Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone going to be in Mexico, Dr Almanza on aug 2?

Just looking to get to know some people who will be there before I go. Kind of scared really.

I am taking my friend down there on the 29th, but we will be leaving the 1st :( . I went by myself and you are right, it is scary but they will take good care of you and you will meet other people while you are there who will feel the same way you did. I am still good friends with a couple of the girls I met when I was there a year ago. If you have any questions, message me and I will be happy to answer whatever I can. You will do great!!!!

Kathy

Just got back from there yesterday ... VERY nice people. I was by myself and a little afraid. It is a little intimidating at first, but they are so very nice and it will be okay.

Prepare for changing rooms, moving around, etc. Pack light & relax. The day of the surgery and the day after will be a little rough - but walk, rest, nap, and walk some more. It will pass and you will begin to feel better.

SWEET SWEET caring people. And the facility, although small, is SPOTLESSLY clean and efficient.

Thanks Yellow rose, Good to hear positive information. My friend is having hers on the 26th and me on the 27th. We are going alone...... together. We live in different states. We are both so excited. I know at this time I am so excited I havent had time to be afraid. When reality sinks in I am sure I will be.

Just got back from there yesterday ... VERY nice people. I was by myself and a little afraid. It is a little intimidating at first, but they are so very nice and it will be okay.

Prepare for changing rooms, moving around, etc. Pack light & relax. The day of the surgery and the day after will be a little rough - but walk, rest, nap, and walk some more. It will pass and you will begin to feel better.

SWEET SWEET caring people. And the facility, although small, is SPOTLESSLY clean and efficient.

Let me also add that since everyone there is about the same "thing" you VERY QUICKLY bond with each other. We ended up exchanging email addresses. Everyone helped each other. The surgery was tough, but you get over it quickly enough. BUT the memory and the kind people will last. I wish I had done MORE for the staff and workers who patiently took care of our every need.

WARNING: The cook at the recovery house is AMAZING! She is the only one with a mean streak because she tortures you with the smell of her fabulous cooking!!!!!!! After your drain tube is out and AFTER your leak test is complete, be sure and see if she has some of her wonderful broth available. O WOW. It was so very very good!

Oh, and this is completely random, but take along a little travel clock. There wasn't a clock in the room I stayed in at the clinic and it drove me crazy during the night not to know what time it was! hahaha

You are all amazing, I feel better about it for now, I am sure I will get more anxious as time goes on but thank you guys so much <3

I had my surgery with Dr Almanza in April and was very pleased with the whole experience. The place is spotless and the staff are really great!

You will be fine, they will take care of you. I stressed out before I went and it was for no reason. Like others have said, it is small and cramped at times but you will be well cared for.

I'm scheduled for Aug. 3rd w/dr. Almanza. I guess I see u in the recovery house! :)

Awesome! See you there!

I'm just waiting on my passport cards (Im in L.A) and as SOON as it hits, I'm going to book! I'm aiming for right around that time. I told Christie as soon as humanly possible that first week of Aug! Im glad to see these posts. I start to get terrified when I read about the infection rate etc, but I just dont have the 8700 for Aceves.

awesome place....i had a sleeve done there...changed my whole life!!! and it will change yours too!!!!!!

Just looking to get to know some people who will be there before I go. Kind of scared really.

I AM HAVING MY SURGERY ON THE 2ND SO WE CAN BE SCARED TOGETHER....I AM REALLY EXCITED JUST TO GET IT OVER WITH....DO YOU HAVE A Facebook? WE CAN STAY IN CONTACT ON THERE. JUST MESSAGE ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU MY PHONE NUMBER, IF YOU HAVE A FACEBOOK ADD ME.... angel_eyed_2004@yahoo.com