Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back in the hospital.....a-freakin-gain

I went to see my doctor this morning for a check up and nearly passed out in the waiting room. He admitted me to the hospital. I was having severe muscle cramps and weakness. My lab work came back PERFECT...could be that I'm dehydrated and everything is concentrated...hence the good labs. If I had to bet I'd say my potassium is low. I do feel somewhat better since getting a bag of IV fluids bolused. Right now I'm trying to choke down milk of magnesia because apparently I need it. I've literally been admitted to the hospital once a week since my surgery and this is getting OLD. I just want to be home cuddling with my babies and living my life. Hopefully soon this rough patch will pass.

I just want to be home cuddling with my babies and living my life. Hopefully soon this rough patch will

I feel for ya...

I have the same feelings- though not been back to hospital-

trying to eat... todays lunch came up faster than it went down...

:(

so far no dizziness today, as soon as my tummy dcides it can take liquids I will start full throttle on power ade...

"Unless You Puke, Faint or Die, Keep Going!" ~Jillian Michaels

done two outta three... can I just sit here the rest of day?

I had my surgery June 16th, 2011.

<br /><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="3">I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time. How far out are you?</font></font><br />
<br /><br /><br />

I am sorry you are still having problems. One of the biggest problem with dehydration is that it tends to make you nauseous which makes you take in less which makes your dehydration worse which makes you more nauseous. The thing that you need to fix it makes you feel worse at first. I saw you wrote about getting some grape Isopure that was my favorite. I would mix in some grape flavor crystal light to make it tastier also there is Ocean Spray diet cran-grape. Right now it is more important for you to take in fluids then Protein. Feel better.

I am so sorry. Hopefully they can figure this out & get you back to feeling like your old self very soon.

Aww, I will be keeping you in my thoughts! Please try to keep positive!

SO sorry to hear you are in again!! Keep a bottle of Water in your hands at all times, when you don't have one..have a popscicle!! My doc said sleeve patients can dehydrate easily!

Thanks everyone. Today hasn't been all that great. I was supposed to have a barium swallow study done this morning. I spent the majority of the night in the bathroom dealing with the effects of Milk Of Magnesia....not fun. Anyway, I was incredibly weak and sick this morning. My nurse gave me zofran IV and sent me off for my test. I knew I was in trouble when I was shaking in the wheelchair being wheeled to radiology. I kept feeling like I was going to pass out. So they get me in the Rad. dept, get everything all ready for the test...tell me to come stand on this little platform thing...Still telling them I feel very weak. They hurried up and lowered the thing over my chest and then I started feeling like I couldn't breathe, heart racing, scared to death because I felt like I was going to yak and faint all at the same time. At this point I hadn't even had the lovely stuff to drink. I felt the thing I was standing on start to go back. When the doc heard me he immediately started adjusting the table so that I was laying down..but it freaked me out!!! I just KNEW I was going down. They got in me in a laying position and I started feeling a bit better, though crazy nauseous. They decided to send me back to my room and I don't remember the rest. I woke up back in my bed and feeling extremely drained. I really don't know what happened.....I do know my body was exhausted from the Milk of Mag...literally on the toliet every few minutes for HOURS yesterday...and since I've already shared TMI.....PERIOD FROM HELL.

They are going to repeat the test tomorrow. I hope it goes well. Tonight I felt ok enough to get a shower and go for a short walk down the hall and back. I'm ready to go home and passing this test will get me out of here.

So sorry to hear you are back in the hospital and feeling crappy! I hope by the time you read this you are home with your family.

I hate that swallow test so much...bad enough you have to drink that awful stuff BUT HAVING TO STAND ON THAT LITTLE PLATFORM IS JUST ADDING INSULT TO INJURY....

Are they sure you don't have a stricture? When I was having problems moving to soft foods and described feeling anything I "ate" just sat either at the bottom of my throat or the top of my esophagus -- the doctor wanted to make sure I didn't have a stricture. I didn't have a stricture -- but I'm still swollen

and inflamed. broth and ice pops are my mainstays. Sometimes it is easier for me to have a popsicle than evening trying to drink Water.

I worry I'm not getting in many calories. How can I lose weight when I barely eat anything? When I do eat --- it is Protein, Protein, protein. But I don't think I've broke 300 calories if even that. I am so "afraid" of feeling sick from eating -- that I rather keep my stomach empty. Since I never 'feel" hungry so that isn't an issue.

I never thought eating/stomach aches/chemistry/etc would be my issue. I used to have the stomach of a goat -- I could eat metal! Now a half cup of wonton Soup (sans wontons) and I'm in the toilet all night feeling my life pass before my esophagus.

I hope you are feeling better and home. My advice is to keep an eating journal -- so you can remember

what you ate and how it made you feel. Otherwise you just forget! My other piece of advice is to EAT very

slowly. Even if that first taste is AMAZING...slow down because it doesn't take very long for your head to realize your full.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to cheer you up and cheer you on!

Estajo

Barium Swallow Study went well. I didn't pass out or puke! So...I'm home now..minus the PICC line and feeling pretty good after the B12 shot. I just hope and pray I can get stronger from this point and start living my life. Thanks everyone for listening and the great advice.

Hi im 2 months out and having same problem u had I've been admitted to hospital 3 times for dehydration and nausea and vommiting and its getting old! Did it ever get better for u

Wow.. so sorry you are struggling with dehydration. Makes me realize how important my fluids are. I hope that is the last hospital visit you will have and that you will feel much better soon!