Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months out, 113 lbs down! With Photos

Thanks for the kind words, they are truly appreciated! As far as what I eat, and what I do for work outs I posted all that further back in the thread, scroll back up a bit and you can read it there. There is nothing that I can not eat, never felt sick (with the exception of the first two days), I have been "going" regularly, and i definitely drink liquids all day. I think the single biggest thing I did or do is that I told myself I was not getting this surgery to be lazy and let the weight come off slowly, I knew from long before my surgery date that I was going to bust my ass from day one until I get down to my goal weight! I Promised myself I would not piss, moan, complain, or make excuses any more once I had the surgery. I really do work very hard at this, I had a lot of major health problems that stemmed from being obese, which all 100% gone now. Health was a big motivator, but an even bigger motivator, although I know its not supposed to be the big motivator, is I really wanted to get out and start dating again! I knew that losing the weight would make me look better, feel better, and have a ton more confidence with women than being heavy did. Follow your doctors diet to the letter until he tells you to go ahead and eat whatever you want, and even at that point make good, healthy, well thought out choices. If you feel weak about wanting a candy bar, slice of pizza, or chicken wing, weigh out the options, make a choice that you will be able to be happy with, not one you will regret. Sometimes I chose the candy bar, pizza or chicken wing, but I think it through first, sometimes for hours or days before giving in. before making that bad choice think about how long it takes to burn those calories off at the gym, what will it do to your calorie deficit? Sometimes the couple minutes of pure satisfaction we get form a tasty treat may be worth it, but most times it is not. Sorry to have rambled on and on, I tend to get very passionate about the whole weight loss, working out, and sleeve things these days.

First off I want to say CONGRATS that is just wonderful and you totally deserve to be "friggin" happy lol. I want to have a story like yours how in the world did u lose that much in 5 months????? I am 1 week post op and feel great i drink a ton of liquids all day, I have not felt sick and I go regularly not to be gross heheheh .... Is that how you felt right after ???are there any foods you cant eat???? I would like to know what your fabulous tips are so please write back when u have a chance!!! Congrats again!!!

Your welcome those words were well deserved! Thank you for all og your input and I definetly dont mind the rambling lol !!! Ill take allll the info I can get. Yea i ended up seeing the post where you listed your work out routine ,Thats just amazing I have to learn how to go to the gym, but I know I can do it! Good Luck w the dating you look great!

Thanks for the kind words, they are truly appreciated! As far as what I eat, and what I do for work outs I posted all that further back in the thread, scroll back up a bit and you can read it there. There is nothing that I can not eat, never felt sick (with the exception of the first two days), I have been "going" regularly, and i definitely drink liquids all day. I think the single biggest thing I did or do is that I told myself I was not getting this surgery to be lazy and let the weight come off slowly, I knew from long before my surgery date that I was going to bust my ass from day one until I get down to my goal weight! I Promised myself I would not piss, moan, complain, or make excuses any more once I had the surgery. Ican do it!!! and good luck with the dating you will def meet someone!! really do work very hard at this, I had a lot of major health problems that stemmed from being obese, which all 100% gone now. Health was a big motivator, but an even bigger motivator, although I know its not supposed to be the big motivator, is I really wanted to get out and start dating again! I knew that losing the weight would make me look better, feel better, and have a ton more confidence with women than being heavy did. Follow your doctors diet to the letter until he tells you to go ahead and eat whatever you want, and even at that point make good, healthy, well thought out choices. If you feel weak about wanting a candy bar, slice of pizza, or chicken wing, weigh out the options, make a choice that you will be able to be happy with, not one you will regret. Sometimes I chose the candy bar, pizza or chicken wing, but I think it through first, sometimes for hours or days before giving in. before making that bad choice think about how long it takes to burn those calories off at the gym, what will it do to your calorie deficit? Sometimes the couple minutes of pure satisfaction we get form a tasty treat may be worth it, but most times it is not. Sorry to have rambled on and on, I tend to get very passionate about the whole weight loss, working out, and sleeve things these days.

My food plan is simple, I follow the rules, Protein first, then veggies if I feel like it, Breakfast is a Protein shake 53 grams of Protein, that hold me till lunch or snack which can be just a chobani yogurt, or a cheese stick, sometimes both, for a snack I will have 5 or 6 cherries, or a small handful of almonds, dinner is chicken, fish, or beef, and I have a mint chocolate skiny cow ice cream sandwich every night.

I have made some mistakes along the way, the occasional candy bar, or slice of pizza with the guys, but for the most part I try to be very good about what I eat.

My work outs are pretty harsh, but here is a typical week for me.

Every day without fail I walk 3 to 8 miles with the dog, I do not miss a day, EVER!

Three or four days a week I do CrossFit, its insane, and it hurts, it hurts a lot!

the other three or four days I go to the gym and walk, jog, run on the tread mill. I get on the airdyne bike I do 90 second sprints on the bike followed by 60 seconds of slower rest type pedaling, I do this as long as I possibly can, I mean until it hurts. I try to row at least two if not three 500 meter runs on the rowing machine, then I attempt that damn Jacobs ladder three or four times until failure. I also do a couple nautilus circuits every week. When I have the time and weather is nice I ride my bike to the gym rather than driving to get in more exercise. Thats pretty much my evening workout, I also do some sit ups, push ups, and assisted chin ups in the mornings.

To work out like this takes a lot of time, and effort, I have cut back on my internet surfing, cancelled all my movie channels, and missed out on some social events. Its is so worth it to me, I have caught women checking me out, I have had two girls in a car at stop light chat me up, and on top of all that my health is great now, and i feel great!

Amazing!! I am so happy for you. ROFL you are intense on the exercise (poor dog...picturing my poor Jack flopping down at the mile mark and refusing to move unless carried) lol Keep it up

You are looking fantastic!!! Congrats!! I am sure you will be dating soon if you are not already!! You are an inspiration!!!! Love the pics too!! Keep us posted. :) Joan

I just started shopping in the regular sizes myself and I LOVE IT! It is still kind of weird though because when I'm in the store, I feel like other shoppers or the employees are looking at me like, "Does she think she can shop in here??" Then when I fit into the clothes, I feel the need to walk outside of the dressing room in them so as to say, "Yes, I do fit into your clothes!" to my invisible audience. LOL I can't wait for my head to catch up with my new self.

I am also looking forward to "onederland." I am about 9 lbs from being under 200 for the first time in my adult life. I am hoping I will hit this by my birthday in late August!

So exciting!

Lindsey

Amazing results!!! You look great!!! I wish I was as committed as you to the exercise! I walk sometimes, but need to be doing more. Maybe I will get my butt moving more now! And I bet you will be dating in no time. I would definately check you out if you lived near me :) :)

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicely Done.

'Nuff Said.