Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need new Breakfast Ideas

So I went to my 2 month follow up today and the doctor is concerned about the things I have been eating for Breakfast, he wants me to get more Protein. I did explain to him that my stomach is a bit more temperamental in the morning.

I have been eating cream of wheat or yogurt and he thinks I should be eating more Protein rich foods. Half of an english muffin with Peanut Butter on it works for my stomach well but I can't eat that every day and I doubt my doctor wants me eating half of an english muffin.

I cannot eat eggs, my stomach doesn't like them or breakfast sausage at this point. Bacon works but again I can't eat that every day.

I do not like greek yogurt or cottage cheese.

Any ideas? perhaps someone will mention something I didn't think of.

Ok..I know you don't like greek yogurt. I don't either. I actually hate it. It tastes awful...BUT....I have made something with greek yogurt that is so delicious whenever I eat it I feel like I'm eating some kind of dessert. Take a 1oz packet of plain Quaker instant oatmeal and make it. Make sure it sits in the hot Water long enough to get sort of thick, Then get the brand Fage no fat yogurt a small 6oz. container. Mix it up really well so it is really creamy consistency. Slice some bananas into the hot oatmeal and then put the greek yogurt in there. Mix it all together. It is really good. I know it sounds atrocious but really it is good. If you try it I want to know what you think!!! And if you hate it...tell me!!!!

If you really want breakfast foods, don't forget turkey bacon and sausage or meatless sausage. The turkey bacon you really could have every day. Is it eggs in general that don't work? I make the kids breakfast burritos sometimes. The egg mixture is made with chopped veggies, sausage and american cheese. It ends up very moist and would probably slide through a bit easier than just plain old rubbery eggs, especially if you added salsa.

This morning I mixed a little sf raspberry Syrup in some plain greek yogurt and used it as dip for strawberries. That was 11.5g of Protein. If I added a couple slices of turkey bacon it would have been a few more.

GL

you can do the string cheese, even on the go. I also like deli meat with cheese rolled up inside. You can even heat it in the microwave to warm it and melt the cheese. You can also spread cream cheese on it and roll it up. I don't know if you can have it, but a pickle inside the roll up is kinda tasty.

I didn't like boiled eggs before surgery but now it's one of my fav things, so I boil up a bunch and have those on hand for a quick breakfast or snack. I can then also make egg, tuna, or chicken salad and add the boiled eggs to it if I want.

I like to put frozen chicken breasts in a crockpot over night, then use different sauces, buffalo wing sauce, teriyaki, hidden valley ranch mixes in greek yogurt. The greek yogurt just takes the place of the sour cream and I can't tell a difference. It is high in Protein too. I do a lot of chicken lol. You can also mix up some chicken salad with some of it. I also really like the Sams Choice Stuffed Chicken breasts at Walmart. I have had a half of one for breakfast before. I am not always in the mood for traditional breakfast items, so I switch it up a bit.

:)