Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Never in a million years would I of guessed that I would be so miserable. I'm 9 days post op and can only get down Water. I tried Protein Shakes and they KILL my stomach. My doctor said to not drink them again for a while. I'm so sad. I feel like I made a huge mistake. I've posted on this board several times regarding this.

Today I almost passed out. Little things like walking 15 feet from my bed to the bathroom makes me dizzy. I really think I need to go in a get fluids. I tried chicken broth today and the smell and taste made me gag. I had been able to tolerate small amounts of that until today.

RIght now, I wish I would of never done this. I'm so envious of others that are able to drink Protein shakes. My husband is being very supportive so I am thankful for that. Today is my daughter's family birthday party and I hope I can make it through that without passing out. My mother is having it at her house and my sister is going to do everything for me. I pray in a week this will be a distant memory. I'm so tired. It is so hard to get my water in because I have no energy. I just want to nap, but end up staying up late so I can get my water in. Lack of sleep isn't helping at all. Oh and I would love to take pain medicine but it also makes my stomach roll and hurt. By the end of the day my incisions are on fire and so is my back.

Please pray for me.

imawhodat,

I am so sorry you are having a bad time of it. I won't have my sleeve until the 27th of next month.

But right now as you are reading this hold out your hand and feel me holding yours as we pray...

Dear Father God, Please wrap your loving arms around this wonderful woman you have created. Give her reassurance that she has done the right thing. Help to take her pain and give her comfort that only you can give.

Help her to be strong and be with her caregivers to be there for her and to help her through this process. We know you have a great plan for her life and that you will be there everystep of the way.

Help her to feel your nearness on this new journey. Dear Father we pray for your healing and mercy. You are our Creator and promise to deliver the desires of our hearts.

We faithly and humbly pray.

Amen

I hope you get better soon. Please contact your doc and ask if he can put you in the hospital to get fluids. You will feel much better once you are hydrated. I know that is not your entire problem but I bet it is the cause of the fainting.If your surgeon doesn't help, get in touch with your primary care physician. Someone needs to get you some help.

The easiest Protein to drink for me is a clear (slightly colored) lightly fruit flavored drink called Isopure PLUS. I ordered it over the internet because I live in the middle of nowhere. An 8 oz bottle has 15 grams of Protein and no carbs. It comes in a light punch flavor and a light grape frost.

Two things you can do to relieve pain that is not pain med related 1)get a support belt for your waist. I got a large black one with velcro straps like the warehouse guys wear when they lift. I wore it 24 hours a day (except when I showered) for the first two-three weeks. The second one is a heating pad - I kept it on low and placed in where it hurt.

Sorry you are having a rough time. My thoughts are with you.

I'm sooooooo sorry to hear that you are struggling. I know it's beyond difficult to remain positive when you feel so horrible.

The fluids might help, and so could good anti-nausea meds like Zofran or Phenegran. Both of those worked really great for me.

I couldn't tolerate the Protein drinks either, and staying hydrated was difficult enough. I did break down and drink regular Gatorade and Powerade because all the sugar free stuff was repulsive and I needed the electrolytes and sugar.

Please know we're all hoping your recovery makes a 180 and you're feeling better soon.

You sound dehydrated, please go to the ER and get fluids via IV. While there if possible go ahead and see if they will do a leak test just to rule it out. It may just still be swelling, but just to be on the safe side. I am really hoping you feel much better soon!!

Have you called your surgeon? Maybe you should go into the hospital until they can get you rehydrated. I'm really thinking of you.

I am in the hospital. I was admitted this evening. Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers. I was at my wits end today. Hopefully these fluids will help me.

Good to hear from you; I was really getting concerned, I will pray again for you. Get a good nights sleep and give your cares to the Lord.

Good to hear from you!! Thanks for the update and I'm glad you went in. Hopefully this will turn it around for you and you'll feel better!! I'll be sending you healing energy!!

:)

I am so glad to hear you are in the hospital getting the proper attention you need. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Keep your head up!!!!!

(((((HUGS)))))

Deb B)

I am so glad you went to the hospital . Getting hydrated should make a huge difference.

I hope you are on the road to recovery and will soon be very happy that you had this surgery.

I'm sorry I should of updated sooner. I came home Monday night and feel sooo much better. My potassium is a little low. They tried to give me some via IV and my veins couldn't tolerate it. I'm just now able to do Protein Shakes so I'm hoping to get some potassium that way. They said I could try eating banana's but I just can't bring myself to eat it. I feel like I am so far behind everyone else at this stage. I'm 2 weeks out today.

Thanks everyone so much for your kind words and concern. It really helped knowing I had support from fellow sleevers :)

Hey, I really hope you feel better. You're still early out yet and emotions will run all over the place with this surgery i found out.

I couldn't drink the shake either with milk, that is what made me hurt so bad. Even the soy milk and lactose free milk hurt my stomach so bad. It sounds gross, but try it in Water. That was the only way i found to get it down without pain. ONce you get the protien in, you will feel so much better!!

I hope this tip worked for you, this is a journey of trial and error, there will be a lot of times you feel helpless, and a lot of times you feel great. But just keep in mind your goal of a better you :)

My well wishes are with you!!

still praying for you. try organic banana baby food. it helped me.

I'm sorry I should of updated sooner. I came home Monday night and feel sooo much better. My potassium is a little low. They tried to give me some via IV and my veins couldn't tolerate it. I'm just now able to do Protein Shakes so I'm hoping to get some potassium that way. They said I could try eating banana's but I just can't bring myself to eat it. I feel like I am so far behind everyone else at this stage. I'm 2 weeks out today.

Thanks everyone so much for your kind words and concern. It really helped knowing I had support from fellow sleevers :)