Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to eat at McDonald's after the sleeve....

So, yeah sometimes you will eat at McDonald's or whatever equilalent of McD's that you prefer... What to order?? OMG the choices!!! For me I have 3 standby choices...

1. 6 piece nugget meal ... with Coke Zero... i eat 3 nuggets and exactly 6 fries... the rest of the nuggets become another meal and the rest of the fries go to my neighbor's pregnant dog, cuz let's face it, reheated fries are so very nasty and not worth the calories... and the dog, well she really appreciates my dieting efforts wink.gif... And YES i drink Coke Zero.. yes it is carbonated... no I haven't died from it yet.... i sip it slowly and burp when i need to :) very easy.... oh, and if i'm feeling virtuous, i will peel my nuggets halfway...
  2. Fillet o'fish... or whatever it is called.... ask for a fork when you order (and when they look at you funny, like you are insane, just smile nicely).... pull the fish piece off of the bun, and chuck it, or if you have a pregnant dog or any malnurished creature living near your home, save it....... eat the fish with the fork... and again 6 fries...... If the sandwich comes with cheese, eat it, cuz even the processed crap has 3 grams of Protein....
  3. Snack wraps...... lovely creation... grilled chicken or beef are the best.. here we only have crispy chicken ones and beef patty ones, and they come wrapped with a slice of bacon.... i eat half of the tortilla or less, and all of the meat.... no fries with this bugger...

What do you eat out??

Hello, how many days r u post-op? Im gonna be honest I'M DEFINETLY NOT PUTTING THAT IN MY NEW BABY SLEEVE! Today was my first eating out w/family. We went to pollo loco and I had tortilla Soup. It was delicous. Course I didnt finish it leftovers for the next day : )

I'm 2 months, 3 weeks and 5 days post-op... I've been on normal foods for the past two months, but have been taking it easy with what i eat.... right now I can almost finish 1/2 cup of food.. less than 1/4 cup if it is only dense Protein...

ABOUT THIS POST: I didn't mean for it to sound like i'm eating this crap all the time... once every 2 or 3 weeks..

For example, i was visiting friends in Japan last week.. They have 2 little boys and on our way home from an overnight trip, the boys wanted McDonald's... Japan's McD's is different from Korea's so I chose the Fillet o'fish, or whatever it is called... My point is... when you are stuck with very limited food options, you have to know what you can/should eat... especially if you have kids or are around kids a lot.. biggrin.gif And of course, this is not recommended for people who've just had the surgery recently....

besides the fact that the food is frozen, it is deep fried.

you are getting more calories from the fat than the food- and at that high of heat, the nutrients you so need are ruined!

I personally pass, stay away- that stuff is addicting and I have shook that addiction,

Carry a apple sauce, a ind. cheese stick, an apple.... something... Honestly- if your stranded at McD's... there is a store near by... Grab a Yogurt....

If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got.

I take my lunch to work everyday and I eat before I leave if I am going out to do errands on weekends. That way I don't get myself in a perdicament to have to eat fast food.

I also carry nuts and beef Jerky in my purse for a snack if I should need one. I am 9 weeks out on Monday and I can not see myself eating that food for a LONG time!

Kelly :)

Haa Haa Stary,I thought I was the only one peeling my nuggets. With having 2 lil ones Mc Donalds is a must every once in awhile and when we do go to McDonalds I get the samething except for the Coke zero. I've tried soda and it just doesn't taste right to me anymore.

I am ADDICTED to the McD's sugar free, Non-Fat Iced Vanilla Latte. The medium has 50 calories, 0 fat, 5 grams of Protein, and 14 carbs. It satisfies any desire for coffee, sweets and caffeine in one relatively guilt-free package. :)

unsure.gif According to their nutrition info that order has 90 calories 22 carbs and 9grams of Protein biggrin.gif Not that I'm addicted to them or anything either. (I go for the small though otherwise I feel a bit icky after ohmy.gif)

unsure.gif According to their nutrition info that order has 90 calories 22 carbs and 9grams of Protein biggrin.gif Not that I'm addicted to them or anything either. (I go for the small though otherwise I feel a bit icky after ohmy.gif)

Nope, I got this one right. I drink them too much to not have it down. ;) Here's the link. I snipped the pertinent info and attached as a jpeg if you don't want to scroll through all of it. I think you may have seen the nonfat or sugarfree version rather than Nonfat AND Sugarfree.

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionfacts.pdf

post-8701-13813656926796_thumb.jpg

post-8701-1381365692698_thumb.jpg

I love Chick fil a but rarely eat it cuz none close by. But I had to take my daughter to an oral surgeon in a bigger town and did get some nuggets. They lasted me all day! I know they have grilled chicken sandwiches. Without the bun its 110 caloried, 21g Protein, 3g carbs. They also have grilled chicken salad. Without bread it would be a good choice.

Burger King has the chicken whoppers, without the bun it would be ok. McD's has grilled chicken sandwich or salad.

KFC has the grilled chicken.

I went to Outback for my anniversary last nite and had 2 grilled shrimp and some Alice Springs chicken which is a chicken breast with mushrooms, bacon, and monterrry jack cheese on top. It was good, filling, and satisfying.

I was a chicken lover pre-op, thankfully my sleeve still likes it too lol.

Nope, I got this one right. I drink them too much to not have it down. ;) Here's the link. I snipped the pertinent info and attached as a jpeg if you don't want to scroll through all of it. I think you may have seen the nonfat or sugarfree version rather than Nonfat AND Sugarfree.

http://nutrition.mcd...ritionfacts.pdf

post-8701-13813656926796_thumb.jpg post-8701-1381365692698_thumb.jpg

Where are you from? Because going to the link you provided showed me this

latte.jpg

I'm guessing that different product sources play into this.

Wendy's now has Half Size salads...Easier on the pocket book ($3-$4) Healthy, and tasty....and still too much food for my sleeve! laugh.gif

I love the Wendy's half size salads...I usually get the southwest and order grilled chicken instead of the chilli, super good and good size. The dressing is very low fat/calories.

Where are you from? Because going to the link you provided showed me this

latte.jpg

I'm guessing that different product sources play into this.

I'm in Texas, but we are looking different products. That is the hot latte; I drink the iced.