Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone else OBSESSING over getting this sleeve done? It's all I think about!

Im obsessed 2!!!!!!!! Im also trying to figure out if scarless surgery is less painful and better.. Idont have insurance so I really gotta do my research.

I'm on this site every day and on my scale sometimes three times a day (as if the numbers are going to change in three hours). I meet with my Surgeon next Wednesday, so maybe I will be able to relax a little after that is over. Sometimes I know I am driving my hubby crazy but I can't help myself.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one obsessing. :P

Hi ShellBear! I just noticed that you are having surgery 5 days before me at Kaiser Richmond :) Mine is on the 18th with Dr. Im. How exciting!

I added you to our July Master List so that all us July people call follow up with each other and keep in contact. Good luck on Wednesday!!

Here's the link to the master list http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/20339-july-master-list/

Hi ShellBear! I just noticed that you are having surgery 5 days before me at Kaiser Richmond :) Mine is on the 18th with Dr. Im. How exciting!

I added you to our July Master List so that all us July people call follow up with each other and keep in contact. Good luck on Wednesday!!

Here's the link to the master list http://www.verticals...ly-master-list/

Oh how I wish! Wednesday is actually my first initial appointment with Dr. Fisher. I still have a few hoops to jump through (Psych, labs, etc.). I'm actually hoping for late August or early September. Sorry for the confusion, I am excited to meet with Dr. Fisher though. I'm hoping we can jump start this process and get it moving quickly.

Hugs

:)

Oh how I wish! Wednesday is actually my first initial appointment with Dr. Fisher. I still have a few hoops to jump through (Psych, labs, etc.). I'm actually hoping for late August or early September. Sorry for the confusion, I am excited to meet with Dr. Fisher though. I'm hoping we can jump start this process and get it moving quickly.

Hugs

:)

Oh poo, I read it wrong. lol! Well good luck with your consult! I've heard great things about Dr. Fisher.

Oh poo, I read it wrong. lol! Well good luck with your consult! I've heard great things about Dr. Fisher.

Thanks!

<3

Me! :-) Before my EGD, I so wanted to have surgery on July 19. But since then, I have to wait to take another the first week of August and then wait for approval. So, NO, you are not alone.

I've been obsessing for the last month. I have half my pre-work done already (pysch-eval, pcp letter, paper work), I have an appointment with the surgeon today and then my case will be sent to the insurance. I still have to see the cardiologist and pulmonologist and get all my blood work done. I'm nervous about the insurance, and I am anxious about everything else. I've been looking in the mirror and just fantasizing about what I would look like 3 months after my surgey. SO NO YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Yes! It's like I finally found my home with this board. So many people are just like me... Dieted... Researched.. .Went BACK AND FORTH a billion times. "Oh, maybe I should just diet" to "Nope, I'm hellbent on getting surgery".

My life seems like it's been on hold for the past 3 years. I barely shop, barely go to the mall, buy minimal clothing. So, yeah, it's time. I gotta say though, the deaths terrify me. I know they happen everywhere (not just Mexico-- it's just the recourse here vs Mexico is different)-- but is SCARY. Not gonna sugarcoat it. :)

OMG, I am so with you on this one! I am pretty sure the Nurse Practitioner in my surgeon's office will report me to the FBI soon for stalking her. Trying to make sure I qualify and get approved for this surgery has been all i can think about. I can probably recite my insurance company's WLS surgery policy by heart because I've read it so many times. I'm on VST constantly, always intrigued by the new posts that come up.

Ughhh, I have been on this board for a couple of years, lurking around, wanting the surgery. I finally have the cash, and I just want my passport card to get here already! It's all I can think about. I feel like my life is on hold and I just want it over and donewith. Plus, I eay wayyyyy too much, knowning that surgery is now tangible. Anyone else?

My life seems like it's been on hold for the past 3 years. I barely shop, barely go to the mall, buy minimal clothing. So, yeah, it's time.

This is me too. I am always wishing I could work from home. I don't EVER buy clothes and have become a total recluse outside of the necessity of going to work. My hubby now does all our grocery shopping, etc.

I have been obsessed since I finally made the decision and set the date. I joined here in April, but am being sleeved in September because we need time to get funds together. I hope I am not obsessed with this for the rest of my life. LOL. I have a countdown going on my work calendar (they think it's for vacation), my phone homescreen, my work Outlook, my home iMac, and I keep track on here in status. I am ready for 51 days from now and posting from the flip side. I think obsession may be an understatement.

Half the sentences that I exchange with my husband start with the preamble "when I'm skinny...." :)

This is me too. I am always wishing I could work from home. I don't EVER buy clothes and have become a total recluse outside of the necessity of going to work. My hubby now does all our grocery shopping, etc.

I have been obsessed since I finally made the decision and set the date. I joined here in April, but am being sleeved in September because we need time to get funds together. I hope I am not obsessed with this for the rest of my life. LOL. I have a countdown going on my work calendar (they think it's for vacation), my phone homescreen, my work Outlook, my home iMac, and I keep track on here in status. I am ready for 51 days from now and posting from the flip side. I think obsession may be an understatement.

Half the sentences that I exchange with my husband start with the preamble "when I'm skinny...." :)

YES! I tell everyone, "When I'm hot, I'll apply for that job". "When I'm hot, I'll go on vacation." I so feel you!

Yes! I obsess about this all the time. I actually stay home more often now then ever before because I can't wait for people to see the NEW me. Not the same old fat ass me. Isn't that stupid? Surgery still 3 weeks away.

I feel the same way, I back out of things all the time because I am so unhappy with myself. I am constantly saying to my husband "after my surgery I will..." I just can't wait for it to get here. I am (hopefully) looking at the 2nd week of September. I kindof wish we could get pre-authorized for the surgery. I am kind of worried I will be denied even though I have done everything they have asked me. I think it should be more like they look at our history and then tell us if you do this (all the pre-op stuff and supervised diet) then we will pay for it. Not do everything they ask then say well we decided you don't really need it. I will be devestated if I get denied as I don't have the funds for self pay. I wonder how much you can get for selling a kidney nowadays? Lol, just kidding on the kidney part.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one becoming more introverted pre-surgery. It's partly due to being my highest weight outside of pregnancy (but only 10 lbs away from even that now) and partly due to wanting everyone to only see the new me... maybe the more time I put in between them seeing me at 300-ish and seeing me 4 months from now 40-70 lbs down, the less likely they'll remember where I was.