Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain Under My Ribs on Left Side

I had the same pain and was told to take milk of magnesia.

I was so scared but trusted the nurse and took a dose and waited.

By the next day I was better.

Turns out it was gas and Constipation that I wasn't even aware of

Try the MOM see if it helps.

Keep us updated!

I will give that a try, a my surgen have not calle me back... Sad he said anything ANYTHING you just call. Now I called friday and today and nothing.. and it's not getting any better.

I will give that a try' date=' a my surgen have not calle me back... Sad he said anything ANYTHING you just call. Now I called friday and today and nothing.. and it's not getting any better.[/quote']

Oh no :(

You know I would call the after hour number and tell him you have called for two days and suffered the weekend.

See if he even was informed that you called

I had a damage to my spleen after the operation and ended up in emergency and over two weeks in hospital. Got home a few days ago - still have a nurse coming once a day for my iv (have a 24 hour drip bottle to carry around with me).

I had the same pain after my hysterectomy last year - it was from the pain medication! Once I got off that, the pain was gone. It was agonizing in the meantime...I kept taking pain meds for that pain, not the pain from the surgery, and it just made the pain worse...and the cycle kept repeating! I hope you find relief soon!

Thank you, I'm a lot better. The blood from my damaged spleen got infected and also caused pressure on my diagrams and to my left lung witched partially collapsed. I had enormous pain and found it hard to breath in the end a week after surgery I had a CT scan and they found it all collapsed and infected... :( Been 3 weeks from hell, but I'm getting better for each day. And today I had a small can of tuna in wholegrain mustard mayo - it was yum yum.. I'm back home with my family and thank god I have a good insurance, instead of going to the hospital each day I have a nurse coming to me as I'm still on iv drip antibiotic. :unsure:

I have been having similar pains and my ct and my labs all came back normal. i have had numerous endoscopies and all came back clear. my dr keeps playing the whole "i can't find anything so i can't help you". i have had this pain for about 8 months straight and recently there was a popping sensation in my stomach. the dr was supposed to do a laprascopic exploration of the outside of my stomach, but i was told " im not going to because if i find nothing u would have went to surgery for nothing and surgeries cost a lot of money". im going to get a second opinion and ill let u know.

I have had the same pain for awhile now and the doctor couldn't find it either. I just had gastric bypass on June 3rd so I'm hoping it will correct it? The pain comes and goes and it seems like certain foods makes it worse. Is that the same for you?

I'm a few days out and have pain there when I breathe deeply sometimes but it's right in the same place where my surgical drain was placed so as of right now, I am assuming that's what the pain is. It's so intermittent that I'm not worried currently.

I have also had this problem from time to time; I talked to a fellow sleever and their Dr. said that it was nerves responding to fullness in our sleeve. I googled my self to death thinking it was my spleen also but it only seems to happen afeter meals or if I have been traveling for a long time. Its more like a nagging pulling discomfort rather than a pain and it does go away if if I massage it and with Tylenol??? I hope they can figure it out for everyone.

Ugh the last 3 days I've had this! Today its been all day. I feel like I'm 9 months pregnant and the babies foot is jammed up in my left rib cage! Its sooo uncomfortable. Im 9 days post op tomorrow.