Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks post op & Stomach bloated....

I am 2 weeks post op and am finally feeling pretty good however I noticed bloating from right below my rib cage to the bottom of my belly button. When I came home from the hospital I was fine in this regard. My incisions didn't hurt at all and I only had discomfort from gas and pressure. Now it seems my stomach is so big and I am concerned because it hurts when i am sitting at work.

Does anyone else have this ? I am thinking it is just swelling but why happening now 2 weeks later? Also, I just saw my surgeon this past Monday and he said I had a little bit of Fluid that he can feel but nothing to worry about. Could it be that the fluid increased and that is causing this?

It is uncomfortable but if this too will pass I can get over it...........

ANYONE out there had the same thing 2 weeks out?

Thanks SOOO much!

Dawn :)

Hi Dawn!

I'm not sure how much help I can be to you since I just had my surgery on 6/6, but here go some thoughts. I had some "bloating" on my right side, and it felt hard to the touch. This has, however, consistently subsided since surgery, day to day, and is actually feeling and looking quite normal now - with the exceptions of the incisions themselves. I have had some pain off and on on my actual sutures on my right side. I think at one point a few days ago I sneezed and somehow pulled something. Sounds so stupid but that's whay happened. LOL. With your symptoms I would be tempted to call my surgeon and check in with him. Particularly since he found some Fluid. I always worry about pain and figure the body is trying to say something. I would also take my temperature just to make sure. Personally I would feel more comfortable making that call. You never know, he may give you some good ideas of how to help it along if anything else. Take good care and lots of good wishes for a speedy recovery!!!!!!!

MNB

I am 2 weeks post op and am finally feeling pretty good however I noticed bloating from right below my rib cage to the bottom of my belly button. When I came home from the hospital I was fine in this regard. My incisions didn't hurt at all and I only had discomfort from gas and pressure. Now it seems my stomach is so big and I am concerned because it hurts when i am sitting at work.

Does anyone else have this ? I am thinking it is just swelling but why happening now 2 weeks later? Also, I just saw my surgeon this past Monday and he said I had a little bit of Fluid that he can feel but nothing to worry about. Could it be that the fluid increased and that is causing this?

It is uncomfortable but if this too will pass I can get over it...........

ANYONE out there had the same thing 2 weeks out?

Thanks SOOO much!

Dawn :)

Hi Dawn! Sounds like you are in great spirits! I am one week post-op and have some bloating too. My stomach looks a bit lumpy and odd, lol, but otherwise I feel terrific.. My post-op appt is in a week's time, and I cannot wait to give up this liquid Protein diet! Ugh..

Anyway, for sure I would consult your doctor - just to give you a little piece of mind..

Best of luck- let us know the outcome :)

Soccermom

weight.png

I had pain under my shoulder right side as long as 6 weeks post op that really bothered me while sitting up at work. I contributed it nerve and gas pain and it went away.

Hi there!! I am 2 weeks post op and having this issue. In fact I had to take my bra off the other day because it was sitting on the bloated area. I went to the Dr and they said it was normal - no fluids trapped under the skin. So I go bra-less LMAO SMH and take my Gas-X. I am also walking more and it seems to go down little by little. So far I do not think it is anything to worry about.

Good luck hun.

Hi :) my stomach was the same way.. it's all of the swelling from the surgery and the bad news is that it can take up to 6 weeks to go down!!! Mine did... around the 6 to 7 week mark it finally went away... but the good news is that this is normal!!! You are doing great!! biggrin.gif

Thank you who mentioned swelling can be for 6-7 weeks. Oddly, my huge emergency C section scar is invisible. I had this 1985 but was from belly button almost to under breasts and inch wide. Hmmm great if never surfaced again although at 61 who cares right? 😂