Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is everyone?

C'mon July sleevers, we need to rally some support for each other! I posted a poll for a group name but only one person replied :( Group name aside, we should be posting more in here especially since July will be here in no time! I'm starting my 2 week pre-op liquid diet on Monday. How is everyone else doing?

I voted in the poll.

I'll be starting my 2 week diet on Tuesday. Pre-op teaching is Monday and that's when I will get the diet and supplies for it (they are making me buy the supply from them instead of online). I still have to do the EGD on Friday - hopefully that goes well.

I voted in the poll.

I'll be starting my 2 week diet on Tuesday. Pre-op teaching is Monday and that's when I will get the diet and supplies for it (they are making me buy the supply from them instead of online). I still have to do the EGD on Friday - hopefully that goes well.

Hi Nancy..you know what's weird, is I kept going back to the poll and didn't see any vote results. I just realized I hadn't voted, therefore couldn't see anything..duh! Thanks for pointing out you voted. Looks like July Firecrackers has a slight lead over Red, White & Blue Crew. Anyway, I'm one day ahead of you for surgery. Glad to have a buddy along the way. Good luck with your pre-op stuff on Tues :)

I'm here! I go to my 3 hour mandatory class tomorrow for my surgeon. I have to go to the office first to get weighed. I have to loose 10 pounds before surgery or he has the right to cancel the surgery. NOT looking forward to that. I am really curious to get info. regarding the liquid diet and other prep stuff I have to do. I am feeling very excited at the idea of getting sleeved. I am excited about the long term potential. Good luck to everyone! smile.gif

Hi! I'll be going to Mexico with Dr. Kelly on July 29th. I assume that the voting is over by now, but I would have voted for the Firecrackers as well. Do we have an "official logo" or anything corny like that? I think sometimes a bit of corny can totally get you through the day!

I am here. Sorry I have not been more active. My husband and I own and run our own business, and things have been pretty hectic in the last few weeks. Hopefully that will slow down a tad and I can get on here more.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones as I do not have any preop liquid diet to go on. I have been on a preop diet since November 30, and my surgeon said I do not need to go on a liquid diet right before surgery. I will place myself on a partial liquid diet maybe 2 days or so before surgery, but that is my doing not the surgeons.

When I was told my surgery was on July 27, I thought, "Man that is so long away" but now I realize it is really only 3 1/2 weeks away now. I better get a move on and get all my supplies ready. Before you know it I will be on the operating table. As excited as I am about finally taking total control of my weight, I am just as excited to have this gallbladder removed. For the past month or more, I have been in a constant state of GB attack, some days are worse than others, but not a day goes by that I do not feel some sort of pain or gurgle from the GB.

So I am looking forward to what the future holds. My first REALLY big test of Ms. Sleevie is going to be in October when I go to the Dominican Republic. It is in celebration of my 15th wedding anniversary. Going for a week of sand, sun, and relaxation. I get almost daily emails from a website called Swimsuitsforall.com which a web store for swimsuits for every shape and size of women. And I have been SOOOOO tempted to order some right now, but I am holding off because I worry that what I order NOW will be to big in October. So, I am going to wait until the end of September to order a nice suit, with some cute coverups. Can't wait.

Well, that is it for now. Come on July Firecrackers, come and update us your preop preparations.

Sheila

I'm pretty new here... my VSG is scheduled for this Wed. the 13th. I am on day 4 of pre-op liquid diet. I was getting pretty scared there but saw my therapist today and I feel better and of course reading everyone else's stories help a ton.

I am new to this site and this surgery. I had VSG on July 7th, came home on the 9th and am a proud to be a member of the July Firecrackers! I'm not really a blogger, but having been overweight all of my life I am acknowledging that I will need as much support as possible. I am also here to answer any questions and figure between all of us we can figure out how to be losers!

Still not sure how to add the ticker and all.... : ) Good Luck to my new friends!

Melissa