Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 wks post op..can't see weight loss

I'm 2 weeks post op but I don't see a big weight loss some people say that they have...what am I doing wrong?? By now shouldn't I have dropped a ton of weight??

Im like 10 days out and I havent lost alot either! I have lost like 5 lbs since surgery and I really thought it would be like 10 or so by now. They say you lose fast the first little bit after surgery but not me so I know how you feel!!!

I'm 2 weeks post op but I don't see a big weight loss some people say that they have...what am I doing wrong?? By now shouldn't I have dropped a ton of weight??

Hi guys, I can't really talk much because I'm only about 5 days post-op, but they say that in the first few weeks sometimes your body just kind of spazzes out, like "what have you done to me??" and it takes a while for the weight loss to catch up with you. That used to happen to me when I was just regular dieting, too...I'd do so well for a few days but the scale wouldn't budge, and then all of a sudden the next morning I'd wake up and have lost 3 pounds. It was like it was "chunks" of weight coming off in spurts instead of consistently. Anyway, that's my two cents. Here's to hoping you start "chunking" the weight off soon!! I know how bad it feels to be at a seeming stand-still. :)

Thoughts and prayers!

The same thing happened to me...I believe that it was the swelling and some Water retention When I went in for my 2week post-op appointment I only weighed two pound less than the day of my surgery. At my 4 week appointment I was down 30 pounds. Hang in there, the pounds will start melting off before long!

I'm 23 days post op and the scale only shows that I've dropped 7 pounds since surgery. I can tell that my clothes are loser and my feet, knees, and hip don't hurt all the time. I'm thinking that since I lost 25 during my pre-op diet that lasted for 3 1/2 weeks that now my body says, "hey, it's time to stall." Then I have moments were I don't think the surgery is working at all. But I know that I'm not eating enough to gain anything and that with all the huge changes my body is going through, it's probably freaking out and hanging on to whatever it can. I don't know! It is frustrating even though I know this is a process. I hope that some of the people that are a lot further out will chime in here and tell us their experience. :blink:

Thanks to everyone for the replies because I was really having the blues today about not loosing weight...I just don't want this surgery to be a waste of time...

Are you able to get in all your fluids? You could be retaining Water from the surgery. Allow your body to heal this will soon pass and your weight will start to drop.

I gained so much weight the first week because of Water retention. It was horrible. Then I spent the next two weeks losing that water weight. At week 3, I stalled for almost a month. Right about week 6 it started melting off. Seriously just dropping off. Now it steadily drops off. You just have to be patient. I wanted to lose it all immediately. Reality check, how long did it take you to become overweight? It's going to take just as long or longer to lose it. Be patient and don't worry yourself to death right now. Just go through the steps and remember this is a great tool. Make it work for you and you'll go far. Good luck and congrats!

Thanks for the encouraging words!!! Now I'm wondering should I be following a special diet or what?? I haven't consulted with a nut..

Oh my Gosh! This forum is a life saver =) I was so sad this morning, this is my second week post op and I've done everything correctly and have only lost 2 pounds this week. I'll take the two pounds, don't get me wrong, but I've been watching youtube videos and everyone seems to lose around 6-8 the second week. =(

I hope I do start losing some serious weight this next week.

Maraki I was devastated lol but we didn't gain all this weight in a few weeks so it'll take time to come off..hang tight because it's only uphill from here!!

Thanks DivaDee! =) I lost 9.8 pounds the first week and just figured I'd be like all the people on youtube and lose 5-7 the second week. I am doing everything correctly so I guess I'll just have to wait. I haven't started exercising because one of my "wounds" hasn't healed completely, but I will next week and I hope that makes a difference.

How far ahead are you?

Consider any weight lost while you're freshly healing a bonus.

hang tight because it's only uphill from here!!

Umm...downhill maybe? :)