Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you ready July 11th-15th Sleevers??

Well today is the last day of my old life. Although I'm allowed a meal today (lunch only), I'm doing liquids all day long. My husband and son are going to do Protein shakes with me today. They are so sweet. :)

I go in at 9:30 tomorrow morning. So in a little more than 24 hrs, I'll be on the other side.

I don't even have my bag packed yet....LOL I figure that will give me something to do today to focus on. Also going to get my fridge organized and all my stuff in one area, so it's easier for my hubby to find for me if needed. I have all my other things in one area on the counter.

I ordered my chewable Vitamins, Calcium and B-12 last night, so it should be here by Wednesday.

Doing the last bit of laundry today, clean sheets on the bed and spending time with my son. Will make phone calls to my parents, my daughter and older son as well. (I have 3 kids, son 26, daughter 25,and son 7).

My husband has his list of people to call for me after surgery.....so I think I'm about ready.

How about you?

My surgery is Wednesday and I am still not ready. Today is the last day I can have a meal so my family and I are all going out to eat one last time. After that it is shakes for 2 days. I have to ask what have you done food wise to help your family after surgery? I have some Protein shakes but I figured that would be all they would need. I have made sure there is plenty of frozen dinners for them but I dont know what else to do to help them help me. Any suggestions?

I don't have to worry to much about meals for my family. My hubby will go back to work on Wednesday, so just dinner is all he will have here at home. He can take care of himself pretty good...LOL I told him he can stop and get something on the way home. But knowing him he will not do that much. We have Soups and sandwich stuff and he loves making Breakfast for dinner. My son will be with family the first week or so.

In fact I would not be surprised if hubby didn't do the Protein shakes with me in the evening a few times. He needs to lose a little bit of weight, so he keeps telling people this is going to be good for him too. LOL

Hopefully more people can give you some ideas. Good luck on Wednesday.

I'm as ready as I'll ever be, I guess. Surgery's on Tuesday. Thinking about what to pack and considering going to the bookstore to get something to read.

Good luck to all of us!

My kids had frozen meals for about a week. I prepared them before hand by telling them that I would need extra help around the house, that they need to be extra dilligent about their regular chores and especially picking their things up off the floor. Bending over was out of the question for about a week. My husband doesn't live with us so I told them they really will need to step it up and do what I ask and they would be rewarded. I also had some plans for them, going to the public pool, play dates etc... the time has gone by pretty fast, I have started to cook for them again and sit with them while they eat, sometimes joining in for a bite or two. I still ask for extra help sometimes, just because the lack of energy from calories.

They were pretty helpful, though my hardwood floors have seen better days. It's been hard to stand back and watch them do things differently than I would... when my son mows the lawn it's in some random pattern that is driving me batty :lol:

If you are like me then a book isnt a good idea! I would be changing channels on tv and fall asleep. I would pick up my little cup to take a drink and fall asleep with it in my hand! I slept alot, drink alittle but that takes a long time and walked! Thats pretty much all i wanted to do! I took 2 outfits 2 the hospital and was so glad i did. I started out wearing pants and tshirt and about 5 am I got so cold i put on a little jumper suit with a light jacket!

I'm as ready as I'll ever be, I guess. Surgery's on Tuesday. Thinking about what to pack and considering going to the bookstore to get something to read.

Good luck to all of us!

My surgery is Thursday! I'm excited and nervous! I already got my Vitamins, and stocked up on shakes. I too, cleared a place in the fridge so that all my stuff was handy! I'm going to get baby foods and "mushies" for when I get home, tomorrow or the next day, since that is the diet I will be on. Only my two younger kids will be here, son 15, daughter 10, and they are always really good at doing what I ask of them. Packing my bag?? Well, I'm taking a small bag of chapstick, gas strips, and one change of clothes. I'm only going to be in one night... so I figure I won't need much. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow as you go through yours!! I'm certain that all will go well and you will be up and out of there in NO TIME! Good luck!!

My is on Wednesday and I am so not ready, I thought I was till a woke up today and noticed my hampers (2) were full, and I didn't go shopping yet. Well I did but the kids ate all the Jello I bought and my ice pops ( my dr only requires 2 day pre diet ) so I just got back from the store cause I have to start my diet tomorrow. Well good luck to everyone and i'll see you on the other side.

I am not completely ready. I have bought some more liquids (mushroom broth, beef broth, Protein shakes.. etc.) My surgery is Wednesday and I can't wait till it's done and over with because I am hoping that I won't have these hunger pangs. I have been on liquid diet 3 days as of today and it's a little better but I'm hungry and then again I'm not so hungry, my stomach says I'm hungry lol...and I dream of food hahahaha. The liquid diet alone had me thinking I am not going to make it till Wed. but today it's a bit better so I have hope that I will make it... one more hard hurdle on Tuesday midnight I am aloud no food or liquid and surgery is at 12:30pm on Wed. oh well just can't wait hoping everything changes after surgery (with tummy hunger feelings).

I am not completely ready. I have bought some more liquids (mushroom broth, beef broth, Protein shakes.. etc.) My surgery is Wednesday and I can't wait till it's done and over with because I am hoping that I won't have these hunger pangs. I have been on liquid diet 3 days as of today and it's a little better but I'm hungry and then again I'm not so hungry, my stomach says I'm hungry lol...and I dream of food hahahaha. The liquid diet alone had me thinking I am not going to make it till Wed. but today it's a bit better so I have hope that I will make it... one more hard hurdle on Tuesday midnight I am aloud no food or liquid and surgery is at 12:30pm on Wed. oh well just can't wait hoping everything changes after surgery (with tummy hunger feelings).

You can do it. I've been on liquid diet since Thursday! And I can only have Clear Liquids on Wednesday before surgery, no shakes! It's work, that's for sure! I'm on day 4 of liquid, and it's a lot easier today. I think my boyfriend believes I have lost my mind because I have actual verbal arguments with my stomach...(yes, it argues back)lol. Other than that... The Soups, popsicles, shakes, and fluids are keeping me partially sane! lol. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress!!

Best of luck to all of you! I will certainly keep you all in my prayers this week!

How Exciting !! Good Luck to all of you :) I cant wait until my surgery. Im just starting the process of looking for a doctor so i still have a ways to go.

Surgery is Tuesday and I'm starting to "freak out" about it. LOL

Tomorrow all day is Clear liquids - no food. :(

I plan tomorrow to stop at the store and "stock up" on stuff for after the surgery - I only have a couple of things for it right now, so I wanted to get a couple more things.

Tuesday I have to be at the hospital at 9am and will have surgery at 10:30.

You can do it. I've been on liquid diet since Thursday! And I can only have Clear Liquids on Wednesday before surgery, no shakes! It's work, that's for sure! I'm on day 4 of liquid, and it's a lot easier today. I think my boyfriend believes I have lost my mind because I have actual verbal arguments with my stomach...(yes, it argues back)lol. Other than that... The Soups, popsicles, shakes, and fluids are keeping me partially sane! lol. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress!!

I hear ya about talking to your stomach LOL and boy does it talk back lol... the things keeping me sane are those popsicles and Jello lol not sure how I am going to make it 12 and 1/2 hrs without anything at all on Wednesday morning lol guess I will sleep late.