Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I finally got sleeved 6/28 with Dr. Cavazos in San Antonio, TX. I started my pre-op diet at 417. Prior to surgery I had to do a 10 day shake diet. I cheated a couple of days but the doctor said it still managed to do a good job shrinking my liver. 2 days prior to surgery I went on Clear Liquids. I've continued to be on liquids the past 9 days since I got out of surgery. Clear liquids being Water, broth, sf Jello and sf popsicles. I discovered the popsicles have an unfortunate 4 carbs each in them so I have been avoiding them. So in total I've not had any food in about 19 days. SO I'm hungry! I don't know about others but whatever stomach got left behind IS hungry. It's not the insane hunger that it used to be but it's definitely there. I'm going to assume that is normal. Yesterday I broke down and ate some creamed Soup even though I'm supposed to stay on clear liquids one more day but my stomach took it just fine and it was amazing! Tomorrow I go to post op and will be moved to semi solid foods. Wow I can't wait! I have so far lost 21 lbs total and I am under 400! So things are looking up:)

I am glad that you're getting along with the Sleeve fairly well. I've yet to have mine but I will be watching your posts with keen interest. I wish you continued success with all you are doing.

Congratulations!!!!!

You're doing great! Keep fighting the good fight! :D

I finally got sleeved 6/28 with Dr. Cavazos in San Antonio, TX. I started my pre-op diet at 417. Prior to surgery I had to do a 10 day shake diet. I cheated a couple of days but the doctor said it still managed to do a good job shrinking my liver. 2 days prior to surgery I went on clear liquids. I've continued to be on liquids the past 9 days since I got out of surgery. Clear liquids being Water, broth, sf Jello and sf popsicles. I discovered the popsicles have an unfortunate 4 carbs each in them so I have been avoiding them. So in total I've not had any food in about 19 days. SO I'm hungry! I don't know about others but whatever stomach got left behind IS hungry. It's not the insane hunger that it used to be but it's definitely there. I'm going to assume that is normal. Yesterday I broke down and ate some creamed Soup even though I'm supposed to stay on clear liquids one more day but my stomach took it just fine and it was amazing! Tomorrow I go to post op and will be moved to semi solid foods. Wow I can't wait! I have so far lost 21 lbs total and I am under 400! So things are looking up:)

Hi , I had dr cavazos as well. . . loved him . . reminded me of a little doogie howzer! hehehehe. . . were you at NE baptist or Foundations? You are going to love your sleeve . . . i lost fast too, 20 lbs in 2 weeks, 53 lbs in 7 weeks and 150 lbs in 1 year. . not too shabby. . . that hunger your talking about, well mine never left either. . now at 18 months out, i still have it. . . but now is the time to tame it and train your tummy right! Good luck, you're going to do fine!

I had Dr Cavazos too. Isn't he great? You're doing great! Will you come to support group next week?

I just had Dr. Cavazos due my sleeve on Wednesday at NE Baptist. I was happy with him until the day of my surgery. I did not get to see him before surgery. And afterwards, Dr. Gonzales ( his partner), I had helped with my surgery. Dr. Cavazos could not answer some personal questions after my surgery... Like if I had a hiatal hernia.... Or if I had stomach ulcers. I was a little upset about that.. I also stayed a few extra days due to some bleeding ( blood count dropped a few times). Cavazos also seemed to wait until my release day to mention Thirds spacing. And that explained why I gained 25 lbs after surgery and had some bleeding. I wish we could have been notified prior to that emotional roller coaster. I'm just scared that I may have chose the wrong doctor. My stay at the hospital was weird too. The bariatric floor was closed so I had to stay with the People who had hip replacements. Then I got moved to Oncology the next few days. My bathroom/shower was not bariatric sized and was difficult to use after surgery. I am thinking about transferring my stuff over to Dr. McDaniel from better life bariatrics in Victoria. I hope not every one had this experience... Wish mine could have been better.... PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE HAD ANY COMPLICATIONS AFTER HAVING A SURGERY FROM DR. RAMIRO SONNY CAVAZOS OR HIS PARTNER DR. GONZALES, whom I don't know his first name.

Thankyou!!

I had Dr Cavazos do my surgery when I was 62. I had no complications from surgery or during recovery. He is a well respected baratric surgeon who was highly recommended to me by another surgeon. He saw me briefly before surgery but I didn't see him again until the morning of discharge. He came by the second morning and gave instructions for me but I didn't see him. He is a very caring gentle man and excellent surgeon. I had surgery at Foundation surgical hospital. I think that is where they do the self pay surgeries. The room and care was excellent there. I do not know anything about Dr Gonzales but probably someone on this board has had surgery by him. At support group his patients appear to think highly of him.

P.S. I think they often assist each other. Doesn't mean anything negative. Dr Cavazos has done many, many vsg and other WLS surgeries as has Dr Gonzalez. Sounded like you might be wondering about that. Sorry you had a scary experience! In my experience Dr Cavazos explained everything clearly and timely, so not sure what was going on with your situation.