Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One year out - What are you eating?

Hi to all, but especially those who have hit goal.

I am 13 months out and have hit a plateau for the past 6 months.

I would love to hear what others are eating one year on, and exactly how much food you can or are eating.

Please let me know what a typical day is like now. Any lessons learned or tips to give.

Also say whether you have reached goal or are still losing.

Would love to hear from you all.

Looking for ideas/suggestions to put me back on tract.

Thanks for your help.

Bookleen

i am nearly 11 months out.

today for Breakfast milky coffee + 1 piece of whole meal toast with organic no sugar added Peanut Butter

1 orange

Lunch: a 2 egg omelette with mushrooms cheese and tomatoes

I'll probably have another coffee this afternoon and I usuaally have some kind of sweet biscuit (Ryvita or ceral bar)

Dinner: prob chicken with salad

(this is me on a good day!)

oh gym for an hour-lots of Water

Hi to all, but especially those who have hit goal.

I am 13 months out and have hit a plateau for the past 6 months.

I would love to hear what others are eating one year on, and exactly how much food you can or are eating.

Please let me know what a typical day is like now. Any lessons learned or tips to give.

Also say whether you have reached goal or are still losing.

Would love to hear from you all.

Looking for ideas/suggestions to put me back on tract.

Thanks for your help.

Bookleen

Hi there, well i'm 18 months out and am pretty much back to "normal" Here is todays menu

Breakfast: bagel thin with chive cream cheese and cup of coffee

Lunch: may eat or may not depends if i'm hungry if so, then I brought a orowheat thin multigrain with fat free turkey slices

Dinner: lean cuisine if I'm not too tired to eat. . . I come home from work by 6pm then off to the gym i go from 6:40 - 7:40.

Snacks : these are usually what keep me going throughout the day. . I have FiberOne bars, or fresh fruit, or crackers, or something

I also drink tons of Water and about 2 diet sodas throughout the day.

Thats me in a nutshell. . . I've reached the doctors goal for me, but would love to lose about 20 - 30 lbs more just for me. . . we'll see. . . have been on a plateau since January. . . ugh

I am about 11 months out, and have been on a plateau for the last few months, but am still happy with where I am. It's early today, so I haven't had much yet but this is probably how my day will play out:

Breakfast: 1 egg omelot with cilantro, cheese and salsa (I eat an egg every day)

Lunch: if i'm hungry probably some tuna salad with a few roasted garlic triscuits and a Dr. Pepper (my weakness)

Supper: Going to a movie with my son, so we will see where we end up. If I eat out, I usually order something off of the appetizer menu. Probably won't eat anything at the theater, it just doesn't interest me anymore.

I don't track it every day, but somedays when I want to see where I am, I use My Fitness Pal - it is so awesome and easy to use. I am eating anywhere from 650 cal/day on a "not hungry kind of day" to 1100 cal on a "boy I ate really crappy kind of day."

Try not to get too discouraged when you plateau, I suspect that even though the scale isn't changing, your body still is. That is what I have experienced anyways.

Keep smiling and keep lovin your new you!!!

Kathy

Thanks for your replies,

I am eating too much, it's no surprise that I am no longer losing.

I need to sharpen up.

LilMissDiva has started a new Group to motivate those of us on the last stretch with approx 30 lbs to lose.

Come join us there and we can all motivate one another across the finish line.

Bookleen

Hi bookleen, I'm a few months shy of being a year out - and by now you know I'm close to goal but not quite there yet. I was never really given a set goal by my PCP nor my surgeon so I've just been "winging it". I originally chose the higher scale from the BMI charts which was 154 Lbs. However the closer I got I realized that would be too light for me and my frame so I bumped it up to 165 Lbs. Anyway I'm very sure that once I have all this skin removed it will be around 10ish pounds! ;)

Anyway, here is what a typical day for me would look like:

Early morning snack:

Protein shake

Breakfast:

Hi Fiber oatmeal packet -OR-

2 eggs (equiv Egg Beaters) and 2 slices of turkey bacon

Mid morning snack:

Something around 100 calories - usually a string cheese...

Lunch:

2 oz of meat, and good carbs -OR-

Protein Shake -OR-

Some kind of salad

Dinner:

2-3 oz of lean meat (I only eat poultry or seafood/fish)

Small serving of green veggie and a couple bites of good carbs

Snack:

Serving of almonds -OR-

1TBSP of chunky Peanut Butter (yummy!!) -OR-

Whole Grain Saltines

This is my most common foods. I try to mix it up sometimes to bump around my calories to keep my body guessing. I will also tack on extra Protein shakes from time to time if I burn lots of calories.

Typical workouts (spread out):

An hour on the treadmill walking/jogging/running

30 Minutes on my Spinner/Stationary Bike

30 Minutes on my Elliptical

30 Minutes of Calisthenics

45 Minutes Brisk Walk at Work

I want to incorporate more DVD style workouts and some yoga!!