Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Official: FitBit Thread

Got my fitbit ultra today and I love it so far. It motivated me to get up and move all day today. I love that it can be worn on my bra and I don't even feel it there. The fact that it syncs with myfitnesspal was a deciding factor for me since they have a much more extensive food database than most others.

Hi everyone. I created a community on Fitbit, so we can all have a place to gather. It is at : http://www.fitbit.com/group/229RWC

Come join, if you have a fitbit!

I joined you teach. We have a really exclusive group for now! :)

I need fitbit help. I just got it today and am lost. i wore it on a quick errand (mostly driving) and it recorded 209 steps and 1459 calories burned. There is no way I burned that many calories in that short amount of driving time. Also, is there a way to sync fitbit with myfitnesspal so that I am not logging food and exercise twice?

Also, does the fitbit reset itself each day? I skimmed the online manual and didn't see anything about resetting it.

Also' date=' does the fitbit reset itself each day? I skimmed the online manual and didn't see anything about resetting it.[/quote']

It is resets itself. All you have to do is wear it and the ret will be taken care of. I am at 10890 steps today and tomorrow morning, I will be at 0 steps again.

I need fitbit help. I just got it today and am lost. i wore it on a quick errand (mostly driving) and it recorded 209 steps and 1459 calories burned. There is no way I burned that many calories in that short amount of driving time. Also' date=' is there a way to sync fitbit with myfitnesspal so that I am not logging food and exercise twice?[/quote']

There is something wrong with your fitbit, because it takes 10,000 steps to burn that many calories. As for steps, 209 steps is nothing. You can do that brushing your teeth in the morning. You would be shocked how many steps it takes to do regular tasks. As for syncing. When you go on the fitbit website, you need to push the icon to hook the accounts together. It is on the right hand corner.

I need fitbit help. I just got it today and am lost. i wore it on a quick errand (mostly driving) and it recorded 209 steps and 1459 calories burned. There is no way I burned that many calories in that short amount of driving time. Also, is there a way to sync fitbit with myfitnesspal so that I am not logging food and exercise twice?

The fitbit automatically accounts for calories you burn just by being alive each day.

On MFP, go to the tools tab to sync with fitbit.

I joined the group. YAY! I also figured out the MFP syncing issue. Thanks for all the help.

I love my fitbit, I got mine used on e-bay to save a little money. I wear it on my bra every day, it is the best motivation to keep walking to see if I can beat yesterdays number. The one problem is that when you walk stairs it doesn't count them if there is a rest or break. I have a split level house and if I climb the first 1/2 and then stop on the landing to grab the mail or let the dog out before continuing up the second half it doesn't count it as a flight of stairs.

The fitbit is the first pedometer that I have had that doesn't fall off or look bulky under clothes

I am LOVING my Fitbit. Don't know how I got along without it.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I've been using my fit it for may bee a year and a half. I switched to the fit it ultra when it came out. I personally am sold on it, but realistically you can use a free online food log and buy a $20 omron pedometer and get similar results. I myself love it, but I suggest getting into the habit of warring a pedometer before shelling out the big bucks! Be blessed!

Please add me as a friend to the fit bit owners I just got mine today. So far I love it. I can link it to everything I use. Mfp and Nike + apple and twitter. Not to mention Facebook! My email is aldous411@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Who all uses it? I just got one through work - I work for HCA and they have a thing called H2U that is supposed to help you get healthy (ties in with insurance as well). Since I have a high BMI I was able to get one for free - They cost about 100.00 at Best Buy. If you have a profile and want to add me mine's http://www.fitbit.com/user/23RCRX