Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will be sleeved in 2.5 weeks... Can someone share their experiences?

I will be sleeved in 2.5 weeks, and I am facing a lot of anxiety about it. At first I had questions whether I was doing the right thing or not. But after reading post of post-op success stories and how it changes someone's life (I cannot tell you how many people said it's been the best decision they've ever made), I feel a little more at ease.

My questions: How many of you had a bad experience post op (maybe with being sick or other issues) and now LOOKING BACK can say it is the best thing they did? I know there are some that had smooth-sailing surgeries and are happy with their success (AND I hope to be one of them), but in preparing myself for another reality, I would like to hear from those who had a difficult time at first but have passed through it and still think it's the best thing they did. I see some early post-surgery posts of people having a rough time, and I am feeling anxiety about it... just want some reassurance that it is worth the pain! ;-)

Well, I'm having my surgery tomorrow, so I can't speak to the "after", but I do know that everyone experiences it a little differently. That said, virtually everyone that I have seen post on here has said that it was worth it in the long run - even when they had difficulties right after surgery. It's normal for us to be nervous about this. It's also normal right after the surgery to go through a period of "WTH did I do?" and of "Why did I do this to myself?" Again, it's normal and I wouldn't worry about it too much. Of course this time tomorrow, I might be singing a different tune. LOL :D

I hated life right after surgery and I still hate life on any given day, but I know that I made the right decision for myself. Try reading this thread and this one for stories from sleevers who had a hard time, but are happy now.

Well, I'm having my surgery tomorrow, so I can't speak to the "after", but I do know that everyone experiences it a little differently. That said, virtually everyone that I have seen post on here has said that it was worth it in the long run - even when they had difficulties right after surgery. It's normal for us to be nervous about this. It's also normal right after the surgery to go through a period of "WTH did I do?" and of "Why did I do this to myself?" Again, it's normal and I wouldn't worry about it too much. Of course this time tomorrow, I might be singing a different tune. LOL :D

Good luck tomorrow!!! And thanks for the encouragement!

I hated life right after surgery and I still hate life on any given day, but I know that I made the right decision for myself. Try reading this thread and this one for stories from sleevers who had a hard time, but are happy now.

Thanks so much for your honesty and your links you provided!!!

Lonniethatgirl,

I have no insight for you either, only that i have read these forums for weeks now. I also am being sleeved on August 1st ( about 2.5 weeks) and am totally scared and completely excited at the very same time. I wish us both good luck in our future!

Gayle

Hi! I'm almost 3 weeks post op and feel so much better than I did the first week or week and a half. I had buyer's remorse several times and I had panic moments. I had depression and the feeling that I would never feel better again but as of today....hummmm, let's see, I am 19 days post op....I'm starting to feel more and more like myself again. My belly is still tender and getting my Protein down is still a bit of a challenge but I would definitely do it again. If you had asked me, oh say, a week or so ago....I might have answered that question differently.

I have a blog that I use almost strictly for my journey. I wrote about how I felt and what I was going through. I haven't updated in a few days so you don't see all the positive things I'm feeling now but I did have a hard time the last couple of weeks. If you want to read it, it is

http://sliceofhealthyplease.blogspot.com/

I'm having my surgery around the same time you are, Aug. 4th! Good luck! I have some of the same worries but all I can say is we will get through it and on the other side we'll be much healthier and happier. ;)

Lonniethatgirl,

I have no insight for you either, only that i have read these forums for weeks now. I also am being sleeved on August 1st ( about 2.5 weeks) and am totally scared and completely excited at the very same time. I wish us both good luck in our future!

Gayle

I have the same feelings, Gayle! Good luck with your surgery!!!

Hi! I'm almost 3 weeks post op and feel so much better than I did the first week or week and a half. I had buyer's remorse several times and I had panic moments. I had depression and the feeling that I would never feel better again but as of today....hummmm, let's see, I am 19 days post op....I'm starting to feel more and more like myself again. My belly is still tender and getting my Protein down is still a bit of a challenge but I would definitely do it again. If you had asked me, oh say, a week or so ago....I might have answered that question differently.

I have a blog that I use almost strictly for my journey. I wrote about how I felt and what I was going through. I haven't updated in a few days so you don't see all the positive things I'm feeling now but I did have a hard time the last couple of weeks. If you want to read it, it is

http://sliceofhealth...e.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for your info! Sounds like from others the first few weeks are the worse with it progressively getting better... that's good news :-) Thanks for the blog link, too!

I'm having my surgery around the same time you are, Aug. 4th! Good luck! I have some of the same worries but all I can say is we will get through it and on the other side we'll be much healthier and happier. ;)

Thanks and good luck to you, too!

You're welcome! Yes, I'm now 3 weeks out and I would have to say about the hardest time is the first month. But just so you know, today was better than yesterday. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now, I'm starting to focus in on losing weight not just Protein and liquid intake. Stay encouraged as you're going through, that no matter how bad you feel, that most new days will seem better than the last in one or many ways. I'm so happy that I had this surgery. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Thanks so much for your info! Sounds like from others the first few weeks are the worse with it progressively getting better... that's good news :-) Thanks for the blog link, too!