Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dawn is being held Accountable!

Dawn
Sign in to follow this  

Okay, here I am 18lbs away from goal and I have not been holding myself accountable for what I eat or don't eat and what I do or don't do for exercise so that is going to change, NOW! Well actually I made this decision yesterday! LOL I haven't been to the gym for a few weeks (I mean like NO working out at all :( unless you could moving! LOL) and I have been really bad with food! I am going to try my darnest with food but I will say it's still a little more difficult as I don't know how to cook for one person and I don't usually eat leftovers! LOL My family will be back with me though in about 2 weeks! YAY! I can't wait to start cooking meals again!

BUT one thing I haven't been doing is eating my Protein and I can change that now! I made me a Protein Shake this morning and have some beef sticks for a snack and also a Protein bar! For dinner last night I had ham and will have some more tonight!

I have also been REALLY bad about taking my Vitamin and other meds. I am supposed to take my Asphex (like nexium) and also the Colace everyday but since I have moved into my house I haven't put my whole bedroom together and have been sleeping on the couch and I keep forgetting to take the meds before bed! I MUST change that too!!

Exercise! I have signed up and PAID for three 5K races in the next two months so I must start training again! Last night I did a step class and half a zumba class (the instructor was NO GOOD so I had to leave, wasn't getting anything out of it!). Tonight I am unpacking and putting together my Total Body Home Gym!! I have said for months now that I want to start toning (esp. my arms and abs) so this is going to help that A LOT!

Okay, so here goes! Lets get rid of those last "few" pounds and be at our goals!!! WOOHOO!!!

Whooottt Dawn!!! You've got this sister!!! :D I'm looking forward to your GOALLLL thread!!

You can do it Dawn!rolleyes.gif

Feel really good with my "performance" this weekend! LOL I got off work on Fri and heading to NY for my daughter's 7th BDay party! I was still full from lunch so I didn't have dinner on Fri. Sat I had a glass of milk for Breakfast (busy morning) and a Protein Bar for lunch. At her party I did allow myself to enjoy a cupcake with her but I cut off the top and all the frosting so it was more like 1/2 - 3/4 of a cupcake! LOL That night she wanted Olive Garden and I had salad and 3/4 of a breadstick! This is the second time I have gone to OG since surgery (OG was my FAVORITE - just salad and breadsticks though). It's so Crazy to think that 1 "personal" bowl of salad and 3/4 of a breadstick fill me up so much when I used to be able to eat the whole bowl (that it comes in) of salad and a whole basket of breadstick and Dessert and SODA!! I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Today we (me and daughter) took my husband out to Breakfast and my daughter and I share breakfast. She had the french toast and 2 pieces of bacon and I had eggs and 1 piece of bacon! I LOVE being around them when we go out to eat so that I can share a meal with her!! LOL

Now I'm traveling again this week. Fly out tomorrow and won't be home until late Wed. night and we are going to Alabama for work. The people we'll be around LOVE food so it's going to be very intersting on how I do! I know what I need to eat and that I can go out to eat and order light enough to not make notice of myself so we'll see!! I just hope I can get some workout time while I'm there since I have two races this coming weekend! EEKKK!!!

Awesome Dawn whooohooo!!! You're sooo close!! :)

UGH! I hate that I am so concerned about the scale and I am always telling myself to not be but alas I am and it moved in the WRONG direction :( I had a feeling I would be up since my period came AGAIN (seriously the second time this month) but I am now done with it and I stepped on the scale again today and I'm UP from yesterday by .2 :( I know I can go up and down and up and down all week long and that is why my OFFICIAL weigh in is only once a week but it's just hard! I know I MUST change my eating again because it's been really bad. I haven't been concerned with my Protein intake and I've been eating A LOT fo carbs. Yesterday and today I have made a Protein Shake but it's just awful anymore and it takes so much for me to choke them down now. I was so religious about them for so long that now I don't like them anymore! I'm still doing good with Water (holding steady where I've been the whole time) but I have started to let myself drink more soda and I need to get back away from that! I think when I get home I'll make a pitcher of tea and I'll only allow 1-2 sodas a week! (they are diet BTW) I just hate the feeling like I'm on a diet. This is something I have said since day one that I don't want to DIET ever again! I just want to eat healthy and FEEL healthy! AND I do Feel healthy, I feel GREAT but I am still so concerened with the number on the scale! I was to see that 150 so bad I could kill for it! Okay, really not but ya know! LOL

Another issue I have been having is I am SO FREEZING!!! Doesn't matter where I am, I am just so freaking cold! I'm wearing a freaking SWEATER In JUNE amost July because I'm so cold in my office but yet everyone else is saying how its actually warm in here!!!

First of all you are doing GREAT! don't let a .2 up get you down. it is just a little Water, or salt. and second, I love that you were able to go home to spend your daughter's BD with her and go to her favorite place to eat with her and not feel like a FREAK! Isn't that GREAT!!!!! it is so worth all of the other CRAP that we go through, choking down those now nasty shakes, and chuggin all that water!

Now, i'm totally in shock that you can even drink a soda! I still cannot, trust me I try, but I just burp and hurt! I did manage to drink a Smirnoff Ice Grape over the weekend, but I had to pour it over ice in a big cup and drink it very slow! And they are not very carbonated to begin with! Guess I will just stick with my CL strawberry lemonade!

Have fun on your trip!

I can drink BEER too! LOL The only thing that is really off limits for me is Ice Cream for me! BUT I keep trying it over and over and it's always one or the other, either I throw up or it comes out the other end the next day! LOL

OMG I haven't even attempted ice cream. Though I have been thinking about trying it... I love it in Summer time. However I keep reverting back to my "milk" episode and I'm immediately turned off. I never want to feel that again. Ever.

OMG! BEER would be so wonderful! I got the bill for the pool repair yesterday when I got home from my horrible day at work and I just had to drown my sorrows in something! so i opted for a bowl of ice cream! I had 3 small scoops of mint Cookies and cream with 3 cheeries! Well let me tell you, I DUMPED so bad that I passed out on the couch and had the worst cramps all night that i was awake! totally didn't make my day or night any better! should of just blasted the music and danced my sorrows away!

I'm sure a cold beer would have been nice, while i floated around my newly fixed pool to the tune of $2k! that would be $17K in the past 4 years that we owned this stupid house that we have dumped into this pool!!!! UGH!

I HATE feeling this way but it's hard not to :( Okay, so I looked at my loss and I have only lost 10 lbs in a FEW months! I knew the WL would slow down the closer I got to goal but it's hard to really "see" it! Don't get me wrong, I am HAPPY with me now, I really am! I am becoming more and more confident everyday and I LOVE the way my clothes fit now and the size of my clothes but it's still hard to not see the scale moving as quickly as it has before. I know my eating habits have changed once again and I am trying to get them back to where they once were. I don't know if I am actually starting to feel hunger again or if my mind is really playing some tricks on me but it seems to me that I am "hungry" more often then I used to be. I'm sure part of that might be the amount of sugar/carbs I have been eating over the last few months. I have also been having a lot of sodas! So, we are BROKE this pay period and there is NO soda in the house so I have no choice but to drink Water (and my morning coffee) and there is NO going out to eat so I'll be cooking good, low carb dinners!

The other part that is worrying me is that I have got sick a few times over the last month :( I HATE HATE HATE to throw up and that was a BIG reason why I chose sleeve over lapband but surprisingly enough, throwing up is easier since the sleeve then it was before! LOL While traveling I had a milkshake and drank too much too fast and it came back up. The other day we went to see a movie and I took some beef Jerky with and my daughter had M&Ms. I stole a small handful of M&Ms and then had my beef Jerky. Through the whole movie I knew if I went to the bathroom it would come up but I held off until the movie was over and sure enough when I went to the bathroom it did come back up :(

I have been slacking on my meds so I have decided to try taking them in the morning instead of night and see if I can start to remember better. So I take them this morning and OMG did I feel SO SICK :( Never did "allow" myself to get sick but I felt HORRIBLE. I couldn't even make myself eat because I felt so sick. I guess I need to eat before taking them now even though it never used to be that way!

Okay so here goes! It's a new month and dang it I want to lose these last 15lbs so I'm going back to basics! Protein Protein PROTEIN!!! Also I MUST start tracking my foods again! Since I can't bring any type of electronic into work (no Ipod :( ) then I'm going to go back to using FitDay.com!

Well I am losing, SLOWLY, but I started this thred with 18lbs to lose and now I have TEN (10) POUNDS TO GO!!!!!!!! (okay, 10.2 actualy) OMG I can't believe it!

I met with the NUT yesterday and she is still as NUTTY as ever and was talking to me about Vegan Protein Meal Replacements and such! She also wants me to take all sorts of other Vitamins (special order) but I don't really understand why. I had my blood drawn a couple of months ago to check all Vitamin levles and they are all OUTSTANDING! Why would I want to change what I'm doing if it's going so great??!! LOL Plus, they are way more expensive and I just don't have money for that type of stuff! She also wants met to stop taking my PPI because she feels "those type of things" can be controled through food. I have GERD and have been on meds since 1998 for it. My surgeon said I will most likely be on some sort of PPI for the rest of my life, especially since having surgery. Really my NUT is CRAZY!

I have a annual well woman vist in two weeks and I am actually excited to not have to heard to lose weight! LOL It's always been the number one thing my PCM has talked to me about, lose weight and this time I know she won't say a thing about it! YAY!

I have gone back to traking my food even though I haven't made a lot of changes in what I eat! LOL I know I still need to get more Protein in my day but being such a picky eater it's hard to get enough without supplementing it! I'm cool with using bars and shakes but I know that this far out I really should be EATING it all!

I've been REALLY bad about working out as well! My partner in crime here at work is on leave and I just haven't motivated myself to go. I know I just need to suck it up and get to the gym or go outside and run (but damn it's hot out there)!

I don't like to set weekly number goals much (I don't seem to reach them) but I REALLY REALLY want to lose 1.2 or more this week because I just want to see the 150s SO BAD!!!! LOL I know it will come in time and I just need to keep working my journey!

Well I am losing, SLOWLY, but I started this thred with 18lbs to lose and now I have TEN (10) POUNDS TO GO!!!!!!!! (okay, 10.2 actualy) OMG I can't believe it!

I met with the NUT yesterday and she is still as NUTTY as ever and was talking to me about Vegan Protein Meal Replacements and such! She also wants me to take all sorts of other Vitamins (special order) but I don't really understand why. I had my blood drawn a couple of months ago to check all Vitamin levles and they are all OUTSTANDING! Why would I want to change what I'm doing if it's going so great??!! LOL Plus, they are way more expensive and I just don't have money for that type of stuff! She also wants met to stop taking my PPI because she feels "those type of things" can be controled through food. I have GERD and have been on meds since 1998 for it. My surgeon said I will most likely be on some sort of PPI for the rest of my life, especially since having surgery. Really my NUT is CRAZY!

I have a annual well woman vist in two weeks and I am actually excited to not have to heard to lose weight! LOL It's always been the number one thing my PCM has talked to me about, lose weight and this time I know she won't say a thing about it! YAY!

I have gone back to traking my food even though I haven't made a lot of changes in what I eat! LOL I know I still need to get more Protein in my day but being such a picky eater it's hard to get enough without supplementing it! I'm cool with using bars and shakes but I know that this far out I really should be EATING it all!

I've been REALLY bad about working out as well! My partner in crime here at work is on leave and I just haven't motivated myself to go. I know I just need to suck it up and get to the gym or go outside and run (but damn it's hot out there)!

I don't like to set weekly number goals much (I don't seem to reach them) but I REALLY REALLY want to lose 1.2 or more this week because I just want to see the 150s SO BAD!!!! LOL I know it will come in time and I just need to keep working my journey!

You got this! Just ten pounds to go is AMAZING!!! I understand about the NUT. Mine told me to never believe any of the advice on "those" forums because the information is usually wrong. LOL Rock it girlie!