Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rant - clothing size (pics)

Tummy - definitely looks flatter but has developed an ugly FUPA roll..

OMG, I'm crying here -- I had no idea what that was so I googled it. :lol: Awesome acronym.

OMG, I'm crying here -- I had no idea what that was so I googled it. :lol: Awesome acronym.

Bawhahahaa! The mental picture is just SOOO GROSS :puke: hahaah

I am like WOW can this thing go away already!! LOL

Man, can I relate to this post!! Day of surgery I weighed 294, and was a tight 24, loose 26. It was three months before I could squeeze into 22 pants, another three months before I was an 18 and a 20 depending on the brand, three more months before I was a comfortable 16 and another 3 months before I could wear a 14. So you could say that I've changed sizes roughly four times over the last year, or every 25 pounds. The pisser (excuse me) now, is that I have NO idea what my "true" size is, I'm beginning to doubt that even exists. I have a pair of trousers that I'm convinces must be factory rejects because they are Ann Taylor Loft and they are a size 10 and they fit, yet I went to Ann Taylor the other day and tried on a blouse in a 16 and it barely fit. I went to Kohl's the other day and a pair of Daisy Fuentes capris in a 16 fit perfectly, yet I have a pair of J. Crew cords in a 12petite that fit nicely. I think though that my theory of sizes shifting more quickly when they are <12 will prove correct. My theory has always been that plus sizes have 20 pounds between sizes and that "regular" sizes are ten pounds between. My further theory is that petite sizes (<6) have only 5 pounds between them - hope I get to find out!

I can relate. I was at 235 on my surgery day, wearing a size 20W jeans. Just yesterday, I thought I'd try them on since I'm down 48lbs and guess what - they're still snug in the thighs! The waist is loose but I'm not sure I can go down a size and still squeeze my fat leg in. My fingers have yet to shrink much, too. I've always had fat sausage fingers, even when I was skinny in high school, but my size 9 wedding rings are still snug. WTF?!? At least I'm down to just 2 chins so that's something, I guess...

I think you look great, btw!

Don't worry, I felt the same when I was losing. It gets to a point though when as Tiff says a few pounds really show, but thats when you are much closer to goal. You will get there marymoon. Jane x

I am all messed up size-wise too. I could probably wear a 10 or 12 in my butt and legs, but I have to get a 14 or a 16 for my belly and FUPA (HAH! I learned something new!) I'm mostly wearing Large tops, but do sometimes wear an XL if it is fitted around the belly area. I'm down to 157 and thought I'd be in smaller sizes than this. But when I think back to the fact that this time last year I was wearing 26/28 I feel better.

So I'm finally heading into a size 14 regular, down from an 18W :) That only took almost a year, but I have been keeping measurements. I measure my knees, thighs, butt, waist, bust, arm and neck. Have lost a total of 36"!!! There is 3 feet of me gone! That's 1 yard! Freakin awesome.......I need to remember that when my scale barely moves.