Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I haven't been to Mexico in years. Back in the day it was recommended you not drink the Water. Is that still true today? If so did anyone get sick from the post surgery ice chips? Thanks, Cathi

I didn't get any ice chips. However, I drank the chicken broth, the tea, and the juice I was given and I was fine in Mexicali. Don't know if I'd feel the same elsewhere.

I ate tons of crushed ice in the hospital in Mexicali. They were so good and I did not get sick at all. I asked about this and was told the ice came from a filtered Water things that took out all the bad stuff.

You're going to a hospital, you don't need to worry about this. They're not about to do anything to make you sick and risk their medical tourism!

The ice machine is going to filter the Water before making the ice. You should be just fine. I ate ice chips the whole time I was in the hospital and it was the best thing ever. You'll do great, congrats!

Thanks for the replies... I think I am just scared to death and trying to get every detail I can lol I feel totally confident in my decision to go to Mexico then I talk to my sisters or daughter and they think I am insane, My daughter who initially was going to watch my two younger children while I was gone, told me today she couldn't support my decision, so she wouldn't watch the kids. I know its just her fear talking, and ultimately I am sure she will watch them, but just the same a little support would be nice. Cathi

Thanks for the replies... I think I am just scared to death and trying to get every detail I can lol I feel totally confident in my decision to go to Mexico then I talk to my sisters or daughter and they think I am insane, My daughter who initially was going to watch my two younger children while I was gone, told me today she couldn't support my decision, so she wouldn't watch the kids. I know its just her fear talking, and ultimately I am sure she will watch them, but just the same a little support would be nice. Cathi

Yes, you will be fine with the water/ice chips, etc. And don't worry, everyone has these questions. Ask all you want! That is what this forum is for. Better to be informed than to be surprised later!

Sorry to hear about your sisters and your daughter. I hope you can find someone to watch your children. I understand her fears, but she should support your decision. Good luck to yousmile.gif

I know it's not the same but you have the support of us here, there are so many things to worry about, sometimes it's hard to worry about other peoples fears too, even though they matter. If you feel in your heart it's the right thing to do, go with your gut. Other people will feed off you confidence after a while and the people who mean well will eventually follow suit with feeling confident too. Best of luck, sorry that was long winded ;p

Kie