage Chews as well. I have lemon and berry and they are great, like eating a starburst. I have never tried the caramel but I am a caramel lover so I may have find them and give them a shot.

I use the Celebration Bariactric supplements and they are horrid! I just ordered the Bariactric Advantage chews. I hope they are better!! I have to find something I can take for the rest of my life so...

Living the dream,

Lauralaugh.gif

Yup, stay away from the BA and Celebrate chalky chewables. BA is the worst of the two and HATE is too mild a word. Both companies offer the chewy (caramel-like) chewables and they are not so bad (I've sampled a few different flavors).

Just the humble opinion of someone who I'm sure is low on Calcium :huh: . I've resorted to buying tablets and cutting them in half to get them down. I just haven't gotten around to ordering the expensive caramels yet.

Tonight at my support group meeting, they had a "taste testing" of a new (to them) product called Bariatric Fusion. We had 3 samples of the Protein Shakes (chocolate, vanilla and strawberry) and also 3 samples of chewable vitamins. I could only have one Vitamin due to already taking part of my Vitamins earlier today. I chose the mixed berry vitamin - it had really good taste and was NOT chalky. I liked it better than the Bariatric Advantage that I have right now. Everyone else who was there that tried them also liked the Bariatric fusion chewable vitamins.

It's so crazy how all our tastes are different. I liked the chews, and then they started leaving this funky film in my mouth. Both the BA and Calcet bites did the same thing. At first, I loved the lemon flavor, and after about 3 days, I couldn't tolerate them anymore.

I haven't tried the BA lozenges, but seriously I love the Celebrate chewables. Maybe it's because I've taken chewables for over 3 years and I'm just used to them. Or, maybe it's because I tolerate them because I only have to take 2 of them per day. I'm not sure, but with all the others, I was having to take 4-6 pills, chewables, chewies, etc etc to just the minimum of 1000mg per day, and in the losing, food restricted stage, it's recommended to consume 1200-1500mg so it's a toss up on what you'll like since we're all individual, and what one person might not tolerate, another might love.

I would order samples of as much as you can.

I personally didn't like any of the Bariatric fusion chewables, but I'm weird.

I just ordered my second GiANT bottle of Bariatric Advantage wild cherry chewables... I have come to enjpy them... WARNING! Do not inhale while chewing them, you get cherry lung from the dust. It is the cheapest way to get in good quality calcium citrate in a chewable that I have found.

Both my husband and I use Viactiv. We pick up the large bag at Sam's club for about $12. The last bag was caramel and they remind us of the caramels we use to eat when we were young. The chocolate is like eating a tootsie roll. We have 2 a day. I use to get the Bariatic Advantage but when we both had surgery we started looking at alternatives and these are comparable.

Both my husband and I use Viactiv. We pick up the large bag at Sam's club for about $12. The last bag was caramel and they remind us of the caramels we use to eat when we were young. The chocolate is like eating a tootsie roll. We have 2 a day. I use to get the Bariatic Advantage but when we both had surgery we started looking at alternatives and these are comparable.

Is Viactiv making calcium citrate now??? Because from my research and the only product labels on line are stating Calcium Carbonate which is not recommended for bariatric patients especially if we are taking an acid reducer such as Prilosec, Nexium etc.

There are huge differences between citrate and carbonate absorption rates, and bone density scans in bariatric patients have shown that carbonate is not absorbed properly.

It would be great if they were citrate.