Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Costco protein shakes (Premier Protein)

I was browsing at costco this afternoon and saw these - wondered how they were? I was looking at the chocolate and wondered if they tasted OK.

Does anyone know - if I purchased them and didn't like it, could I return the remaining shakes? My guess is no but doesn't hurt to ask! They have 30 g of Protein and only 1 g of sugar (and 160 cals I think).

I drink them and I like them. They are thicker than chocolate milk so I usually pour them over ice to thin them out. You can bring them back if you don't like them.

If you chill them the taste gets a little bit better. I wonder what it would be like on ice? Just and FYI I had some in my cupboard that I have not drank in awhile and the all curdled. I was highly dissappointed as the best before date was for 2012.

I got the vanilla ones before surgery and i really liked them. After surgery, they made me GAG!! I think it is because they are soooo thick!

I hate them now and my husband had to drink the rest of the box. LOL

Kelly :rolleyes:

I have one each morning. I just keep them in my fridge. Love them cold. Haven't tried over ice. Might do that. I love them. NO chalky/powder taste.

Easy way to get in your Protein.

I really like these from costco as long as they are really cold. They don't have the nasty after-taste like so many pre-made drinks but they are thick.

My surgery is on July 29th and these drinks has been my mainstay on the pre-op diet.

I love them! Took them to work with me while on PreOp Diet. Going to do it again when I go back to work in the fall.:D

I too was in costco this afternoon looking at shakes. I was tempted to buy them but decided I should try a smaller pack first. I found a 4 pack RTD at Meijers for like $7.99. I didn't see any powder of the Premier Protein at Meijer. They had vanilla and chocolate. I bought the vanilla ones. I had some left over Decaf and poured some in with one and some ice. I couldn't believe it was a Protein Drink. I need to buy some instant decaf and mix in for a stronger coffee flavor. Plain the would be good too. I've been seriously dreading Protein Shakes because they haven't been good and they stink. It is not thick like muscle milk (which is the other one at Costco) and it didn't stink. On a side note, I did not like the Unjury ones. They did say that I could return an opened container to them. There is hope afterall.

I have been using the huge bag of powdered stuff from costco (Muscle Milk Lite Vanilla = 27 gr of Protein, like 1 carb). This is what my son uses because he's a flipping obsessed football player who is trying to bulk a bit and works out like a fiend.

Anyway, I like that it's mixed with only 4-5 oz Water so it's not some HUGE ordeal to get a couple down in a day. Somewhere on this forum (and forgive me, I'd really love to give credit to this genius, but their name escapes me) suggested making coffee fraps like starbucks. OMGOODNESS I actually look forward to this in the morning...

1 Scoop of aforementioned vanilla powder

1/2 Cup Water

1/2 Cup of ice

1 Tspn instant coffee (or to taste)

2 capfuls of SF Syrup flavor of choice (mine FAV is SF Carmel)

I feel like I'm having a frap instead of a Protein shake and that amount of coffee is perfect for me right now. I don't feel deprived of my Joe in the morning since doing these 'proapps'.

All that said, I don't have all the "vitamins" probably that prepared "diet" specific shakes have, but I have to take multi-Vitamins and supps anyway.

Susan

I am drinking my first Protein Shake and these are not too bad. Has anyone ever blended with warm Decaf coffee? I'm going to experiment tonight. Since these have 30 gms of Protein and only 11 oz, I think this is my best bet as the other powders I've tried have grossed me out.

OK, update - I mixed the drink with about 5 oz Decaf coffee and about 3 oz of 1% milk - got me 19 oz of liquids and tasted much better than just drinking it "straight." I am going to mix with just milk tonight and see how it is.