Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congratulations, you are very lucky to have this covered by your insurance! Not as many people are so lucky. I had a drain w/my Sleeve, and it was more or less a pain than anything else and yes the pulling it out was quite weird. I figure I will wait until at least this fall or next Spring before I pursue plastics hoping I can try and get Aetna to pay for something- ha ha... They do have the CPT codes in there, but whether I will meet their criteria is another. I haven't had any rashes for several months now since getting closer to goal. So, will just have to see. It's interesting since I need arms, thighs, ta ta's, thighs, tummy.... I notice when I hold the girls up, it does naturally help the tummy area- not make it go away, but it does help. So, if I end up paying out of pocket, I will probably opt for the breast augmentation and then decide whether to do the arms or tummy. Ideally both of them, but just have to see where things end up at that point.

Keep us posted on your journey!!

Well, I know it's been awhile, but I just had my 6 month follow-up appt. with the surgeon for my panni surgery. I have a date!! I'm sooooo excited. It's been so long that it's reminding me of the long journey leading up to my sleeve surgery. So just 6 weeks from now I will have this fatty apron of skin removed from my stomach for FREEEEEEE. I've wanted this thing gone for so long. I'm very excited.

GIRRRRL YOU ARE SO BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be sure to take before and after pics! And we want to hear EVERY detail of pros and cons!!! HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked my Dr and showed him my rashes n he just gave me cream' date=' wth?? Oh well gotta do this n jump threw hoops I guess. Sophia, that's exciting. Ur gonna be a super model before u know it, hee hee[/quote']

I just got back from my support group and a plastic surgeon was there, he said of you can document rashes under the abdominal apron that the creams and powders don't work them you have a better chance of getting your abdominal surgery approved and paid for by the insurance co

Sent from my iPad using VST

I just had my plastic surgeon consultation on Monday. He presented me with 3 options - panniculectomy, a Tummy Tuck or a lower body lift. We discussed the differences in depth and I'll share with you what he said. I also go over it on my YouTube channel "BeachWithMyBabies".

Panniculectomy - this is skin and fat ONLY. There is no readjustment of the belly button (will usually look like a frown after). There is no address of the muscles. This is also a medical procedure, not a cosmetic one. It does not address loose skin or fat above the belly button. I've been doing research and there is a good percentage of people who are unhappy with the results and wish they had gone forth with the TT. Scar line runs from hip to hip. There may be "dog ears" where the scar ends and fat remains. However, insurance WILL cover this procedure.

Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) - this is skin, fat AND muscle addressed. They remove the belly button and relocate it at the end. The stomach muscles are woven back together if separated. More fat removal and body contouring done. Areas above the belly button are addressed. Scar line is exactly the same as is the recovery. The risk for "dog ears" are the same if you have fat along your hips. Insurances WILL NOT cover this procedure because it is cosmetic, however the WILL cover part of it since the Panni is included. So you can get your surgeon to get part of it covered. My additional cost for a Tummy Tuck with insurance covering the Panni is $6K.

Lower Body Lift - This addresses everything with the Panni, the TT, AND it extends to your back, lifting your buttocks and sliming your outer thighs. It does not address your inner thighs. The surgeon removes a belt of skin and fat from around your middle and pulls them together, effectively lifting the loose skin on your buttocks and smoothing and sliming your thighs as well as the TT improvements. This is a longer procedure and you are under general anesthetics longer. There are also a few more risks associated with this and your scars could be more prominent at pressure points during healing. You will have a scar along your back. This removes more fat and skin, as well as addresses separated abdominal muscles. Insurance WILL NOT cover this as it is cosmetic, but can put in for your Panni since they will be addressing this during this time. My additional cost for a LBL with insurance covering my Panni is $10K.

I will be having my surgery the start of June. I am currently trying to decide between the TT and the LBL. I am leaning towards the LBL - I'm very athletic and the feeling of my butt hitting the backs of my legs when I run is less than "happy place." I'm looking forward to finally seeing those 6-pack abs that I've earned but have never had the chance to show off! I'm 5'4" and 165 lbs. AFter surgery, I should be at my fitness and weight goals.

What? That's weird. I didn't have to call anyone to let them know I finished the class...interesting. The surgery department just called me right away to schedule an appointment. I wonder why they said that. Did they tell you that once you have your consult with the surgeon it could be a 1 week wait to a 3 month wait, just depending on how busy they were?

Okay, so I am lost - sleeve4me, did you or did you not wind up having the panniculectomy? ??

Okay, so I am lost - sleeve4me, did you or did you not wind up having the panniculectomy? ??

No Nannie! The surgeon said I just look post preggers (???) and that I am the perfect candidate for a tummy tuck...

Soooooo If I'm going to pay out of pocket for any plastics, my #1 would be a lower body lift...so the panni is out for me :(

How rude of him!!! lol And I would LOVE a Tummy Tuck and lifestyle lift on face but $$$$$$ right now! ha! After two C Sections, Hysterectomy and 100lb weight loss, there is NOO hope for regaining any thing else from this skin but like you, I don't think they would approve the panni for me. I sure would love to have TT and "other things" yanked up and trimmed and tightened! lol

How rude of him!!! lol And I would LOVE a Tummy Tuck and lifestyle lift on face but $$$$$$ right now! ha! After two C Sections, Hysterectomy and 100lb weight loss, there is NOO hope for regaining any thing else from this skin but like you, I don't think they would approve the panni for me. I sure would love to have TT and "other things" yanked up and trimmed and tightened! lol

awww you're so sweet nannie! But SHE was actually saying it as a compliment. She said I looked like any other woman who had big babies and gained a lot of weight during pregnancy, but didn't look like a WLS patient that had lost lots of weight and has tons of loose skin (in the panni section). She thought I looked great LOL!

My insurance will only cover a panni and she said I don't have any hanging skin there, so that's why she said I would be a perfect candidate for a TT. I knew that, I just don't have the money for that...right now

:)

This is the one that spoke at our support group. There are pics on the site.

http://drloomis.com/

I was scheduled on Monday for surgery October 2nd. Pre-op 9/21, Marking (surgeons drawings) 10/1 and Post-op 10/5. All this done straight from the surgeon and his nurse in his office. I'm just waiting for the actual times to be there for each date. I will be called for those.

As for Kaiser, in my experience, I've been given referrals, but I truly believe it is at the discretion of the specific surgeon of what to do. Remember, it is just a REFERRAL.

Some docs can be DICKS; Excuse me. That's why I went directly to the source, because this same surgeon that is performing the Pann procedure, did my breast reduction in 1990. Without hesitation and examining me, he made the decision.

So whatever your concern may be, please don't give up. Every situation is different. Be patient.

Krys

What? That's weird. I didn't have to call anyone to let them know I finished the class...interesting. The surgery department just called me right away to schedule an appointment. I wonder why they said that. Did they tell you that once you have your consult with the surgeon it could be a 1 week wait to a 3 month wait, just depending on how busy they were?

lol. I'm responding to my post. The appointment that I had on 1/2/12 was with a surgeon who told me when I lost 75lbs, to visit with her and we'll schedule surgery. WELLLLLL not!!!! She sent me on a rollercoaster. Do this, Do that. After 5 months of her crap, I made a visit with my surgeon who performed my breast reduction and was scheduled the same day. One thing about it, I'm glad I did have to wait this long. Because when I sit back and think of all the things I went through, I am with the surgeon I am most comfortable with anyway.

Krys

Hello

I've been researching TTs, Panni's, abdominal lipectomy, abdominalplasty on the internet and watching surgery procedures on youtube.... one website I found that were written by the plastic surgeons in Bellflower, Ca is

http://xnet.kp.org/p..._lipectomy.html

I found this to be great information. It seems that Kaiser approved for patients to have an abdominal lipectomy which is the panniculectomy and abdominalplasty together. Although I am at 85 pounds lost, I have an appt to see plastic surgeon in a week 1/2. I merely want to know where I stand in having the procedure and go from there. WIll keep you all posted.

Good luck Sophia

Krys

Good luck to all of you.

So I had my panniculectomy surgery on June 7, so I am appox. 4 weeks post op right now and could not be happier...the entire surgery procedure was so smooth. I woke up feeling great, didn't even have a bruise on my hand from the IV, and was home recovering by 1pm that same day. Total skin and fat removed was 5.5 lbs!

Pain was minimal. I had 2 drains and an automatic internal pain pump. Swelling scared me a bit, but at week 3 when it started going down I was very pleased with the final result. The drains were a pain, literally. I went back after week one to have them removed and surgeon decided to keep them in another week for swelling to subside more. I wanted to kill him and week two sucked but at least I was able to shower. Maneuvering around with those drains was so frustrating.

Now I'm back to work. Still need to wear compression garment for a few more weeks until final swelling is gone. I feel like a new person. I keep looking down and can't believe it's gone. My pants are flat in the front! I still get surprised everytime I look at my stomach. It was so worth it and can't believe it was free (covered by Kaiser!).

I don't know if I had a great surgeon or what, but the result is almost as good as a Tummy Tuck. I expected a lot more fat to be left at the top. There is some, but not an over-hang. I was also surprised how tightly it was lifted from the bottom up! I'm extremely happy to finally be flat! Dream come true! :D

So I had my panniculectomy surgery on June 7, so I am appox. 4 weeks post op right now and could not be happier...the entire surgery procedure was so smooth. I woke up feeling great, didn't even have a bruise on my hand from the IV, and was home recovering by 1pm that same day. Total skin and fat removed was 5.5 lbs!

Pain was minimal. I had 2 drains and an automatic internal pain pump. Swelling scared me a bit, but at week 3 when it started going down I was very pleased with the final result. The drains were a pain, literally. I went back after week one to have them removed and surgeon decided to keep them in another week for swelling to subside more. I wanted to kill him and week two sucked but at least I was able to shower. Maneuvering around with those drains was so frustrating.

Now I'm back to work. Still need to wear compression garment for a few more weeks until final swelling is gone. I feel like a new person. I keep looking down and can't believe it's gone. My pants are flat in the front! I still get surprised everytime I look at my stomach. It was so worth it and can't believe it was free (covered by Kaiser!).

I don't know if I had a great surgeon or what, but the result is almost as good as a Tummy Tuck. I expected a lot more fat to be left at the top. There is some, but not an over-hang. I was also surprised how tightly it was lifted from the bottom up! I'm extremely happy to finally be flat! Dream come true! :D

Congrats on your plastics! I know they are sensitive so I would understand if you didn't want to but photos before/after (well after the swelling has gone down) would be awesome. I am considering plastics but not sold on the idea yet. I probably should go for a consult just to see what would work best and how much it would co$t. My surgeon is pushing me to do plastics but I am very wishy-washy on the subject.

SO awesome that it was paid for, that rocks!

Has anyone had a Dr. Eby or Dr. Amzoyan as their surgeon for a panne or breast lift?

I just got the referral from my doctor to Plastics because I have a terrible rash that won't go away around my breast area and no cream or powders have worked. I've had the rash for about four months now, maybe longer. I was given the referral for a breast lift, but I am hoping that he will do a panne also, but I still have another 20 pounds to lose, and it is all in my stomach area below my belly button.

I looked up Dr. Eby on the Kaiser web site, and he looks like a good one.

Edited to add: by the way, I am essentially at goal at 135 now, but I thought it might be fun to get down to 115, my high school weight. I am 5'4".