Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had a revision on 06/23/11 and my cost for the band to sleeve revision was $11,200 and worth every penny. I paid $17,000 for the Lap Band 5 years ago so this was actually cheaper for me than the band was. Dr. Aceves, Staff, & Hospital were awesome. I would do it all over again. I was back to work in 6 days and I am losing weight and feel fantastic. Good luck to you!

Hi,

I will give you a big shove. I HIGHLY recommend him. I wrote this a little while ago, but I am sending it to you. If you want more infomation please feel free to contact me any time via E-mail or on this board. He HONESTLY IS THE VERY BEST YOU COULD EVER HAVE DO YOUR SURGERY. You are in the best hands there is and it truly is a highly skilled suregon along with his entire staff.

Below is a posting that I posted before. Find some of my posts and read them, but this one should help you a lot.

Are you lurking out there reading all these posting by everyone trying to absorb as much information as you can about weight loss surgery. I used to be one of you too. I knew I need and wanted to do something about being fat. I had struggled for 25 or more years trying all the kinds of diets there were—yep you too—I knew it. I had my greatest success with Weight Watchers, and to this day I feel for so many people it is the healthiest way to lose weight. I saw over the year too many people including some of the Weight Watchers group leaders gain the weight back—and me too.

I became interested more and more in Weight Loss Surgery the more I lurked around on these boards seeing what people had said. I even thought to myself are these people really real or is someone paying them to write all these stories about their success. I really was fortunate enough to have a very close friends who went to Mexicali, Mexico and had Dr. Aceves do her weight loss surgery. She was an RN and I worked with her, so I knew what integrity she had as a nurse and trusted her judgment.

I wasn’t sure this was what I wanted to do yet. So after watching her drop the pounds and become more healthy each day, I started asking her a million different questions. She was great and pointed me in the right direction of making me do some research and see what I came up with and what kind of Weight Loss Surgery did I want for myself? I must have spent 6 months reading everything I could find about weight loss surgery. I knew that I wanted to have the sleeve surgery and I knew without a doubt that Dr. Aceves in Mexicali was the ONLY doctor that I was willing to put my trust in. I also called and talked to the people who worked for him and asked them all kinds of questions. I bet they started referring to me as the “Queen of Questions.” Not really they really are happy to answer all your questions this is a life changing event that you are about to do.

I talked with my husband about doing this and he was so very supportive. He answer to me was “I know you well enough to know that you have done all kinds of reading and research.” He said if this is want you want go for it.

Not everyone was supportive of this and I know it was because they really had NO idea of what kind of surgery I wanted to have. I was also 63 when I made this choice.

What I want to say for you “newbies, or those lurking out there with just the thought of having weight loss surgery.” It is OK to do just want you are doing. But, don’t wait forever to do something about it. Every day that you live your life unhealthy, fat, uncomfortable in your own body, is a day that you are giving away. STOP giving any more days of your life away. It is time to take control of your life instead of food controlling you. Take back your power, be the person that I know you can become. I know that if you are a “self pay person” that is a lot of money to pay to have surgery. It will be the best money that you could ever spend. You are adding years back on your life. You will spend less on food, health care, medications and so many other things. If at 63 I could do this, I know that you can do this too and be very successful.

I am very prejudice about Dr. Aveves. He is the best there is when it comes to this kind of surgery, and don’t you want the best you can have when it comes to your health and the rest of your life? I know I sure did. I went alone, I wasn’t scared to go to Mexicali, you are picked up at the airport in San Diego and driven by a very nice man in a van along with a lot of others who are about to change their lives just like you are going to do. They take excellent care of you in hospital with everything that you would ever need.

I am here to answer any questions that you may have about having this surgery and Dr. Aceves and his team of talented staff. The care you receive it top rated and better than anything you will ever have in the US.

So don’t give away another day of your life. Do something for the first time in your life and that is put yourself first!

Hugs,

Suzanne

Hello. I am considering getting a VSG with Dr. Aceves in Mexico....am new here and have found some info on him, but nothing recent...I am trying to schedule a date around the end of July...anyone else going around that time? Have some tips/encouraging advice for me? I had the Lap-Band put in by Dr. Ortiz--was great--but the band slipped, so now I have wasted about $8,000, (because-of course-I gained all the weight back plus some!) so I am leery about this procedure. I think it is better because of no chance of slippage, but if anyone is willing, who has gone to Dr. Aceves, to give me a little "push" I would appreciate it!!!

Thank you! Like I said--I went to Dr. Ortiz for the band and didn't have as many concerns as I am having now...I think it may just be the fact that they actually CUT my stomach off--which, yes, is a good thing---but is really scary too! sad.gif

Hi, I get that you are scared about losing 85% of your stomach. But for many years people who have had stomach cancer have lost part of their stomach and survived the rest of their life with a big part of their stomach gone. All I ever got from have my entire stomach was FAT--it allowed me to overeat most of the time. I honestly do not notice anything different about me other than 105 pounds gone and it is easy to maintain. You eat healthy food just like other people eat. I never feel deprived and I know for a fact that I will always be able to maintain this weight loss.

This is your tool to allow you to become healthy and never have to deal with any more surgeries. I love having a sleeve and I only wished I would have done this years ago. I am so HAPPY that I didn't do the lapband and be where you are right now. Honestly you will NEVER have any regrets about doing this once you have done it. GO FOR IT, and for the first time in a long time never look back. You life is going to become so much simpler.

Hugs,

Suzanne

I am here in Mexicali right this very minute. I will update you tomorrow on how Dr. Aceves is, So far everything has been great and exactly like people have described on these boards. Cathi

Hello.. I am wanting to book VSG with Dr. Aceves as well. Please let me know what the cost was for the procedure package and how your experience was. I am really glad to have found someone who is having it done so soon! :o) Let me know all you can... I appreciate you!

Julia

Hello.. I am wanting to book VSG with Dr. Aceves as well. Please let me know what the cost was for the procedure package and how your experience was. I am really glad to have found someone who is having it done so soon! :o) Let me know all you can... I appreciate you!

Julia

Hi, I just got back home last night. Stayed an extra few days in California to visit my family. Didn't have internet service. Six weeks ago I was terrified of the thoughts of going to Mexico, and thought sure all these positive reviews were paid employees LOL well I have been there and done it. Everyone was completely honest and I felt like I knew Dr. Aceves team when I met them. He is very professional and very caring. I can't remember which anethesiologist I met ( he said he was the old one, not the cute one) but he did such an excellant job explaining his role and how he does it, that I was totally at ease. Dr. Campos another doc on his team and Sergio aka Deigo were wonderful too. Sergio took me back to surgery and asked me how much Spanish I knew and I replied only what I've learned from Dora and Diego so he said well I am Diego and this is Dora another nurse in the OR, next thing I knew I was in recovery. The cost was 8750.00. So far I have done great. Over did it a little on Saturday walking on the beach and have had trouble with nausea, but other then that I am great. You can call me if you like (502) 802-5992, you will hear my grandbaby crying in the background and my 8 and 9 year old fighting probably. But I am real LOL. He is wonderful. He promised me e'd take good care of me and he did! Cathi

Hi, I get that you are scared about losing 85% of your stomach. But for many years people who have had stomach cancer have lost part of their stomach and survived the rest of their life with a big part of their stomach gone. All I ever got from have my entire stomach was FAT--it allowed me to overeat most of the time. I honestly do not notice anything different about me other than 105 pounds gone and it is easy to maintain. You eat healthy food just like other people eat. I never feel deprived and I know for a fact that I will always be able to maintain this weight loss.

This is your tool to allow you to become healthy and never have to deal with any more surgeries. I love having a sleeve and I only wished I would have done this years ago. I am so HAPPY that I didn't do the lapband and be where you are right now. Honestly you will NEVER have any regrets about doing this once you have done it. GO FOR IT, and for the first time in a long time never look back. You life is going to become so much simpler.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Suzanne--thanks so much for your "push"! I am still waiting for approval for loan--then I am outta here! I noticed you were a fellow Oregonian--don't see much of us on here--must be because we are supposed to be one of the "healthiest" states...ugh...not for me! But maybe soon--looking to have surgery first week of August--need to get it done before school starts! Thanks again for your encouraging words!!!

Suzanne--thanks so much for your "push"! I am still waiting for approval for loan--then I am outta here! I noticed you were a fellow Oregonian--don't see much of us on here--must be because we are supposed to be one of the "healthiest" states...ugh...not for me! But maybe soon--looking to have surgery first week of August--need to get it done before school starts! Thanks again for your encouraging words!!!

Hi, well I will be watching for you to post the surgery date. I am here to support you 100% of the way. You are going to do great. Yes, I live in Eugene--how about you were do you live? You will love Dr. Aceves. He is the very best there is!!

Hugs, Suzanne

Hi, well I will be watching for you to post the surgery date. I am here to support you 100% of the way. You are going to do great. Yes, I live in Eugene--how about you were do you live? You will love Dr. Aceves. He is the very best there is!!

Hugs, Suzanne

I live in the Portland area.... I am hoping to hear from loan office soon!!!

Another satisfied Aceves patient right here :D . My sleeve was $8750 USD and it was worth every penny I spent. I am 5 months post op and living life like I should be by eating healthy and going to start exercising. I am excited to keep on reaching all of my mini goals and finally my end goal. I know I will make it.

Another satisfied Aceves patient right here :D . My sleeve was $8750 USD and it was worth every penny I spent. I am 5 months post op and living life like I should be by eating healthy and going to start exercising. I am excited to keep on reaching all of my mini goals and finally my end goal. I know I will make it.

Hi Lily,

Congratulations on your success so far. He is an amazing Doctor. Looks like you are doing a great job. I loves seeing reports like this.

Hugs,

Suzanne