Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I DID NOT (even once) MISS THOSE 70 LBS ON VACATION!

16 mos out - lost from 220 to 148. I am 48 years old now. Went to DIsneyworld by plane, then to the beach nearby Disney, then on a CRUISE (lifelong dream) to Bahamas with my family and friends.

I wanted so many times to write in and just say how much I do not miss those 70 lbs. I wore the cutest sundreses w flip flops and even though they would look better on a 17 yo, they looked good still on me I felt. I know I need to firm up and lose a bit more as I've rested at this weight probalby 6 mos easily, but let me tell you nobody could out walkme and noticed I was usually leading the pack. I had just as much stamina, and even my husband kept saying how I could have never made it through some of the things we did especially at Disney. We went to a waterpark Atlantis in Bahamas and I could easily get in and out of tube and pull my legs and arms in to avoid getting hit. I remember a tube being a disaster before because I was already a tube.

A new lease on life you know. I saw a lot of big people and I felt so bad for them at Disney and on the cruise. I even saw a big person toting a big oxygen tank behind her which could not have been real easy. I was never so glad to have done this. No one that sees us has any idea what we have been through, and probably look wishing they could be as small. If only they knew they could...

I wondered if it would it be hard on the cruise...not being able to pig out...because I've always heard about hte endless food. Well, honestly the food was overwhelmingly overrated, and kinda gross at times. I was so thiankful for the good coffee bar to get an occaional latte to clear my stomach because the food just wasn't as fresh as I'm used to nowadays and tended to make me feel so bloated and gassy. It was manageable but after a few days really lost so much appeal. But it was frankly just not an issue except that it wasn't great food overall, just a few good things. I usually couldn't stomch a bite of dessert bc I'd eat to try to fill up because we would tend to be so hungry bc we didn't snack as much as my usual and I'd fill up so fast. I found the same as always, searching for good Protein, usually lean. Altho I did have a nice piece of fried chicken on the cruise which was probably the best thing I ate. But they had a lot of fish and baked potatoes and I tended to eat that and got full quickly.

One night at Disney we ate at Cape May which was awesome. I ate so much, like 4 oz of clam chowder which was the best, then 3 of those snow crab halves dipped in butter. And a roll I think. It was the best meal of my life I think. My husband couldn't believe I ate so much, but maybe bc the crab looks like more than it is and we were there a really long time.

My brother is getting this surgery soon I heard. So happy for that. I wonder if my son, who is 13, might wind up in the same boat someday because definitely I passed on the gluton-syndrome to him. He ate quite a bit at mealtime, hoping he didn't gain. And soda after soda.

But overall, a good trip. The kids behaved and it was a safe trip. Next time I doubt we would do Disney or the cruise, bc Disney was exhausting and the cruise, well we went Carnival and there was so much partying/sex/drinking it was a turn off to me. Not a very good environment for kids, kinda scarey. But we stayed safe. The best part was the Bahamas, so I think next time we'll just fly to Atlantis resort and stay there, it was verrrrry nice.

This was kind of a vacation of a lifetime for us, and for me a celebration of my weight loss journey. I would put on a cute dress and my husband would say "Wow, bet you don't miss those 70 lbs now." And I'd ask, DO YOU? And he was like "NO WAY...".

Tomorrow we will be home, still in Florida now resting up for the last leg of the trip. No worries here...

Very cool!! I've often wondered about the cruise too. I'd love to take the kids on one. I think I'll try to remember to take Protein Shakes as a just in case! I've lost about the same amount of weight. I'll tell ya, I sure don't miss that weight either ; )

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! My husband and I are Cruise Planners, and we are planning a cruise in August and one in November (it's our favorite thing to do for vacation/treating ourselves). I am excited for both, even though I haven't lost all the weight I want to yet, because I know the activities and swimming and just having extra energy will be so much fun! I'm glad your trip went well and you were able to really enjoy being 70 pounds (wow!) lighter.

Meg

Thank you for sharing! I love reading stories from people who are already awhile out. It sounds like it was a wonderful holiday! Best luck to your brother!

Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful!

What an awesome way to Celebrate losing those lbs!!! How FUN!

And I've said this before and I'll be a broken record saying it again, I didn't feel sick before (I was healthy my only 'ding' on my health was that I was MO, I exercised regularly, low BP, low Cholesterol, etc.) but I simply feel AMAZING now after losing 70+lbs...I just can't imagine carrying around 70 extra pounds...(like I imagine picking up a 70lb bag of rice and having to carry it with me wherever I go) the thought boggles my mind.

What a wonderful post!!! Congratulations to you on this great accomplishment. Reading this post just make my day!!!

16 mos out - lost from 220 to 148. I am 48 years old now. Went to DIsneyworld by plane, then to the beach nearby Disney, then on a CRUISE (lifelong dream) to Bahamas with my family and friends.

I wanted so many times to write in and just say how much I do not miss those 70 lbs. I wore the cutest sundreses w flip flops and even though they would look better on a 17 yo, they looked good still on me I felt. I know I need to firm up and lose a bit more as I've rested at this weight probalby 6 mos easily, but let me tell you nobody could out walkme and noticed I was usually leading the pack. I had just as much stamina, and even my husband kept saying how I could have never made it through some of the things we did especially at Disney. We went to a waterpark Atlantis in Bahamas and I could easily get in and out of tube and pull my legs and arms in to avoid getting hit. I remember a tube being a disaster before because I was already a tube.

A new lease on life you know. I saw a lot of big people and I felt so bad for them at Disney and on the cruise. I even saw a big person toting a big oxygen tank behind her which could not have been real easy. I was never so glad to have done this. No one that sees us has any idea what we have been through, and probably look wishing they could be as small. If only they knew they could...

I wondered if it would it be hard on the cruise...not being able to pig out...because I've always heard about hte endless food. Well, honestly the food was overwhelmingly overrated, and kinda gross at times. I was so thiankful for the good coffee bar to get an occaional latte to clear my stomach because the food just wasn't as fresh as I'm used to nowadays and tended to make me feel so bloated and gassy. It was manageable but after a few days really lost so much appeal. But it was frankly just not an issue except that it wasn't great food overall, just a few good things. I usually couldn't stomch a bite of dessert bc I'd eat to try to fill up because we would tend to be so hungry bc we didn't snack as much as my usual and I'd fill up so fast. I found the same as always, searching for good Protein, usually lean. Altho I did have a nice piece of fried chicken on the cruise which was probably the best thing I ate. But they had a lot of fish and baked potatoes and I tended to eat that and got full quickly.

One night at Disney we ate at Cape May which was awesome. I ate so much, like 4 oz of clam chowder which was the best, then 3 of those snow crab halves dipped in butter. And a roll I think. It was the best meal of my life I think. My husband couldn't believe I ate so much, but maybe bc the crab looks like more than it is and we were there a really long time.

My brother is getting this surgery soon I heard. So happy for that. I wonder if my son, who is 13, might wind up in the same boat someday because definitely I passed on the gluton-syndrome to him. He ate quite a bit at mealtime, hoping he didn't gain. And soda after soda.

But overall, a good trip. The kids behaved and it was a safe trip. Next time I doubt we would do Disney or the cruise, bc Disney was exhausting and the cruise, well we went Carnival and there was so much partying/sex/drinking it was a turn off to me. Not a very good environment for kids, kinda scarey. But we stayed safe. The best part was the Bahamas, so I think next time we'll just fly to Atlantis resort and stay there, it was verrrrry nice.

This was kind of a vacation of a lifetime for us, and for me a celebration of my weight loss journey. I would put on a cute dress and my husband would say "Wow, bet you don't miss those 70 lbs now." And I'd ask, DO YOU? And he was like "NO WAY...".

Tomorrow we will be home, still in Florida now resting up for the last leg of the trip. No worries here...

Sounds so wonderful and fun!! What a great way to Celebrate your weight loss. I have a huge Travel To Do list and Bahamas and a Cruise are on it. I wonder if the Disney cruise would be a better enviroment for the kids?

Congrats on the 70lb loss and enjoying life!!

:)