Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Plication Weight Loss Surgery to gastric sleeve weight loss surgery revision

So glad to hear you are doing well. The sleeve is great and I am so happy for you!

Thanks Becca. I am doing great. It is now 3 weeks and I am on the mushy food stage. I don't get the major hunger pangs that I use to get with the plication. When I used to tell my doctor, they would say that it is probaby gas and not hunger. Won't I know gas from hunger? I have lost 15lbs so far. I have stalled this week and haven't lost any weight. Looking forward to continous weight loss.

How are you doing now?

I am doing well now, excepting for this major stall that I am experiencing. Haven't move from the 15 lbs weight loss. I haven't lost anything for the past 3 weeks. It is a bit fustrating. I haven't done any exercise though. Been too busy of late. March 6th will make 2 months since my revision. I am hoping my weight loss will pick up soon enough.

i am getting the plicating sleeve march 8th by dr Corvala, i chose this because i am just to scared to get my stomach cut, and have anything foreign in my body, once this is done i have about 80 lbs to lose, which i think can be done with this operation, wishing you all luck with the sleeve....

i am getting the plicating sleeve march 8th by dr Corvala, i chose this because i am just to scared to get my stomach cut, and have anything foreign in my body, once this is done i have about 80 lbs to lose, which i think can be done with this operation, wishing you all luck with the sleeve....

I had my plication done by Dr. Corvala. The surgery was done well according to my revision doctor. The problem with the plication is that they do not remove the grehlin (the part that creates hormones that tells your brain to eat.) Before, I did my revision, I did some research and I found out that more and more doctors are against the plication. Simply because they are worried about the stitches becoming undone and shredding the stomach. Because I was worried about the long term results, I decided to do my revision. I ended paying double for weight loss surgery. Luckily for me, even though there was alot of scar tissues ( the doctors took 3hours to do my revision) I was able to get the sleeve. With the plication I started at 232lbs, got to 185 and then gained back 17lbs. I was noticing my portions were increasing and I wanted to eat more frequent. I spoke to a lady who had the plication and the threads unraveled in her stomach, luckily for her it didn't do any damage, but she had zero restrictions, she now has the gastric sleeve. Having the sleeve was like a walk in the park in comparsion the plication. My recovery with the plication was terrible, whereas, with the sleeve I was up and about in a couple of days. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose the sleeve.

i still feel comfortable with the plication, i have spoken to a lot of people that have had this and are doing fine, i guess it is what u r comfortable with, as for the the grehlin yea that is not removed, but even if it was you get that back within a year after surgery, so have to deal with that at one point. ty for your experience tho i hope all is well for u now :)

i still feel comfortable with the plication, i have spoken to a lot of people that have had this and are doing fine, i guess it is what u r comfortable with, as for the the grehlin yea that is not removed, but even if it was you get that back within a year after surgery, so have to deal with that at one point. ty for your experience tho i hope all is well for u now :)

I guess after doing your research you decided what you feel most comfortable with.It is all individual preferences. Deciding to have a gastric surgery is a big decision. I am proud of you, When doing weight loss surgery no one knows when or if they will reach their goal weight loss. It will be all up to us to get to our goal after the doctors have done their part. When you see Dr. Corvala tell them Lynette says hi. Don't know if they will remember me. I wish you good luck and God's speed. You will be so happy with the brand new you.

i will say hi, i have so many questions once i get there for him, i already asked here, but want to ask him too. i guess to verify what i have learnt, my goal is to get this weight off by Sept. that is my goal, slow an easy, i appreciate your input, ty

@@4mygirls

Hi, so thankful I found this thread.....I'm considering the same revision. If you went to Mexico, you obviously had everything done in 1 step. My surgeon has required me to do a "swallow test" (x-ray) and an upper G.I. scope to see what the Plication looks like, if there is too much scar tissue, if there is room to create a sleeve, etc. He said if there was any scar tissue, I would have to wait 3-6 months (after "unfurling" my pleat/plication) Did you have any scar tissue or any other issues? Did your doctors do any pre-op testing? Any information will be helpful. I am self-pay and can hardly afford the "unfurling" surgery then the 2nd surgery to do the sleeve. Don't know what to do......