Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So it has been a little over 6 weeks for us Red Velvet member's. How the heck are you all doing? I have not seen any posts from Michelle or Meggie for a while. Have you all fallen off the face of the earth??

I am doing well, I am still on modified regular foods until August. I pretty much eat anything that doesn't have skin or seeds and isn't dry. Nothing raw and no Beans or bread products.

I had my first post-op visit last Thursday and my Dr. was blown away by my progress. I have lost 70% of my excess weight. YAY ME!! Mind you 55lbs was pre-op! However, he was so happy and just kept telling me how great I looked. :D

I am having a much better time with my foods now and can pretty much tolerate anything I eat and am not having that "stuck" feeling any longer. Dr. said it was swelling and now that is gone, I am good. He wants me to not chew to liquid consistancy any longer, that way the food stays in tummy longer. So far, so good. I thought it would make me sick, but it hasn't!

I have to go in August and have my blood checked to see how everything is going, but I feel great, hit Onderland yesterday, and bought size 12 pants this past weekend. Are you kidding me??? I have not worn that size in like 10 years! :)

I hope the rest of you Red Velveter's are rockin' it too!

Hugs,

Kelly

Hey, I am here, sorry I havent been on in awhile, life just got busy - I am doing well, I went to my 2 post op Dr visit today and they were ecstatic on how well I am doing - I have lost a total of 70 pounds and quite a few inches and have gone down 4 sizes.

I have also started my own weightloss blog if you would like to come over and check it out! I have a before and after picture on there! :)

Miss you all HUGS :)

Dear sweet RV's! Kelly and MIchelle- I miss you both.

I took a little break from here.... but seeing this post made me realize how much I missed you two!

But I am rocking my sleeve! I added hamburger last weekend and actually made Eggface's ricotta bake with a layer of ground beef- had to make a double batch cause the family loves it too! Next comes beef and regular food in the next couple of weeks. If you do that I calculated the nutritional values so let me know if you want it. Its delish!

I am really happy now- walking an hour a day PLUS doing Water aerobics...still not able to eat more than a 1/4 cup but I am used to it. I still have a Protein shake in the morning- my fave chocolate with decaf- plan to transition to regular coffee soon cause I miss it! Then I also have an powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup late afternoon/early evening so I can really vary what I have at my tiny meals and don't have to feel like it has to be all Protein. My nutritionist said she fully expects me to have 2 drinks a day during the weight loss phase. I can proudly say I have gotten at least 60 grams of protein and 64 ounces of Water every day since day five. I STILL set my phone alarm for drinking but the warm weather finally coming to our area of NO CA has helped- yesterday I drank 3 liters.

I lost 5 pounds last week to bring my current total to 43 pounds (including my 2 week pre-op because I really do consider that my start date!) I am thrilled with that.

I feel GOOD- I feel so much more energetic and I feel really IN my body- do you know what I mean? I felt kind of numb before. My husband says I have my sparkle and prana back. It is just what I hoped for.

I am so happy I get to meet you Kelly- say you will come to Hayward on the 9th! We MUST hug in person instead of just cyber hug.

My biggest NSV is that I took a leap of faith and made plans to go to The Gorge in Washington in September to see Dave Matthews Band- my family has seen them all over the place but I never dared go there as it is camping and hilly terrain and I finally feel that I can do it!

I am thrilled that my sleeve sistah's the red velvet girls are doing so beautifully! Red Velvets forever!

ps in whisper tone- my birthday is Saturday and I admit I plan a few bad girl things- my husband is buying all the new Ben and Jerry flavors and I will have a teaspoon of each spread through the day so I can try them, plus a little bit of movie popcorn since my son works at the theater. I figure I can't do too much damage! ;-P

BTW I so feel for you Kelly that you still get hungry! I am NEVER hungry- occasionally I will smell something wonderful and have a sort of of nostalgic feeling wanting it but I actually have to remember to eat. I pray that happens for you as I think it would be a harder path for sure with hunger!

Also YAY for ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!! That is HUGE! I have 36 pounds to go and I can only hop I can get there in a few months!

I'm doing pretty well. I'd lost 30lbs but had gotten a bit out of control in a bad carb spiral (what I call them). But I reigned myself in and focused on Protein protein protein and lost another 5lbs in the last few days.

Hey, ladies!! :)

I've lost 27lbs at 1 mo out.

Today I fit COMFORTABLY into sz 24 jeans which I haven't been able to wear since I got sick (& got put on steroids) 2 years ago this month! I have been able to pull them on and button them for almost 2 weeks (my weight didn't shift much), but they were tooooo tight to wear. Yay!!

I wish I'd lost more so far, but that's life. I had no pre-op diet and no extended stay on liquids. And then I had my period and spent another week after that going up & down 2lbs, which I recently learned was due to the nose spray I was taking for my horrible sinusitis.

My next goal is *30lbs*, and then 270, which is 15lbs away and the weight I had on my wedding day 3 years ago before all this mono/cfs crap happened to me, so that'll be nice! (And then I can toss AAALLL my size 26 stuff!)

Actually, today is my first day back from a 4-day vacation in the Austrian countryside. I had a great time! Did way more walking than I've done since surgery, and climbed a giant flight of stairs up to an ossuary built into the mountain. While I had to stop a few times on the way up, I didn't feel dead exhausted after I reached the top, which is a HUGE improvement over how I felt before surgery!

I didn't count calories (had no idea HOW to for most of the food), but I let the sleeve work for me, despite fancy four-course dinners standard at our hotel. I'm pretty sure they all thought I hated the food, lol, they kept asking me if everything was to my satisfaction and giving me aluminum foil to wrap up Snacks.

scale says I'm up 4lbs (!!) since before vacation, and the body fat % didn't drop like it usually does when I retain Water. At first I freaked, but then I tried on these jeans. These jeans did NOT fit like this before we left so I'm not gonna worry about it.

A week or so ago, I was having bad side effects -- shooting acid after eating, sore throat, hoarse voice, etc., and it turns out those were ALL caused/aggravated by the nose spray that works on my swollen sinuses. I stopped it, and the acid went away. (I was already taking a PPI 2x a day.) So that's good :)

WOW Michelle that is AWESOME!! You are rockin' that sleeve gurl!

75lbs in 2 months. HOLY COW!! You must be a mere shadow of your former self! LOL

AWESOME,AWESOME,AWESOME!! Good for you! I am so very happy for you. Keep on keepin' on!

Hugs,

Kelly :D

Just thought I would say that I have lost 75 pounds so far and Monday I will be 2 months Post op! YAY!!! :)

Michelle

PS Happy 4th of July!!!

I am so proud of all you guys progress. I am celebrating 2 months on Monday. I have lost 60 pounds so far. I tried on pair of jean shorts I have not worn them in at least 5 years and they fit perfect. I was so happy. I am swimming and walking. The only I need to start doing is weighs I am noticing some flabby places starting to form. I have given away 3 bags of clothes to a church that sends them to Haiti. I sometimes think I am dreaming. I have had one complication. I had some watermelon and a seed got stock in opening of my colon and it got inflammabled so I was sick for about a week. My surgeron was great about things. I am still on the mushies. I am not sure what is next in the food stage since my surgeron is conservative. So we will see on Friday. The only thing I am craving is a diet soda but I know I cannot have. I am sorry I have not been touch it has been so busy with work and school. I will try to make in more. I know the one thing I need to do is take some pictures I have been so bad about it. Well let me go. Have a great fourth of July weekend.....:rolleyes:

WOW! you all are doing so great and losing so much weight! I feel like I am not losing much!!!

I have lost 29lbs. I am thrilled to have lost that much tho! I did lose 55lbs pre-op, and only have about 30 more til goal, so maybe that is why I haven't lost 50 or 60 like you other's!

I am so happy for you other Red Velvet member's and the way you are rockin' your sleeves!! I only wish we all lived closer so we could all meet! I am going to meet Meggie next weekend! How exciting!!

Hugs to all of you and keep on keepin' on!

Kelly :)

It is so great to hear from everyone!

Wow Michelle- 75 pounds? TWO MONTHS? AMAZING!!!!!!!

It i hard to believe it will be 8 weeks on Monday- it seems like it just happened- eh?

I had my lost weekend for my birthday (I gave it its own thread!) so that stalled me for that week- but I am losing again this week and have now lost 45 pounds since starting my two week pre-op on April 25th. I really do consider that my start0 two weeks of liquids- a tough two weeks indeed!

One funny thing I notice is that when I feel full I sometimes have the same guilt as when I ate too much in the past- then I realize that having a sleev that holds 1/4 cup max will keep you pretty much feeling full all the time!

Yeah Kelly- you are 30 lbs from goal- everyone is slow so close to goal- you are doing great! I have only lost 27 since actual surgery date and I am 75 from goal! And hooray we get to hug in person next week!

So good to see you girls back!!! I am amazed on how well each of you are doing, congratulations to each and everyone of you!!!

Right before the Red Velvet gang was sleeved, I would read your post and you girls made me laugh, so happy to follow along in the journey.

Wishing you continued success!!!:cheer2:

I'm NOT a Red Velvet Girl but I just wanted to chime in here and say that YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!! I loved reading about all your progress and even the little hurdles each of you have faced. I'm not too far behind you (one month out on Monday) and reading about your stories and progress really inspired me. Congratulations to all of you and thanks for the posts!!!

Everyone is doing wonderfully. Congrats on all the weight loss. I am currently at 62 lbs down total with 40 of that since surgery. My relationship with eating is getting better each day I was having some trouble for a little while. One day chicken was good and the next chicken was a no no, made it hard to plan things. All seems to be going well now.

Wishes for continued success for us all.

I just noticed Michelle that you and I plan to lose the same amount of weight. you are doing so well. Good for you.