Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some SERIOUS help!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so I am a month away from surgery and I am never ever sick but I have had this horrible cold that has finally went away but the cough is lingering. Does anybody have any home remedies that would help get rid of this cough I have my pulmonary appt next Tuesday and I don't want anything to mess this up!!! As you all know this process is so long and hard I would be so upset if this delayed my surgery!!

Cutting out dairy does the trick for me. It vastly reduces phlegm and mucus. Follow it for a day or 2 and you should start to notice a difference.

Thank you so much!! I do eat alot of dairy never thought of that. lol!!

Consider looking into Louise Hay's Anger CD and consider doing some GRIEF work--that will take care of most of cough.

Many of us run to doctors when infact we are more than physical beings. Interestingly, your intuition is telling you what you need and your intuition begins as a whisper. When we don't listen to the whisper, then it gets a little louder. When we continue to ignore the internal nagging, that little part that needs and wants attention from you moves into your body to get your attention.

So the cough, which represents your confusion at the heart level [someone you are in relationship with or yourself] is trying to communicate with you. Here is what to do [and yes go ahead and go to the doctor]

Think about when you are ignored and how much you hate being disrespected. OK so the part of you that wants your attention has been ignored and disrespected....so you pissed it off and now it is getting your attention another way. Best things to do is to COMMUNICATE with this part. Say: I am so sorry that I have ignored you. I know how that feels and I don't like that one bit, so I am here now, I am willing to listen to you.

Now you can listen by being quiet--stop talking about this horrible cold, the cough as if it does not have a voice in your life. I know you are going in for WLS and most of us fatties had added alot of weight because we have not been in relationship with our mind/bodies--so here is your opportunity to start communicating with "that part".

You can listen by being quiet, in meditation, in prayer, through journalling, through massage,. Turn off the TV, get off the computer. and listen to what this part as to say to you. Don't judge it, just listen. IF it wont talk with you then say, I am so sorry for not listening to you in the past, that is changing right now, What will it take for you to communicate with me now. Whatever IT tells you to do, do it. I remember years ago, I did this exercise and my part wanted me to use a younger childlike voice...ok--what did I have to lose? I did what it asked and got great results.

So do your Mental-Emotional work, that is called the ME work. [Good Luck.

quote name=Kayla' timestamp='1309779594' post='173729]

Okay so I am a month away from surgery and I am never ever sick but I have had this horrible cold that has finally went away but the cough is lingering. Does anybody have any home remedies that would help get rid of this cough I have my pulmonary appt next Tuesday and I don't want anything to mess this up!!! As you all know this process is so long and hard I would be so upset if this delayed my surgery!!

Take an expectorant/cough med. Mucinex will help you get rid of the mucus if that is the problem. If it's just a dry cough, it will go away on its own soon, I hope!

I was going to say Mucinex DM too and also Neil Med Sinus Rinse. I have a chronic cough due to allergic asthma. These two things help me a lot. You will be amazed at how much the Neil Med Sinus Rinse Helps.

Whiskey, lemon and honey helps. And quite honestly, a sip of moonshine if you can get your hands on it! I'm serious! So serious!

Simple solution,

40 ml luke warm Water (hot, the better) add 1 tsp turmeric powder and a pinch of salt (upto taste) and drink.

Do not eat anything for atleast half an hour.

Consume twice a day (preferably once at bedtime)

Remember to brush your teeth (to avoid turmeric colour)

Whiskey, lemon and honey helps. And quite honestly, a sip of moonshine if you can get your hands on it! I'm serious! So serious!

Haha Thanks, I am from the south and we just happen to have everything you listed on hand...even the Moonshine =-)

Go to local urgent care and get celestone shot and antibiotic. Same thing happened to me right before surgery. Once well bleach everything and get new toothbrush. Good luck!

If you're still having problems, try to gargle warm Water and table salt. Then spit it out. Do this several times a day.Good luck!