Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleevers in Chicago southland

I'm in Crystal Lake (Far NW), surgery at Centegra-Woodstock with Dr. Amir Heydari. :)

Dr. Paul Stanish is my surgeon I am his 4th patient at Community in Munster' date=' IN because it is closer to my family than St. Mary's. Dr. Shamsi came to see me each day as did Anna, and Katherine the Nutritionist.

Edited to say that Dr. Stanish, Dr. Dang and Dr. Shamsi were all at Methodist Hospital in Merrillville, Indiana and they moved their practice to expand it and moved to St. Mary's Hospital & Community Hospital. Though they have done literally 1000's of surgeries, they had to start all over for their "Centers of Excellence". They have done about 100 at St. Mary's already over the past year. I was #4 and #3 was done a few hours before me. . I was a little nervous to have it at Community because their nursing staff on the floors haven't a lot of experience with Dr. Stanish/Dang's patients but I have to tell you, I had the best ever Nurses and Nurses Aids at Community Hospital after surgery than I have ever had before. My room was massive, the Nurses and NA's attentive and I have had several operations at Community and never received this good of care from the nursing staff. Healthy4Life staff really truly trained the nurses that will take care of you after surgery.[/quote']

That is good to hear. I've never heard anything but positive things about them all and the whole program has been a God send.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond to everyone! I had my sleeve and had a little bit of trouble with my recovery.. I would like to talk to ALL OF YOU! I don't care if you're grandmas or live far away. I live on the far north side of Chicago, basically almost in Skokie. Please feel free to send me a friend request and good luck to each and every one of you!

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond to everyone! I had my sleeve and had a little bit of trouble with my recovery.. I would like to talk to ALL OF YOU! I don't care if you're grandmas or live far away. I live on the far north side of Chicago, basically almost in Skokie. Please feel free to send me a friend request and good luck to each and every one of you!

I'm a little further to the north of you, in Appleton, WI, but I do wander down Skokie way now and again (to pick up the Swift Yellow Line) and visit the botanical gardens. If you want to chat, that's great. If not I'll understand. :)

I'm a Southsider, but out on summer break!!! So, let's chat, workout or something!! I'm game!!

Cool.... Nervousness is normal.. let me know if there's anything I can do for you!!

Good Luck, stay positive and keep good thoughts and will say some prayers for you.

Is BMI support group this wednesday???

Where would that be at

I just looked it up. It is the last wednesday of the month at Silver Cross at 6pm. I'm going to go. Who wants to join me?

I haven't seen this but it's a support grup

I'll go where do they meet in the office ?

Sitting in Dr Joyce's office at Silver Cross Hospital in New Lenox- and so the journey begins!