Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well my friends, it wasn't/ isn't as easy as I thought it would be! Before surgery as I was on the gurney waiting to be wheeled into surgery I had a major anxiety attack.. sweating, I got clausterphobic an HAD to go to the bathroom soooooo bad! I was one hot mess I tell you! Anyway, I did make it to the O.R. and got all prepped on the table, According to the surgeon, the operation was a complete sucess and was pretty much textbook....

But then the real "FUN" started.. I woke up sooooooo sick to my stomach and in sooooo much pain! I ended up dry heaving for a few minutes and they administered every type of ani-nausea meds they had available.. It took a while for them to get thins under control, but when they did I had a pretty peaceful night (as peaceful as it can be in the hospital).. I woke up the day after feeling GREAT, but then around 12pm I started getting major nausea again so I got some more meds and took a nap. Woke up and started trying to drink again & got sick AGAIN! Finally they decided to stop the narcotic pain relievers and that helped a ton, but then I only got toradol and could only have it 6-8 hours apart!

Anyway, then I couldn't sleep that night to save my life so I was up at 3am, sipping every 15 , walking, and doing whatever I could so that I could go home that night. Well, the doctor wasn't sure if he was going to discharge me or make me wait one more day so I wouldn't get nauseous and dehydrated again. But I talked him into letting me go (Finally @5:00!!!) So I half slept sitting up on the couch and half laying on the couch... I'm soooo tiered and my kids are driving me crazy! REALLY crazy!!:D

Well, I hope the rest of our Firecrackers have better experiences than I did.

Big hugs, hon! That sounds ROUGH! I'm glad you're home and really hope the rest of your recovery is smooth sailing :)

Hey Wendy

Glad to hear you're at home!!!! I can relate to the nausea afterwards - wow that sucked so bad. Today was much easier and the pain and nausea still come and go but are smaller and easier to fight through. It's really nice to be home and to be on the "other side" as so many of you have said.

I've often wondered what this day would feel like and now I can tell you it's very exciting. Hang in their Wendy, time marches on and you'll be a week out before you know it. That's what I keep telling mysef.

So sorry you're having a rough time. Hope that you can get some assistance with those younguns so you can HEAL. It'll get better every day.

Wendy, so sorry to hear you went through such a rough patch with the nausea. I am glad to hear you are home and it sounds like your kids are making you get back to normal pretty quick. Wish we could harness all that energy they have. Get as much rest as you can and I look forward to following your progress as the pounds starting coming off.

Dawn

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches