Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats My Poop Going to Look Like

I am just curious after surgery what will my number two look like nomral or will it be smaller?

I am just curious after surgery what will my number two look like nomral or will it be smaller?

Odd question, but a question nonethesame, it will look the same way it does now.

At first it will be different, like softer. But after you get back on solids it should be normal, maybe a little harder because you won't be getting a lot of Fiber. But it just won't happen as often. I suggest fiber gummies

I am eating Protein only, so not too much residue left after digestion...mine looks like biggish rabbit pellets.

ok so you asked right?

I have always had issues with Constipation especially while prego. After surgery it HORRIBLE. Moved to a more regular pattern at about 4 months but still deal with it ocassionally.

I just love VST......no holds barred here......:lol:

You all are so great! I can't wait to be sleeved I have my orientation in Richmond tomorrow.

Hugs to all

Chronic Constipation sufferer here, use Mirilax Daily.Mine are very dark, very heavy sinkers that smell really foul. I always leave "marks" on the sides of the bowl. I go maybe every three days or so.

Thanks for all your honest answers!

During the liquid phase, when you're drinking sugar free stuff like gatorade/powerade/crystal light, and then throw in some lime Jello and some sugar free popsicles, Peacock poop is what we called it a couple of years ago.

Smaller bm material is to be expected especially when ingesting very small portions and/or liquids.

The freaky colors disappeared once I was able to progress to other liquids and foods.

So weird, I was just thinking about this because I went today and it's a lot different than my pre-surgery "normal". My "normal" before surgery though was chronic diarrhea due to IBS so this is actually a nice change because it's what I would consider to be normal poo. Not to hard, not to soft (no I'm not talking about papa bears chair :P ) and just a little bit, not hours of cramping and sitting there until my legs go numb because I ate the wrong thing. This was definitely an unseen perk of the surgery for me.

Renee`

Hi,

I am almost 3 years out from having sleeve surgery. I notice that someone wrote already about using Miralax. I highly recomment using it daily. I just mix mine with my Protein drink every morning. I put a cap full in the blender with my Protein Drink. Miralax is tasteless and I use it sometimes in my hot tea too.

It just makes life a whole lot easier. You are eating Protein and do not get enough of the Fiber that you need. Miralax is not habit forming either. I use the "Costco" brand, it is the very same thing and cost less.

For me the poop is much smaller and looks the same color as always.

Suzanne

Before you can eat any foods... remember... liquid in, liquid out.

I see a bunch of people freaked out over "diarrhea" :)