Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleeve/sleeve or sleeve/RNY marriages?

Anyone else here married to a sleever or RNY?

I am-

My wife is 6 months out RNY. and she is a ROCK!

helping me, reminding me... and not hounding me...

been nice not to worry about things all week, she sets me up, drinks, vits, and even calls to make sure I am being mobile.

tongue.gif

it's like a second honeymoon...(except for the sex part- which needs to be remedied soon) and FTR- she is skinnier than when we married, not that it ever mattered to me.. She is such a kind and caring person,

I win!

tell me about how wonderful your S/O is to you.

Mine left me the morning after surgery (I correct myself here: he called me in the hospital and told me not to come "home"). I AM sincerely happy for you though. It's nice to hear that "happily ever after" still excists.

Just NEVER take it for granted.

Valentina

Anyone else here married to a sleever or RNY?

I am-

My wife is 6 months out RNY. and she is a ROCK!

helping me, reminding me... and not hounding me...

been nice not to worry about things all week, she sets me up, drinks, vits, and even calls to make sure I am being mobile.

tongue.gif

it's like a second honeymoon...(except for the sex part- which needs to be remedied soon) and FTR- she is skinnier than when we married, not that it ever mattered to me.. She is such a kind and caring person,

I win!

tell me about how wonderful your S/O is to you.

(sorry to hear- hoping life has only gotten better for ya)

we have been married 28 years, together 31...

this last 6 months with her RnY and now my sleeve is probably the best thing ever -for us...

not counting the two wonderful kids (now adults).

It is too soon to know what life has in store for me. I only had my surgery on 6/6. I am beginning to get pis*ed, so I guess that's a good sign! My SO was (is) mentally ill. I just have to convince myself that no matter what I did, I could NOT cure mental illness. I find that I still worry and care about him, but NO "normal" human being could do what he did to me just hours after having 85% of my stomach removed. --at least I hope not!

My daughters are 38 and 28. They are my support system along with my life long best friend with whom I am living with right now. Where will I end up? I don't know. I have a blank canvas.

I can not tell you how happy I am for you. You and your wife are more fortuneate that maybe either of you can appreciate. NEVER take eachother for granted. Tell her and show her every day.

Keep in touch,

Valentina

(sorry to hear- hoping life has only gotten better for ya)

we have been married 28 years, together 31...

this last 6 months with her RnY and now my sleeve is probably the best thing ever -for us...

not counting the two wonderful kids (now adults).

My husband was sleeved in April 2010 and had fantastic results. When I finally decided to look into having the surgery, he was like a giddy kid, so excited and happy; I actually had to tell him to calm down and back off a bit while I did my own research and made my decision. :rolleyes: But when I did decide to do it, he was 100% supportive. Our experiences were almost completely opposite--he had to fight to get the surgery, it took forever for him to be approved, and then once he had the surgery, his recovery was almost effortless. My approval came within 24 hours of my completed request, and I had a lot of problems in the first few weeks after surgery. But it is FANTASTIC to have another sleever who "gets" it. He doesn't mind if I eat off his plate--he says with the amount I eat, he would never even miss it, LOL. I went with him last fall to get a new wardrobe, and now he has been shopping with me this summer, since my clothes are all literally falling off, even though he hates shopping! I kid him that when he dropped all that weight, his "hotness factor" shot up (and it is true!); now he's telling me the same thing, even though I still have a long way to go. I feel blessed all the time to have my husband in my life. He married me when I was at my highest weight and loves me no matter what, and I feel so incredibly fortunate.

Valentina, I am so sorry for your situation and am sending positive vibes your way that you will find the exact right place to be... and I will never take my husband's support for granted. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. You're right, you can't cure mental illness, but you can find peace and happiness. Seems like you're already well under way to your weight loss goals!

Meg

My hubby and I are both sleevers. We were both morbidly obese (my BMI was higher than his, mine 44ish and his hovered around 41) we have talked about doing WLS for a long time but were both hesitant to do bypass. Then finally in April 2010 I made the call to our insurance to get the ball rolling. I asked him to consider it as well. It took him a while, but he did finally decide that he wanted to do this as well. And I have to give him TONS of credit because I was originally going to do the band and he begged me to research the sleeve...once I learned about the sleeve, I knew it was the right surgery for me and ultimately for us.

Due to insurance, I was sleeved Oct. 2010 and he wasn't sleeved until March 2011. But that worked out fine for us (it actually cost us more money as we have a high-deductible insurance plan and had met our ded. in 2010, but it was still worth every penny!) We very much have the "team" mentality. He has always been my biggest supporter and has never once said I was not attractive to him, no matter what I've weighed. My weight has been all over the place in the last 19 years that we have known each other, and we have been married for over 15 years. He always says I'm beautiful, has supported every diet I have ever been on (even the crazy ones), and never given me grief when I wanted to eat ice cream. In short he is and always has been my rock.

I love seeing other couples who are doing this together! Thanks for starting this thread.

Valentina...oh my goodness, that is so awful. I can't imagine someone being so low as to call someone in the hospital and tell them not to come home. I'm glad you are doing well, and you sound like you have such a positive mental attitude. I'm sorry that happened to you, but it sounds like you are going to come out stronger for it in the end.

M2G- nice to meet ya-

:)

so which is better, Having a skinny hubby or being skinny?

laugh.gif

My wife just told me this,

I went to bed before her- and when she came to bed- she could barely see me under the covers.

:) I haven't lost that much (like her) but I could see a twinkle in her eye. I think she is enjoying me getting skinny(er) than I am.... ok maybe not more,

but you get what I am saying- Right?

It's so win-win- I have never thought of it like this....

I was so INTO ME, I wanna loose weight, walk more, be healthy...

wow- there is a skinny chic checking me out devil_smile.gif

M2G- nice to meet ya-

:)

so which is better, Having a skinny hubby or being skinny?

laugh.gif

My wife just told me this,

I went to bed before her- and when she came to bed- she could barely see me under the covers.

:) I haven't lost that much (like her) but I could see a twinkle in her eye. I think she is enjoying me getting skinny(er) than I am.... ok maybe not more,

but you get what I am saying- Right?

It's so win-win- I have never thought of it like this....

I was so INTO ME, I wanna loose weight, walk more, be healthy...

wow- there is a skinny chic checking me out devil_smile.gif

Nice to meet you too!

I have always weighed less than my husband (sometimes not by much, in fact our surgery start weights were almost identical but he has 3 inches in height over me) and he has less fat than I did and is more muscular, in fact one time he told a former family dr. that he wanted to lose weight and she told him she thought he was fine (I think she was hitting on him...;) )

As I was getting wheeled into surgery, our dr. told me "it's good that you are going first" and I thought he was referencing the fact that I was being a guinea pig, but he was like "it's good because you will get a good headstart on him and he won't be able to pass you up (losing-wise)" and I think he is right, the ladies should go first, because nothing is more irriating than a man who just drops the weight overnight. :lol:

Honestly though we both easily look 10 years younger...and feel like it too! Like you said, win-win!! He is working out a lot, and it's showing. He only writes his weight down once a month :blink: so at his 3 month post-op he was down over -40lbs. I'm happy and proud of him...I bet your wife feels the same about you!

"FTR- she is skinnier than when we married, not that it ever mattered to me."

I forgot to mention that I'm in the same boat! My wedding dress was a size 24, and I'm currently wearing a size 14. Maybe a do-over (vow renewal and PICS too!) are in order when we both reach goal. ;)

Maybe a do-over (vow renewal and PICS too!) are in order when we both reach goal. ;)

we are putting these thoughts out into the universe, never been to Hawaii.

We are planning our 30th anniversary there.

this time my way- barefoot, beach...