Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell Us Where You're From!

That I don't know. I guess that would depend on the BMI and the insurance company. They may see it as being so high that it would be better to pay for the surgery instead of future health complications.

Hi all,

I figured it was time to join the group. My name is Tana and live in Yonkers. After looking at several programs I decided to go with Dr. Weber at White Plains Hospital. It's a small bariatric program but it felt like a good fit for me.

I have done all my pre-op appointments, just waiting for a couple of notes to make it into my chart and then they will submit to insurance. I have Empire BCBS and my policy doesn't require a 6 month supervised diet. So weird how different policies are from the same insurance company.

I am anxiously wanting to schedule a surgery date asap. I have such horrible back pain from old herniated discs. They weren't bothering me for years and then I put some more weight on and BAM, the pain was back. I also want to lose a good amount of weight before the summer so I can be active with my son. He's 3 and deserves a mom that can keep up!

So that is all for now, I wish you all the best!

Getting sleeved tomorrow.. Very excited.. Any last minute comments or suggestions would be appreciated.. Thank you

Getting sleeved tomorrow.. Very excited.. Any last minute comments or suggestions would be appreciated.. Thank you

Congratulations on getting Sleeved!

I would suggest being as relaxed as possible and confident in your decision to have the surgery. Listen to your doctor and stick with the program. The first few weeks are tough with the liquid only diet but you will get through it.

Remember we are here for you if you have any questions.

Thanks for the encouragement biggurl.. I am trying to stay relaxed.. Happy that the wait is finally over.. Not concerned about liquid diet, have been on Optifast shakes since the 3rd.. I will post as soon as I am able to.. Thanks again..

Hi All,

I'm originally from the Bronx and now live in Westchester. I had a battle with insurance (ghi/bcbs) but now have a date of May 10th. Dr. Roslin is my surgeon. I'm nervousss and excited but so, so ready!

Hi All,

I'm originally from the Bronx and now live in Westchester. I had a battle with insurance (ghi/bcbs) but now have a date of May 10th. Dr. Roslin is my surgeon. I'm nervousss and excited but so, so ready!

Congrats! Dr. Roslin at Lenox Hill? He was my surgeon and he is an excellent surgeon. I just saw him on Wednesday. He is very happy with my progress so far.

I have one suggestion for you and anyone who is going to be Sleeved. After surgery some people have gas pains, mainly in your back. No painkiller will take this away. You will have a morphine drip at Lenox Hill but it did nothing for my gas pain. My night nurse put hot compresses on my back and she had to reheat them every hour all night but that was the only thing that gave me relief and by the morning the gas pain was gone. If anyone gets gas pain ask for heat pacs and tell them not to heat them for more than 1.5 minutes otherwise it will burn your skin. I know!

I am scheduled for Northern Westchester Hospital. Same surgeon. I will remember the hot compress. Thank you for the tip. Have you had any regrets? Do you feel better? My BMI is around 40 but I am pre diabetic and have sleep apnea. Did you lose weight before surgery?

I am scheduled for Northern Westchester Hospital. Same surgeon. I will remember the hot compress. Thank you for the tip. Have you had any regrets? Do you feel better? My BMI is around 40 but I am pre diabetic and have sleep apnea. Did you lose weight before surgery?

I have no regrets at all except I wish I had done it sooner. My main problem was back pain. I have 2 herniated disks, 2 enlarged disks, and my lower spine is twisted to the left. There were days I could barely walk. I would be in a wheel chair now if I didn't have the surgery. Now I have no back pain at all, I have so much energy. I only lost 5 pounds before surgery. Dr. Roslin didn't put me on a special diet or make me lose weight before.

Relearning how to eat hasn't been easy and there are still days when I eat to fast but it was all worth it.

Wow, it's been forever since I've visited the NY Group, and I see we've got a few new members!

Welcome Krenee, I'm Sooo Excited, RXTEK320, Kiki Von Moonshine (cute name!), Tana Q, Hibmirn, Fitbottomedgirl, NYCBigGurl, BkDoll, AmberB10021, Ariesgirl, Jimmy Got Soul, BabyPink002, and Beba238!

Honestly, when I started this NY group I had aspirations of it turning into something where we could have a group meet up, but as you can see that never worked out. What I can do is let all of you know that I'm no expert or anything but if you have any sleeve questions you wanna ask, i'll do my best to answer, or at least try to point you in the right direction! I'm not on VST as often as I used to be, but if you hit my inbox, I'll get a notification letting me know I have a message.

Lets continue to encourage each other in this crazy journey. Sending positive energy and prayers out for those struggling with the pre-op journey as well as the post op journey! Hang in there, it really does get better!

New York is frickin awesome. So are we!

I was sleeved 6 days ago at NYP weil cornell by Dr. Dakin.he is a man of little words but his skill speaks volumes. So far, I am doing well. struggeleing to get liquids in. God is Good. My surgery went well ecept for the first day post op- lots of naseau. I live in westchester county, right net to the bx; i am familiar with "noo yawk".........LOL.

Sooooo hapy that you are doing so well...I live in the BX and I will be having surgery with Dr. Dakin on April 11 at NYP too...How was your experience at the hospital and everything? The day is coming so close. Im getting so nervous. Ive never had surgery before.

Hi, I'm from Queens, NY. I was planning on getting my sleeve done at NYU but they told me today that Medicare doesn't cover this procedure. It's being reviewed and they may decide by the summer :(