Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its ashame that there are not more support grouos in this area. I ha s my surgery on 4/29. Omg it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I have already I lost 13% of my weight. Snd am do looking forward to being in the 200s for the first time in 11 yrs

So, the Inova meeting isn't working out for me but I found a few folks on Meetup that do a once monthly thing and I'm going to check that out.

If there are folks that would really like to get a group together on here, what would make you most comfortable with actually doing it? If someone hosted at their home, would you be more comfortable, or would you rather meet out at a public place? What days/times work for most folks here? Weekends? That can be hard for folks with kids.

And how far are people willing to drive? For instance, to get this started, I'm willing to host a sort of sleeve open house at my place (I'm in Alexandria, south of Old Town, not far off Rt. 1) if someone else will take over and offer to host (either at their place or in public) the next one.

Any interest in this? Either quote this in your response here on the thread or PM me and we'll work something out. I see a lot of "I'd love a support group" but not a lot of suggestions on how to get one running. I'm happy to start it out if that's what we need to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and to whoever asked about Mexico for sleeve, you can PM me if you're interested in details - I used Aceves and didn't have any issues with aftercare. All I ever needed were labs done and my PCM had no issues with that.

~Cheri

And how far are people willing to drive? For instance' date=' to get this started, I'm willing to host a sort of sleeve open house at my place (I'm in Alexandria, south of Old Town, not far off Rt. 1) if someone else will take over and offer to host (either at their place or in public) the next one.

~Cheri[/quote']

I am at Fort Hunt and Belle Haven

Sent from my iPad using VST

Virginia Hospital Center has a good support group. It meets the third Thursday of the month at 7pm. There are some regulars and then new people each time. It you are near Arlington - or driving through - I would definitely check it out.

Its ashame that there are not more support grouos in this area. I ha s my surgery on 4/29. Omg it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I have already I lost 13% of my weight. Snd am do looking forward to being in the 200s for the first time in 11 yrs

I loved your post! I feel the same way - sooooo happy I had the surgery! It just made me smile to read what you wrote! Hope all is well and you get below that 200 soon - I was so excited to finally reach that goal - and not a day goes by that I don't think about never seeing the 200's again! For the first time in years that is an actual reality!

I'm in the early stages of this, have tried everything even a weight loss plan through my docs office, but I'm ready to take the next step! I've researched and decided thisnisnthe way to go for me, now I'm looking into doctors and also trying to decide to I just go be done with this(pretty sure it's not covered by insurance) or wait to have one more baby first! I so want to have a healthy pregnancy and I was barely(failed by one point) GD with my second, slid like to go have my consult and decide which is best for baby & me. I struggle am struggling with being patient at this point I feel so ready! Anywho glad to see some local people, I live just west of Manassas. Congrats to those who have started their journey!

Sorry, typing in awkward position on iPad and did not check for corrections lol!

So, the Inova meeting isn't working out for me but I found a few folks on Meetup that do a once monthly thing and I'm going to check that out.

If there are folks that would really like to get a group together on here, what would make you most comfortable with actually doing it? If someone hosted at their home, would you be more comfortable, or would you rather meet out at a public place? What days/times work for most folks here? Weekends? That can be hard for folks with kids.

And how far are people willing to drive? For instance, to get this started, I'm willing to host a sort of sleeve open house at my place (I'm in Alexandria, south of Old Town, not far off Rt. 1) if someone else will take over and offer to host (either at their place or in public) the next one.

Any interest in this? Either quote this in your response here on the thread or PM me and we'll work something out. I see a lot of "I'd love a support group" but not a lot of suggestions on how to get one running. I'm happy to start it out if that's what we need to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and to whoever asked about Mexico for sleeve, you can PM me if you're interested in details - I used Aceves and didn't have any issues with aftercare. All I ever needed were labs done and my PCM had no issues with that.

~Cheri

I live in Germantown, MD and would be happy to host one month - perhaps we can have an initial meeting at your place, then plan from there? Given the traffic in the area, I would suggest that we do a Sunday early evening thing - i.e. 2nd Sunday of each month at whatever time works best for people!

I live in Germantown, MD and would be happy to host one month - perhaps we can have an initial meeting at your place, then plan from there? Given the traffic in the area, I would suggest that we do a Sunday early evening thing - i.e. 2nd Sunday of each month at whatever time works best for people!

JoiaRox - you're the first real response I've gotten, outside of one offline that might pan out once she's back from summer vacation. I'm happy to start small, though! Do you know anyone else in this area that would be interested? I can host something late August - I just need time for my current house guests to clear out before I tackle anything else!

~Cheri

I'd also love to host anytime :) but seems not many in my area :( I'm near Ocean City... bishopville area, so berlin, salisbury, oc, eastern shore sleevers

JoiaRox - you're the first real response I've gotten, outside of one offline that might pan out once she's back from summer vacation. I'm happy to start small, though! Do you know anyone else in this area that would be interested? I can host something late August - I just need time for my current house guests to clear out before I tackle anything else!

~Cheri

I have a fellow sleever nearby - I'm sure she'd join in, and we can co-host at my house!

My surgery is being done by Dr Nain, bluepoint surgical group in Woodbridge, VA. They have a great support group meets 1st Thursday of the month.

I have a fellow sleever nearby - I'm sure she'd join in, and we can co-host at my house!

Sounds great! I'll send you a PM and we can work out some details, and also figure out how we'd like to invite people from here. My suggestion, to keep things as private and safe as possible would be to ask for PMs from anyone interested in attending but we can talk that out and see what sounds best.

My surgery is being done by Dr Nain, bluepoint surgical group in Woodbridge, VA. They have a great support group meets 1st Thursday of the month.

Thanks for the info - it appears the support groups are for patients only, though. Do you know if they're open to people that didn't use their practice? I know you can bring guests, but I wonder if that's more so that you can bring in someone pre-op that might be interested. I can give them a ring, but you may know the answer from experience.

~Cheri

We've decided to create a "secret" Facebook group (only those in the group can see who's in the group, the posts, etc.) to help facilitate our local support group - join us if you would like to find out about these events!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/522087934530500/