Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does "full" feel like now?

I am on day 10 with my new tummy and doing great. Absolutely no nausea/vomiting and I have already lost 30 lbs. from my highest in office weigh in about a month before surgery. My question is...what does full feel like now? I do not feel anything. I do not feel hungry or full. I feel nothing. I have been able to eat about 1/4 cup of creamy Soup and also 2 tablespoons of ff/sf pudding. I am only eating now because I know I am supposed to. I am not eating because I am hungry. I did not feel full when I was done. Will I ever feel full again?

Oh yeah, you will. Maybe with mushies, but definitely with "solid" food. You'll feel EXTREMELY full, to the point that you will learn how to slightly undereat your sleeve to avoid the unpleasantness of being too full. :rolleyes: Hang in there. Restriction is coming! And you'll manage it just fine--it's all a trial and error process, and you'll learn what's right for you.

Cheers!

Meg

FULL arrives very quickly and while it used to be another helping to reach it now it takes just a few bites to get full - over full can get painful real quick and last maybe 10 minutes or more, like when you used pile on that next piece of pie at Thanksgiving. Very uncomfortable.

Ditto what Meg and Rootman said. This is my first week on soft foods. It is much different than the pureed stage. I'm having a hard time eating slow. I'm getting way too full. My tummy and esophagus ache for at least 20 minutes; but at least I haven't thrown up. I'm trying to get the discipline to change my old habit of wolfing down my food. And you can't wash your food down with a drink of Water now either! Ugh!

I can eat all the pudding and not feel full but only 3-4 bites of mashed potato or tuna salad and it sits in my throat ready to come back up....

I made a high Protein lasagna, today ( no pasta- grilled veggies) and had maybe 1.5 oz.

flavorful but didn;t make me happy...

and I seem to burp and or hickup after eating real foods...

Chef Neil mentioned the burp or hiccup. That's a warning signal. Lots of ppl who have had WLS get that. It can come in the form of a burp, hiccup, sneeze or a runny nose.

For me personally, I get a single hiccup. If I don't put down my fork right then, I pay for it. All it takes is one more bite to regret it. That extra bite either feels like it's stuck in my chest and is very uncomfortable or sometimes but not often, if I have that extra bite, it comes back up.

You have to learn to listen to your body and what's it's trying to tell you.But, to be honest, I'm glad I get that. It keeps me from overeating.

Yes, you will definitely know when you are full once you start regular food. Lots of us found out the hard way and it didn't stay downblink.gif!!

As for being hungry, I am 4 months out and still do not ever feel hungry and that is OK with me.biggrin.gif

Your stomach will figure out a way to signal your mouth to stop chewing and swallowing. From what I have read on this site, the little sleeve stomach are quite clever that way. Mine certainly has a clear "FULL" signal. When you get on food, ask yourself after you swallow each bite "am i full yet?". Pay attention to any signals that your body might be giving you. Hopefully, you will pick up on your body's signal without having to figure it out the "hard" way of either eating to discomfort or vomiting a few times before you catch on to the signal. I agree with the other posters - my comfort /full / discomfort points are close together. If I don't pay close attention while I am eating (like eating while being on the computer) I miss the signal. OUCH!

I have 2 full signals -- first one is nausea -- I learned that FAST within the first month post op -- 2 one is a hiccup. I really don't have a full feeling other than the nausea -- and the nausea comes on pretty quickly. I learned pretty fast after my surgery that if I didn't listen, I was going to vomit. So, I tend to undereat so I don't get that nausea or vomit feeling. But it's all good -- I've gotten very good and determining how much I can eat at one time. :)

My full signal is a bubble. When I went to mushies is when I first noticed it. Like a bubble starts at the bottom of my stomach and rolls up. If I eat even another bite, it doesn't stay down. I do get the hiccup too, but only after I'm done eating and am putting my plate up. It's very important to eat slowly and learn your signal. As soon as you get to a more solid texture, you'll understand! :)

At first I was sad because feeling full after being sleeved wasn't as pleasant as being full before being sleeved. I really wanted that same feeling! But now I'm used to my "new normal" and having too much fun being thin!