Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alright as most know my crazy surgery is on July 11th this Monday!!!!! Can't sleep because of it haha I feel like a kid again. Just waiting for Santa on Christmas eve... You know what I am talking about. :) anywho I was reading over my paperwork and it said to bring a robe and PJs. What kind of PJs????? Do I bring pants or gown or what? Yeah kinda confused so what did you guys wear for day two after surgery?

I took a knee length gown and used it the 2nd and 3rd night...I'm excited for you :) congrats!

I wore a pair of loose shorts (like the athletic kind, no jeans! lol) and a baggy T-shirt. I felt better in my clothes than I would jammies. If you do get pj's, they told us to bring the top and bottoms kind so they don't have to lift up your whole gown to see the incisions and drain.

Renee`

You could wear something like those men's boxer pants (lounge pants) and a t-shirt. But make sure they are loose.

I just plan on using the hospital gowns while I'm there. But wearing a sun dress there and will put it back on to leave for home. I don't want anything on my tummy.

Good luck sweetie.

I'll just throw my 2 cents in, when I was in the hospital I was so well drugged up most of the time that I didn't care what I had on. I wore my hospital gown and there were times that I didn't care if all was covered. I wasn't even thinking about it. It freaks me out now to think that I may have flashed someone or a few but unless someone tells me that's what happened, I'm not going to worry about it. I wouldn't spend any extra money on new PJ's. I'd either pick something you already have that is comfortable or just wear the hospital gown. :blink:

I just used the hospital gowns for the first couple of days, but then had stretchy lounge pants with no drawstring with a baggy button down pajama top.

My favorite article of clothing post-op is a front closure cotton sports bra, light support. For me, I really hate bebopping around the cold-ass hospital halls nipples poking through the hospital gown or shirts, and personally don't want to see other women's high beams shining through. I know others think this is so ridiculous, but keeping the girls in that front closure bra kept them up and out of the way, and made walking so much easier.

They provided no skid sock things, but I took no-slip slippers to wear as well.

I wore my loosest drawstring PJ pants and the button up PJ shirt (short sleeved) that matched. This is what I went home in. I only spent one night at the hospital. When I got home, I went to bed, and was already dressed appropriately.

Well, the first day post op I still had my IV, so I couldn't get a top on so I wore the hospital gown and some yoga pants on the bottom to keep from flashing the hospital staff during my walks!!

Good luck to youlaugh.gif

I am going to wear my over sized pj pants and some shirt lol... I just wanna be prepared. I guess I am just nervous. I feel like it's still not happening :P

Hi, I only spent one night and just took some loose men's boxer shorts so my butt won't hang out from the hospital gown.

I just used the hospital gowns for the first couple of days, but then had stretchy lounge pants with no drawstring with a baggy button down pajama top.

My favorite article of clothing post-op is a front closure cotton sports bra, light support. For me, I really hate bebopping around the cold-ass hospital halls nipples poking through the hospital gown or shirts, and personally don't want to see other women's high beams shining through. I know others think this is so ridiculous, but keeping the girls in that front closure bra kept them up and out of the way, and made walking so much easier.

They provided no skid sock things, but I took no-slip slippers to wear as well.

Tiff that is so funny! I was stuck with my high beams because the tubing from my drain was wrapped under my breast and no bra worked for me.

My surgery is the 12th ! I was told to bring as little as possible, they have gowns, and if I need 2 , to use as a housecoat they will supply it. (Beautiful , I am sure!). lol

Good luck , safe surgery and speedy recovery . God Bless

I spent 6 days in the hospital, so I took really loose men's pj bottoms from old navy and baggy t-shirts (i cant sleep in only gowns or a nightshirt, i must have bottoms on!!)... as soon as i got out of the ICU i got a nurse to help me change!! thank God for her!!! biggrin.gif

your clothing choice sounds perfect!!!

oh, and Tiffykins has it right.. if you are big chested and self-consious, take a sports bra or sleep bra (without underwire)... mine didn't close in the front, thus the need for the nurse's help... but there was no way in hell i was going to walk around the hospital without a bra on!!!

good luck!! biggrin.gif

Hi

I had my surgery on the 5th July, just gone. As soon as I was round I wanted to be in my own nightie before my mum got there to visit - (it might sound silly, but my mum is elderly and I knew she'd be upset at seeing me) I thought if I was in my own nightie and not in a hospital gown, it would help her. The nurse stayed with me, whilst I cleaned my teeth, brushed my hair and helped my husband to put my nightie on (she helped with the tubes and wires coming from me). I felt better immediately. I had to wear another nightie the next day as my wounds had wept through a little.

It's personal preference at the end of the day - but how will pyjama's effect the catheter? I was fortunate enough to have mine out a few hours after my op as it was so painful.

I think whatever you wear, the hospital staff will have seen it all before... Hope your operation is as easy as mine was. :-)

I took as little as possible. The clothes I wore to the surgery were the ones I wore home and I took my CPAP machine and my own pillow. Hospital pillows tend to be hard and flat. I just wore the hospital gowns with one worn backwards as a robe. I wore the non slip socks for the first day and then switched to me Adidas swimming flip flops the 2nd day. They were easy to get on and off. I hope your surgery goes and easy as mine with no nausea and very little pain.

Dawn