Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well its done. I am doing okay except for some gas pains that is keeping me up. I was sent home with a pain pump. It is going flat so I have to take it out tomorrow. I lost 10lbs in 4 days. I started at 239 and I am 229 already. I have been walking every two hours for about 10 min. It seems Water is a little hard to digest which is strange to me. But I have been sipping warm hello all day.did not finish the glass. I am having food dreams every night. My blood sugar have been normal everyday. I am looking forward to being insulin free. I go back to work in 3 weeks. I hope everything will be great by then.

Congratulations on getting through the surgery! Sounds like you are doing well despite having some gas pains. I hope those go away quickly for you. Thank you for letting us know. I've been told it gets better each day.

Congrats! I'm one week and one day post op. It has been a tough week. One of the hardest things for me was drinking all day when I felt like I was going to explode. The gas and the bloating was worse than any of the other pains. I was using the Gas-X strips and they did nothing for me. Then yesterday, the gas, bloating, and pressure was almost nothing. That was the first day I actually felt kind of normal.

It will get better with each new day. This last week was hard and there were days I wondered why I did this to myself. But today I'm doing laundry and washing dishes. I'm getting more Water in and it seems that my tummy can hold a little more Protein. Now I'm getting excited and am very happy with my decision for this surgery. Hang in there. You will feel better real soon too.

[quote name=sungbyrd' timestamp='1309504011'

post='172287]

Well its done. I am doing okay except for some gas pains that is keeping me up. I was sent home with a pain pump. It is going flat so I have to take it out tomorrow. I lost 10lbs in 4 days. I started at 239 and I am 229 already. I have been walking every two hours for about 10 min. It seems Water is a little hard to digest which is strange to me. But I have been sipping warm hello all day.did not finish the glass. I am having food dreams every night. My blood sugar have been normal everyday. I am looking forward to being insulin free. I go back to work in 3 weeks. I hope everything will be great by then.

Yes, the gas pain and the bloating are probably the worst! and of course, not really being able to drink normally. I'm just about 4 weeks out and had those thoughts of "what the hec did I do" off on on some days in the very beginning, including the hopital. But boy, things sure turn around once the swelling goes down and the healing begins and you start to feel better and more yourself. It gets so exciting. For me around day 6ish energy started to up and my drinking became normal... I just felt better. Everyone is different, of course, and we all go through it a little differently. But each phase is a process and you sure do see postive changes day to day. In my opinion, the first few days are the most challenging, then the next week or two, then it picks up.

Hope your healing goes smoothly. Wishing you all the best and looking forward to reading about you progress!!!!!

Today I ate some fatfree yogurt made by Archers Farms from Target and it went down well . The little spoonfuls I could take.but I got full so fast. I have to learn when I am full this over fullness feeling is uncomfortable. Looking forward to just feeling better. Thanks for support. Trying to figure out how to post a pic.

I've had a few surgeries and the gas left over from the Laproscopy is always the worst thing. One time the gas got trapped in my right shoulder and that was very painful for a few days. I hope you feel better very soon. Take it slow...it sounds like you are doing a great job. Now come around and tell me the same thing after I have my surgery! You ARE doing a great job :) Hang in there!

Congrats to you and keep up the good work! Take care of yourself and I am so glad things went well!