Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are you From?

Sign in to follow this  

I just joined the "Sweet Home Alabama". I was sleeved Dec 1 in Birmingham and just recently moved to Calera. Love to meet any other local sleevers.

Oh wow! I live in Montevallo....we're practically neighbors! I had my surgery in March in Huntsville.

How has your experience been with the sleeve?

It was the best thing I ever did. I was one those that did not have any type of complicatoins. I have only twice ate to quickly and had the case of the foamies but have yet to throw up.I walk 2-4 miles a day. My husband had his in March in Atlanta and has already reached his goal. I am close to where I want to be by physical appearance but would still like to lose another 10-15 lbs if we are going by the scale. We will have to try to met up sometime.

Yeah, I didn't have any complications either (unless you consider plantar fasciatis (sp?) a complication, lol). I did mess up once and had to throw up but it was when I first started on solids again. You're doing great, my exercise program isn't nearly as dedicated as yours, I'm just doing some strength training 3-4x a week and increasing activity through the day. so go you, lol.

I'd love to meet up, maybe after summer....I don't do well with heat at all (even that is improving with surgery - amazing!)

Hello everyone! I am going to be sleeved on August 30th. I live near Jacksonville, Fl. But I'm from Dothan, Al. Most of my family still live in Dothan. I know I'm too far to meet up with anyone but, I still wanted to join the group.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Hey Ya'll.

I was born in Tuscaloosa, grew up in Northport. Graduated from the University of Alabama. Lived in Geneva, Montgomery and Vestavia Hills before settling in Orlando for the last 15 years. Still hoping I get insurance approval to make my surgery date of August 24. If approval doesn't come in time for Dr. Marema, maybe Dr. Koppman can do my surgery. Love all the people on this site, it is AWESOME!

I'm in Phenix City.......I am from upstate N.Y. and ended up here due to a military move. Hoping to have surgery just starting the process. Just hoping to meet some others and share our journey.

Hi everyone! I'm in Alabaster. Dr. Lee Schmitt is my surgeon. I have the sleep study (required) tonight. I'll meet with my regular doctor on Thursday and let him know what I'm doing and get a clearance from him. I'm hoping to get a surgery date for November.

Carrie, how are you doing? You are already 6 weeks post op!

Klus263, Your results are remarkable!

Sychadelic, how are you doing?

Hello everyone! I am from Huntsville AL and Dr. Mailapur did my sleeve on June 25th. I have been doing great so far! I am 3 weeks out and have lost 18 lbs post op and 41lbs all together!! I walk 20 minutes a couple of times a day and tomorrow I start strenght training. My doctor and his staff are awesome...I would highly recommend him.

Roll Tide!