Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight will i lose (about) in 5 months?

I had asked the same question. I am not that far out from surgery. The difference is as leeblewb stated a lot of women are much younger on here. I'm 46, starting weight 233 5,1 my bmi was 43-44. I am seeing an average monthly loss of 8-10 pounds give or take. I am hoping to be at my goal before end of October or damn near close. I too do low carb. No white carbs what so ever. Exercise 3-4 times a week. Everyone is different on the loss that they experience. Adhearence and following your surgeons guidelines is key. Good Luck!!!!! Keep us updated.

Deb

Nope, just 10 days. I have not done great on my diet though. I always get in my Protein, but carbs are always too high. I am soooooo tired of limiting myself. It never worked before in the long term, and not now either. I am still losing, just slower than most everybody else.

Jasleeve,

I am just like you. I am 29 with a bmi of 55. I have put myself on the "bariatric diet" before and did great with very little hunger for the first 4 weeks (only because I tricked my body with water). Then eating the same rice and Beans didn't really stick well into week 6. I am looking forward to being sleeved and being able to stick to it.

I have concerns about loosing too fast, but hopefully my daily exercise can be resumed quickly after surgery. My biggest fear is the energy factor. I'm struggling now with low energy days and i'm only in week two of the 4 week preop diet.

Thank you to everyone on this site for keeping me informed. My own diet blog will start in two weeks with the first full liquid diet week of my preop. Thanks for being there!

i will... i pray you meet your goal. <3

I had asked the same question. I am not that far out from surgery. The difference is as leeblewb stated a lot of women are much younger on here. I'm 46, starting weight 233 5,1 my bmi was 43-44. I am seeing an average monthly loss of 8-10 pounds give or take. I am hoping to be at my goal before end of October or damn near close. I too do low carb. No white carbs what so ever. Exercise 3-4 times a week. Everyone is different on the loss that they experience. Adhearence and following your surgeons guidelines is key. Good Luck!!!!! Keep us updated.

Deb

its so nice meeting you! when will you be sleeved? did you have a 3-6month diet? im confused if im actually supposed to try & lose weight or not. my primary dr told me not to but wouldnt insurance deny me if i dont lose something in the 6 months?

Jasleeve,

I am just like you. I am 29 with a bmi of 55. I have put myself on the "bariatric diet" before and did great with very little hunger for the first 4 weeks (only because I tricked my body with water). Then eating the same rice and Beans didn't really stick well into week 6. I am looking forward to being sleeved and being able to stick to it.

I have concerns about loosing too fast, but hopefully my daily exercise can be resumed quickly after surgery. My biggest fear is the energy factor. I'm struggling now with low energy days and i'm only in week two of the 4 week preop diet.

Thank you to everyone on this site for keeping me informed. My own diet blog will start in two weeks with the first full liquid diet week of my preop. Thanks for being there!

your insurance didnt require you do a 3-6month diet? sheesh, u r lucky! im confused on whether im supposed to actually do it or not. my primary dr told me not to do it but act as if i am trying... but wouldnt my insurance deny me if i dont?

Nope, just 10 days. I have not done great on my diet though. I always get in my Protein, but carbs are always too high. I am soooooo tired of limiting myself. It never worked before in the long term, and not now either. I am still losing, just slower than most everybody else.

oooooooh ok!! thank god you dont. god bless you.

I had to self pay bc I didn't have comorbidities for more than a year...I didn't want them to get worse so I had to

Jut starting my 5th month, I was sleeved 3/01/11 I have lost 115 lbs. I followed the doctors orders exactly, and I work out like a mad man.

THATS AWESOME!!!!! congrats! wow. thats great. i know you must feel and look like a completely new person!!!

did you have to do a pre-op diet? im on a 6 month diet for my insurance but my primary dr told me not to lose weight so im confused or my insurance wont approve me. wouldnt they deny me if i dont lose weight? :(

Jut starting my 5th month, I was sleeved 3/01/11 I have lost 115 lbs. I followed the doctors orders exactly, and I work out like a mad man.

I am almost 3 months out and i have lost 46 pounds since my surgery ( i am on day 87 post-op... so that means i have lost an average of a little more than 1/2 a pound each day) .. i am 32 years old... my BMI at surgery time was 45.3 (5'8" at 298 pounds)... no pre-op diet.. just was ordered to eat high Protein for 9 days before surgery and 1200 calories... didn't lose a pound... wasn't supposed to... my current weight is 252 and my BMI is 38.3... Hope this helps... good luck!! biggrin.gif

thats GREATT! congrats!

your insurance didnt require a diet? thats the part that confuses me lol

I am almost 3 months out and i have lost 46 pounds since my surgery ( i am on day 87 post-op... so that means i have lost an average of a little more than 1/2 a pound each day) .. i am 32 years old... my BMI at surgery time was 45.3 (5'8" at 298 pounds)... no pre-op diet.. just was ordered to eat high Protein for 9 days before surgery and 1200 calories... didn't lose a pound... wasn't supposed to... my current weight is 252 and my BMI is 38.3... Hope this helps... good luck!! biggrin.gif

whoa! thats soooooo good! im so inspired. u guys r doing great. <3

10 weeks = 88 lbs for me low carbs and lots of Protein

thanks!!! ... I was self pay ... and my doctor said that since i had lost so much weight within the last year on my own (66 pounds in 11 months), that I didn't need to do a pre-op diet... but since I was mostly vegetarian, i needed to increase my Protein so that i would heal better... :)

thats GREATT! congrats!

your insurance didnt require a diet? thats the part that confuses me lol