Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my 6 months started yesterday.......its seems like it will be forever

Susan...that was very encouraging and sweet. BOY..I need this community. Everyone here is so helpful. I feel a bond with everyone and I dont know anyone......I will be patient and not get overwhelmed with all that "will be". It "will be" and thats all that matters. I am very happy for you and thank you for your kind words. They came at the right time.

Sarah :D

Sarah,

I feel your pain sweetheart. I know 6 months seems like a long time and itmust be hard to not know that it's going to happen and your fate seems to be in the hands of others; the professionals.

If I may offer some advice? I would ask that you believe this is going to happen for you and move forward with purpose. I cannot tell you what having something positive to focus on and work toward did for me. No, I didn't have 6 months because I was a self-pay, non reliant on insurance...but I have struggled under a cloud of self loathing and defeatism over my weight for far too long. I gave up at least the last few years of my life unwittingly. I'm done with regret. I was living half a life at best. I really sense you are in a place like that. So, please, make the mental adjustment that THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN and move forward to act on that foundation!

I know you will start to see things in a whole new and encouraging way. Every day is new and every day you will be able to see the end of the tunnel is closer. Don't feel like you have to rush to get everything done. One thing at a time.

You are very likely not crazy. Overwhelmed, depressed, frustrated; maybe.

Stay connected kiddo. Things are going to get better! I'm praying for you.

Susan

Susan...that was very encouraging and sweet. BOY..I need this community. Everyone here is so helpful. I feel a bond with everyone and I dont know anyone......I will be patient and not get overwhelmed with all that "will be". It "will be" and thats all that matters. I am very happy for you and thank you for your kind words. They came at the right time.

Sarah :D

What makes it easier for me is thinking about it like this...

I've spent 30 years being overweight and hating life. This time next year I'll be down 100 pounds and out kayaking or something. What's 1 year compared to 30?

Visualize the goal :) Start imaging what you're going to be doing a year from now. That helps me stay strong.

Hey congrats!

i know exactly how your feeling and thats why i just started my account here too i wanted people to relate to people who understand what im going thru. Dont worry the time will fly! :)

I'm 2 months into my 6 month supervised diet....I feel like next year seems so far away. I was so desperate, I was even willing to self pay but I have decided to take a chill pill (I'm very inpatient) and go through insurance since I am fortunate enough to have an insurance that covers this surgery. But I DEFINITELY know how you feel. I will probably have surgery in January. So we will be going through all of this together! Welcome!

Sarah,

I am so glad you started your journey to a healthier better you. I felt exactly as you do and I too am in the Pre-Op stage. I have been trying to change my view of food and how I use food for comfort, in boredom and when stressed. This 6 months is a great time to start a food journal and emotional journal. You will be surprised as how close extreme emotions trigger eating, at least for me it did. I am still working on that and am glad to have the 6 months to get my "head" in the "Losing stage" and let my body catch up after I get my sleeve. You have come to a great neighborhood on this site. WE are all in this together and we don't leave friends behind. So welcome to the block new little neighbor, we are glad you are here!!!!! :welcome:

Thanks!!!! Thats a perfect way to look at it! Thanks!! I see my dietician saturday...one more step closer....I need to find some goals and things I havent been able to do and make me a list. I believe that will help so much. :D

What makes it easier for me is thinking about it like this...

I've spent 30 years being overweight and hating life. This time next year I'll be down 100 pounds and out kayaking or something. What's 1 year compared to 30?

Visualize the goal :) Start imaging what you're going to be doing a year from now. That helps me stay strong.