Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleevers in Chicago southland

Hello to all,

i live in Tinley Park. I had my surgery in the north suburbs. I went to Dr. Peter Ranits at Alexian Brothers in Elk Grove Village. He is great. I love my sleeve....I would do it all over again. It has saved my life. I'm 13 months post op. I have lost 95 lbs. I just went for my plastics consult. I will be having my first surgery in Oct. I have never been happier. However I really need to find some VSG friends. I'd love to meet and share tips and help each other to be successful.

in Mokena going to Dr Joyce also would love a support group

I'm going to Dr Cahill as well but at St Margaret Mercy in Dyer In. I'm getting sleeved on Tuesday June 5 and would love some more support.

Hello my fellow Chicagoans. I had my surgery at university of Chicago, I know that a few posters have had it done at northwestern hospital. I live In the city, like literally 1 mile from downtown. I would love some workout buddies that have been sleeved even if it's only once every week or every other week. Since the weather is nice maybe we can do a walk on the Chicago lake front path, or if anyone is feeling upto it maybe we can even do a bike ride.

I'm in Chicago as well. Was just sleeved in the 30th and still very much recuperating but would love to have a Chicago group. I live in the south loop very close to downtown (16th and Michigan).

I'd like to join the group! I'm in Southeast Chicago. I haven't been sleeved yet. I go for my first consultation at LifeWeigh Bariactrics tomorrow.

Janie you and I are close (Mokena) not going till August can use your advice

Skye, I would love to answer any questions you may have. You can ask me here, or we can meet for coffee and chat anytime.

Thanks Janie love that idea and sooner than later as coffee will be a no no soonn

I know of Dr. Cahill through St. Margaret's Dyer. Many of my doctor's including my eye doctor are out of there.

I went to Dr. Cahill a few years ago' date=' but I lost my insurance after I enrolled with them. A few years later I decided to try again and was sent to Healthy4Life out of St. Mary's/Community Hospital. Best of luck to you!!!![/quote']

Which surgeon did you go to at Healthy 4 Life? I go to St. Maty's in Hobart and have been seeing Dr. Shamsi since November. Dr. Dang is my surgeon for 7/23 sleeve.

Hello Chicago (and surrounding areas) lol. Pilsen/chinatown here.

Dr. Paul Stanish is my surgeon I am his 4th patient at Community in Munster, IN because it is closer to my family than St. Mary's. Dr. Shamsi came to see me each day as did Anna, and Katherine the Nutritionist.

Edited to say that Dr. Stanish, Dr. Dang and Dr. Shamsi were all at Methodist Hospital in Merrillville, Indiana and they moved their practice to expand it and moved to St. Mary's Hospital & Community Hospital. Though they have done literally 1000's of surgeries, they had to start all over for their "Centers of Excellence". They have done about 100 at St. Mary's already over the past year. I was #4 and #3 was done a few hours before me. . I was a little nervous to have it at Community because their nursing staff on the floors haven't a lot of experience with Dr. Stanish/Dang's patients but I have to tell you, I had the best ever Nurses and Nurses Aids at Community Hospital after surgery than I have ever had before. My room was massive, the Nurses and NA's attentive and I have had several operations at Community and never received this good of care from the nursing staff. Healthy4Life staff really truly trained the nurses that will take care of you after surgery.