Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone in Frederick County, MD? I'm looking for someone to work out/walk with (other than the hubby)...any support groups?

My surgery is being done by Dr Nain' date=' bluepoint surgical group in Woodbridge, VA. They have a great support group meets 1st Thursday of the month.[/quote']

Sandy I went last month!! I sat in the back next to Stephania, we came in a couple mins late! Were you there? I'll be there for the Nov meeting too! I'm heading into my EGD shortly with Dr. Nain! My surgery date is Nov 20 :) hope to connect with you soon!

If you'd like to join our monthly meetup support group, the next one is SUNDAY in Germantown, MD. Email me at joiajones@gmail.com for info!

I live in Arlington & go to Xsport in Alexandria . Not too far from there.

Any idea about the ages for childcare there? The website doesn't go into detail. I don't currently work out - I'm three years out and had a baby in March so I'm trying to lose those last ten pounds and really need to try and build some muscle, too. Plus, you know, stop being a lazy slug! If you're still looking for a workout buddy, I might be able to do that if the childcare makes a membership worthwhile. I'm terrible about getting to the gym or working out if it's just me, but if I have friendly competition and have another person or a group for motivation I do really well.

Oh, and I highly recommend anyone interested in local support join the FB page (it's several posts back) and come out to the meeting at Joia's on Sunday! If I do say so myself, we're a great group. :)

~Cheri

Any idea about the ages for childcare there? The website doesn't go into detail. I don't currently work out - I'm three years out and had a baby in March so I'm trying to lose those last ten pounds and really need to try and build some muscle' date=' too. Plus, you know, stop being a lazy slug! If you're still looking for a workout buddy, I might be able to do that if the childcare makes a membership worthwhile. I'm terrible about getting to the gym or working out if it's just me, but if I have friendly competition and have another person or a group for motivation I do really well. Oh, and I highly recommend anyone interested in local support join the FB page (it's several posts back) and come out to the meeting at Joia's on Sunday! If I do say so myself, we're a great group. :) ~Cheri[/quote']

I am not quite sure , but I do know they have one there. I think the child has to be at least 6 months my neighbor said . I would suggest calling them . I'm up for a gym buddy still . I have been going 5 times a week but I've been traveling a lot and haven't been going that many days . I'm getting back to it

I had my sleeve aug 28th 2012 at Sinai hospital on Baltimore. Dr li did it.

I can't do Sunday this week but am in Montg Cty and would be interested in what you're doing! I'm concerned about FB because I haven't told many about the procedure (I was sleeved in March) and don't want to now

I can't do Sunday this week but am in Montg Cty and would be interested in what you're doing! I'm concerned about FB because I haven't told many about the procedure (I was sleeved in March) and don't want to now

I am in the same boat. I don't have Facebook acct . I use my husbands. I don't want people to know I had the surgery.. Because I don't want hear the negative comments..

Out next meetup will be in Germantown again on Nov. 24th. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to be included on the invite, even without Facebook. The more the merrier!

I'm new to the group and saw this thread, but it's old. Would love to know about DC area support groups. I'm in Silver Spring but getting sleeved in NoVa.

I am in Roanoke va, 61 years old and will be sleeved around nov. 2014 , I s anyone else out there in va or close to my age? I would love to correspond with you.

I am in Maryland (Pasadena/Ft. Meade)! I have had a horrible time finding any good local support groups but I am almost 8 months post and doing good with here and the FB group!!!

[see post below]

Edited by BeagleLover

I am in Maryland (Pasadena/Ft. Meade)! I have had a horrible time finding any good local support groups but I am almost 8 months post and doing good with here and the FB group!!!

There is a great bariatric support group at Medstar Montgomery in Olney, MD. The bariatric coordinator is Kenny Alexander (301) 774-8881. http://MedstarMontgomery.org/Classes. The next meeting is July 30th from 6 - 7pm. When you walk in, you need to tell them you are going to this meeting, on the 2nd floor.