Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleevers in Chicago southland

Hello I'm located in Chicago waiting on my surgery jn October!

Where are you going? I'm hoping to get sleeved in Mexico in October.

I just got the call - I'm Approved! Holy Crap I'm Approved! I'm trying to have this done the first week of September since my husband will be off of work that week and he can take care of our 5 year old. I have to pay for my 15 day pre-op meals and pick them up on Saturday and try to start the preop diet on Sat as well. Geeze what a rush. Maybe it will help me from being terribly scared but I doubt it. I know alot of people have written that they are scared that they may die from this and I try to remind myself that this is a good life changer. But as I sit here typing this, tears are rolling down my face as the reality of this is hitting home...and hitting hard. I've read so much about the emotional side of this journey but, man it's already started. I feel scared, excited, anxiety-ridden, hopeful....

I just got the call - I'm Approved! Holy Crap I'm Approved! I'm trying to have this done the first week of September since my husband will be off of work that week and he can take care of our 5 year old. I have to pay for my 15 day pre-op meals and pick them up on Saturday and try to start the preop diet on Sat as well. Geeze what a rush. Maybe it will help me from being terribly scared but I doubt it. I know alot of people have written that they are scared that they may die from this and I try to remind myself that this is a good life changer. But as I sit here typing this' date=' tears are rolling down my face as the reality of this is hitting home...and hitting hard. I've read so much about the emotional side of this journey but, man it's already started. I feel scared, excited, anxiety-ridden, hopeful....[/quote']

Yay!!! So excited for you!!! Where are you having it done? And how long did insurance take to approve you? - you have BCBS right?

Yay!!! So excited for you!!! Where are you having it done? And how long did insurance take to approve you? - you have BCBS right?

I'm having it done at St. Alexius in Hoffman Estates. It took about 1 week to get approval from BCBS once they sent over the paperwork.

I'm having it done at St. Alexius in Hoffman Estates. It took about 1 week to get approval from BCBS once they sent over the paperwork.

I'm getting nervous I won't be approved. It was a week today since they sent my paperwork. I know they say it can be up to 30 days but I keep reading posts where BCBSIL approves in a couple days to a week. I found out I do NOT have sleep apnea, so I don't really have any comorbidities - just slightly elevated blood pressure and a BMI of 42.7 :/ anxious.

I'm getting nervous I won't be approved. It was a week today since they sent my paperwork. I know they say it can be up to 30 days but I keep reading posts where BCBSIL approves in a couple days to a week. I found out I do NOT have sleep apnea, so I don't really have any comorbidities - just slightly elevated blood pressure and a BMI of 42.7 :/ anxious.

That was me too. No sleep apnea, my bp is a little high but I take meds for that and my cholestrol is a little high and I take meds for that also (hopefully not for long!) but my family history isn't great so that may have helped a litt. I've read that people have to go for a cardiac clearance...I didn't have to, did you? If you want to give Maria a call and check I'm sure she wouldn't mind - I just think they are soo busy -- she called me about 8pm tonight with the news.

Hey LawDiva... Were you able to get a group together?

I just got the call - I'm Approved! Holy Crap I'm Approved! I'm trying to have this done the first week of September since my husband will be off of work that week and he can take care of our 5 year old. I have to pay for my 15 day pre-op meals and pick them up on Saturday and try to start the preop diet on Sat as well. Geeze what a rush. Maybe it will help me from being terribly scared but I doubt it. I know alot of people have written that they are scared that they may die from this and I try to remind myself that this is a good life changer. But as I sit here typing this' date=' tears are rolling down my face as the reality of this is hitting home...and hitting hard. I've read so much about the emotional side of this journey but, man it's already started. I feel scared, excited, anxiety-ridden, hopeful....[/quote']

That is awesome congrats! Are you still going through The Kane Center. Just an FYI I had a great experience through Alexian Bro's. keep me posted :-)

That was me too. No sleep apnea' date=' my bp is a little high but I take meds for that and my cholestrol is a little high and I take meds for that also (hopefully not for long!) but my family history isn't great so that may have helped a litt. I've read that people have to go for a cardiac clearance...I didn't have to, did you? If you want to give Maria a call and check I'm sure she wouldn't mind - I just think they are soo busy -- she called me about 8pm tonight with the news.[/quote']

I just called insurance and they said they are sending a letter out today that I am "conditionally

approved". Does that mean I need to do more stuff? I left a voice mail for Maria. Hopefully she'll call back soon.

Not yet. It hasn't worked out. How about this: message me your email address if you're interested and I'll try to get something organized. I just talked to insurance and they said they are sending a letter to my surgeon that I am "conditionally approved". I hope that means I'm a go!

Anyone interested in meeting, message me with your email address and I'll try to get a group together for coffee. Or tea. Or whatever. :)

Anyone interested in meeting, message me with your email address and I'll try to get a group together for coffee. Or tea. Or whatever. :)

I'm actually at fairly loose ends this weekend, except for pole class Saturday morning. I'd even drive into the city! ;-)

I just called insurance and they said they are sending a letter out today that I am "conditionally

approved". Does that mean I need to do more stuff? I left a voice mail for Maria. Hopefully she'll call back soon.

it sounds like you have to do few more things for them to approve you. You did the pysch evaluation right? Did you do the pre-op dietary meeting? Hmm, it will be interesting to find out what it exactly means.

I just talked to Donna re: scheduling. Unfortunately my schedule and Dr. Rantis' schedule doesn't jive well. He will be off for the Jewish holidays soon and that's when I have a block of time available. I will talk to my husband today and see when we can do it next - he needs to be off to get my son to/from school, etc. Frustrating, just when I was getting myself psyched.

it sounds like you have to do few more things for them to approve you. You did the pysch evaluation right? Did you do the pre-op dietary meeting? Hmm' date=' it will be interesting to find out what it exactly means.

I just talked to Donna re: scheduling. Unfortunately my schedule and Dr. Rantis' schedule doesn't jive well. He will be off for the Jewish holidays soon and that's when I have a block of time available. I will talk to my husband today and see when we can do it next - he needs to be off to get my son to/from school, etc. Frustrating, just when I was getting myself psyched.[/quote']

I did the psych eval and the dietician and they both said they were recommending me. I have also been to the pulmunologist, cardiologist, and done the sleep study though I don't know if insurance has any of that info. I'm waiting to hear back from Maria at Kane Center. I'll let you all know when I find out! (fingers crossed!)