Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today on Facebook I received a message from a guy I have known since 7th grade and we always kept in touch. He asked what surgery I had and I told him and he went off on me saying I took the easy way out. He told me that none of my medical issues would get resolved which we all know is horsecrap. I just let him go on and on, I keep wanting to delete him.

wtf

DELETE him! Do it! He's a jerk, and probably a FAT jerk! You DON'T need a "friend" like that.

YES, it is "easier" in that it provides an (almost) foolproof way of losing weight. I suppose you should just tough it out without insulin if you're diabetic, you should just put up with chest pains and throw the nitro tablets away if you have angina. What modern medicine has to offer IS the "easy way out" when used correctly because it's far, far harder to put up with the health issues without the benefits it provides.

Rootman

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!! It is nice to have a male presceptive on these subjects and yours is so honest and open. Keep the comments coming!!! PS love your bike.

My doctor said that losing weight is not the issue...It is keeping it off. Do you see biggest loser doing reunion shows or where are they now. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So we can all lose it, but we all can't keep it off. Skinny people also have no clue what it is like to be fat. The ridicule. I mean I was the joke of my college, and I wasn't even that big. Being fat is mentally and phycially exhausting. that guy is just ignorant. My mom just saw me suffer and cry throughout most of my life and she would never say I have taken the easy way out. LOSING WEIGHT IS NOT EASY and this sleeve is not easy by any means, but when we are skinny and feeling better YOU WILL NOT CARE AT ALL ABOUT THAT GUY and then he is going to want to date you :)

I agree 100% about keeping it off! I CAN and HAVE lost LARGE amounts of weight in the past, my most being 130lbs once. BUT, I NEVER could keep it off!! Hence, my sleeve!!

I also agree with Rootman, delete that selfish ass!! You don't need negative people bringing you down!! That is EXACTLY why the only person that knows about my surgery is my husband!!! I told NOBODY for that exact reason!! People are so negative and IGNORANT that they just talk outta their ass!! It makes me so angry!!

I didn't want people bringing me down and talking me out of this. I knew what I wanted to do and I was doing it! I have totally put my diabetes and high blood pressure in remission coming off the operating table and have lost a whole lotta weight too! I look and feel better than I have in years and have less than 30 lbs till goal! :D

I really don't think this is an "EASY WAY OUT", it is probably harder than ANYTHING I have ever done in my life! Emotionally and physically. I have to work very hard for every pound that I lose. I can't just sit on the couch and eat friggen ding dong and the weight just magically fall off just becase I had my stomach removed. I eat less than 800 calories a day AND I exercise over an hour everyday! That is how it is done FOR ME! EASY, I dobut it!

I chose not to exercise yesterday because it was so damn hot here and I was really tired when I got home (anemic). I ate 746 calories for the day and this morning, I gained .4 lbs! That is what happens when I "TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT!!!" So tell your friend to go fly a kite!

Kelly

My doctor said that losing weight is not the issue...It is keeping it off. Do you see biggest loser doing reunion shows or where are they now. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So we can all lose it, but we all can't keep it off. Skinny people also have no clue what it is like to be fat. The ridicule. I mean I was the joke of my college, and I wasn't even that big. Being fat is mentally and phycially exhausting. that guy is just ignorant. My mom just saw me suffer and cry throughout most of my life and she would never say I have taken the easy way out. LOSING WEIGHT IS NOT EASY and this sleeve is not easy by any means, but when we are skinny and feeling better YOU WILL NOT CARE AT ALL ABOUT THAT GUY and then he is going to want to date you :)

I agree with the others. He is not worth your time or energy. When he gets older, and less inclined to be "mr fitness" he might put on a few pounds and we will see how condescending he is then....some people...rolleyes.gif

No, I disagree with rootman... Don't delete him! Keep posting pictures Everytime you lose weight in a nice dress. Let him suffer Everytime he looks at your profile pic. Kill him through kindness. Trust me... I was Mr. Fitness in HS and halfway through college and now I'm Mr. Chubby.lol that's right and that's because everyone does have the determination to continue going to the gym and he will lose his soon in enough. So when he starts to gain weight just ask him one question... How's the gym treating you?

Kill him through kindness!

Just tell him that Coops said 'JOG ON!'... Easy NO; successful YES! I work hard for each and every pound that I have lost.

People with that sort of attitude need to have a little look inward instead of judging other... dickhead!

Sorry to hear your Facebook "not a" friend was so rude to you. People really amaze me. If you had a boob job would he have felt the need to go off on you? I suspect not. That probably would have passed his holier than thou judgementalness (yeah made up a new word. lol).

It is so important to remember that people are shrouded in ignorance. They think that we have the surgery and the weight just falls off. No one, especially thin people, understand the hard work and effort that we put into our new tool. If anyone could walk a day in our shoes, especially the first 30 days, they would sing a different tune. While I agree that you should probably delete him, just remember that his ignorance knows no better. There will always be another like him. Just brush it off and remember how well you are doing. This is for you and your health, no one else. You deserve better then people like that. :P to him and all others like him.

thank you rootman, he is actually mr fitness, but works in a hospital as a respitory therapist. He is one of those people addicted to fitness. barf but yeah delete time.

He doesn't have to be physically fat to be a "fat" jerk! His head alone probably fills the bill for fat anyways, :lol:

I wouldn't delete for bashing the choice to have surgery, but I would've probably deleted for not respecting my intelligence enough to know that I did my homework and chose the absolute best option for myself. THAT would have annoyed the hell outta me. :)