Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pureed/Blenderized Foods Suggestions

I'm nearly two weeks out (June 27) and will be ready to go from full liquids to blenderized/pureed food. I was just curious as to what you put in the blender? I'm a vegetarian, so it will be difficult for me. It's hard for me to imagine having to blenderize cottage cheese, but it does say to. It also allows string cheese and low-fat cheese that has been grated, so I assume I would have to blenderize that. I don't know about the Happy Cow Cheese; it's allowed, but I'm not sure how. I was thinking of just lightly blenderizing refried Beans (low-fat) and adding some finely shredded cheese. Or just blenderizing soupls like vegetarian vegetable, cream of celery or even a baked potato.

To me these foods seem so very similar to the soft stage at weeks 4 & 5. I really do not see the difference.

What I really want to do is blenderize a piece of pizza and some potato chips!!! Can you tell I'm not over the hunger part yet???

Suggestions????

I'm in the puree phase of it right now. From what I was told, if I were to have a can of bean and bacon Soup, I am to add Water to thin it out and then puree it until it is complete liquid. It has to run through a regular straw freely. I was also told to stay away from chunky meats even after they are pureed. The meats, even after pureed, are hard for the stomach to digest. I was told no cheese until week 3. I have no idea why.

As far as what I've pureed, well, most kinds of Soup, refried Beans, potatoe soup, french onion soup, lots of beans...lots of soups! I've pureed black Beans, chicken broth, a little salsa, and sour cream....oh and my husband through a raw egg in for the Protein...I couldn't even tell it was there. I'm sooooooooo sick of anything that is liquid...I'm starting to gag it down ... whatever it is. I can't wait to get something solid in my mouth.....I'm counting down to this coming Thursday. Tonight, there was not one thing I could think of that sounded good and I was almost in tears. So my husband put together a tortilla soup....yes, with tortilla chips...and pureed it. Even though it was liquid, it was still very thick. I could only eat like 2 oz. It was really good. My husband made a homemade broccoli and cheese last night...and yes, I know, I wasn't supposed to have the cheese but I needed something different....he pureed it to complete liquid and it went down fine.

It does feel good to get more than Clear Liquids but after a while it just becomes gruelsome to keep up with liquid and nothing but liquid......I will continue on and I really hope you enjoy this phase. I would love to hear others' ideas on recipes.

I'm nearly two weeks out (June 27) and will be ready to go from full liquids to blenderized/pureed food. I was just curious as to what you put in the blender? I'm a vegetarian, so it will be difficult for me. It's hard for me to imagine having to blenderize cottage cheese, but it does say to. It also allows string cheese and low-fat cheese that has been grated, so I assume I would have to blenderize that. I don't know about the Happy Cow Cheese; it's allowed, but I'm not sure how. I was thinking of just lightly blenderizing refried Beans (low-fat) and adding some finely shredded cheese. Or just blenderizing soupls like vegetarian vegetable, cream of celery or even a baked potato.

To me these foods seem so very similar to the soft stage at weeks 4 & 5. I really do not see the difference.

What I really want to do is blenderize a piece of pizza and some potato chips!!! Can you tell I'm not over the hunger part yet???

Suggestions????

Thanks so much. You've definitely given me some other ideas/options!

I have been doing lots of smoothies. I usually start with a scoop of Protein powder, and then go from there. One morning I put in a banana and some vanilla yogurt (Yoplait Lite Very Vanilla), and a little skin milk, and a dash of vanilla. Another morning, I used orange yougurt (again, I use Yoplait Lite Orange), and a scoop of unflavored Protein Powder and a scoop of Orange Sherbert and a little milk. Also have tried some chocolate Protein Powder with chocolate yogurt and milk. The possibilities are endless. I have trouble getting enough Protein into my diet, so I am always looking for something to mix with the protein powder.< /span>

There is a Huge list of Protein Drink recipes somewhere on this site that Tiffykins posted in May of 2010. The web address is:

www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/5906-a-huge-list-of-protein-drink-recipes/

try looking through the recipes and see if some of them don't appeal to you. I found lots of ideas from her list for things that I could shove in the blender and mix up.

My doc had me on Clear Liquids for two weeks (surgery was June 27) so now technically Im just going into full liquids and I'm really irritated! I've started on some pureed Soups. I put them in the blender (bean and bacon is my favorite) then cook them and sprinkle a little low fat cheddar. I can only eat about 2 ounces but it's heavenly. I can't wait until I can eat a scrambled egg!! Seems like so many of you get to eat pureed foods sooner than me. I can't wait to crunch something...anything!

What's a Ricotta Bake? What's the recipe? Sounds good.

Chili from Wendy's is really good in the blender. Tastes the same as it does normally, and it is fast and easy great once you go back to work!