Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello. I am considering getting a VSG with Dr. Aceves in Mexico....am new here and have found some info on him, but nothing recent...I am trying to schedule a date around the end of July...anyone else going around that time? Have some tips/encouraging advice for me? I had the Lap-Band put in by Dr. Ortiz--was great--but the band slipped, so now I have wasted about $8,000, (because-of course-I gained all the weight back plus some!) so I am leery about this procedure. I think it is better because of no chance of slippage, but if anyone is willing, who has gone to Dr. Aceves, to give me a little "push" I would appreciate it!!!

I have not gone to Aceves but I can tell you he has EXCELLENT reviews!!!! He is one of the best over there. My friend is going to him on July 29th. PM me and I will give you some details.

I was not a revision but I can say that my recovery was uneventful and I am really pleased with my weight loss. They really know their stuff there and the hospital was nice.

I was not a revision but I can say that my recovery was uneventful and I am really pleased with my weight loss. They really know their stuff there and the hospital was nice.

Thank you! Like I said--I went to Dr. Ortiz for the band and didn't have as many concerns as I am having now...I think it may just be the fact that they actually CUT my stomach off--which, yes, is a good thing---but is really scary too! sad.gif

I have not gone to Aceves but I can tell you he has EXCELLENT reviews!!!! He is one of the best over there. My friend is going to him on July 29th. PM me and I will give you some details.

Thanks--and I did! rolleyes.gif

I just had my surgery with him june 11 and him and his staff are great. very nice hospital, very modern. They are not too big on pain medications which was not a problem for me (i had gas pain and time is the answer for that). I don't regret my decision. I highly recommend him.

I also had my band with Dr Ortiz in 2007. I went to Dr Aceves in March for my revision and I couldn't be happier. His facility is a hospital, not just a clinic like Dr Ortiz. Don't get me wrong, I was happy with my experience with Dr Ortiz, but Dr Aceves is THE MAN. Especially when it comes to a revision.

I trusted him, and I would go back and do it again in a hearbeat. Mexicali is also a lot more low key than TJ. You'll be very happy with that choice.

Good luck!

HI,

Add me to his list of happy sleevers. He did my revision about 4.5 months ago. I understand it is different for everyone but this was easier on me than my band surgery. Self paid in Florida for my band and self paid for the revision with Dr Aceves. Was very tired of puking with the band and all the side problems I had with my band. We do have insurance just doesn't cover WLS.

Decided to email Dr Aceves and within 10 days had surgery. Flew out from Florida and back within the 4 days with NO problems. My husband did go with me. Currently living in Maui and have lost about 60% to my goal.

IMHO, he is the best revision surgeon for me. I also love Dr Campos who works with him.

Good Luck on whatever you decide.

I've had some people inquire about surgery in Mexico and wasn't sure what to tell them. How much does Dr. Aceves charge for a sleeve? As in your total out-of-pocket expense not including air fare. How long are you down there for? And what is the minimum BMI that he will take for a patient. Thanks for any help.

hi i'm goiong to Aceves on july 29th and right now the price is 8750 max Out of pocket.. that includes everything... you stay 3 night in the hospital that has an ICU (this was a biggie for me... he has a very low complication rate but should something happen , you're not transported anywhere) ... Dr. aceves called me and answered all my questions over the phone. i feel confident going with him. the hospitals website is Almater Hospital in Mexicali, MX ...hope this helps ...

if

I've had some people inquire about surgery in Mexico and wasn't sure what to tell them. How much does Dr. Aceves charge for a sleeve? As in your total out-of-pocket expense not including air fare. How long are you down there for? And what is the minimum BMI that he will take for a patient. Thanks for any help.

Yes, thank you.

hi i'm goiong to Aceves on july 29th and right now the price is 8750 max Out of pocket.. that includes everything... you stay 3 night in the hospital that has an ICU (this was a biggie for me... he has a very low complication rate but should something happen , you're not transported anywhere) ... Dr. aceves called me and answered all my questions over the phone. i feel confident going with him. the hospitals website is Almater Hospital in Mexicali, MX ...hope this helps ...

if

It costs more for a revision, though. Call his office to see if there is a special price.

Dr. Aceves told me the lowest BMI they will consider for surgery is 30...of course they may make exceptions if someone is on the edge of a 30 BMI....smile.gif

Another happy Aceves patient here! I had such a great experience and fabulous results my husband is considering VSG in Mexicali, too. Feel free to PM me as well if you need more info.

I am here in Mexicali right this very minute. I will update you tomorrow on how Dr. Aceves is, So far everything has been great and exactly like people have described on these boards. Cathi